Character Creation Discussion

@Phntm888 Super excited for this, I've always got a few concepts running around in my head. Quick question though,would you be open to allowing the Remaster rogue, who is proficient in Martial weapons? Right now I'd love to take the Sword Scion background, but as a rogue I would still be untrained in it.

Edited by Zen Gypsy (see edit history)

Nvm. Just forgot which game I was sheeting. Had the idea just forgot it was 2e lol. Working up one now I’ve always wanted to try. Whether you choose it or not, I might try to keep it around and use it as a template lol.

17 hours ago, Zen Gypsy said:

@Phntm888 Super excited for this, I've always got a few concepts running around in my head. Quick question though,would you be open to allowing the Remaster rogue, who is proficient in Martial weapons? Right now I'd love to take the Sword Scion background, but as a rogue I would still be untrained in it.

Hmm. I thought I had included that Remaster content was okay, but I apparently missed doing so. Yes, the Remaster Rogue is okay.

12 hours ago, DashtheMad said:

Nvm. Just forgot which game I was sheeting. Had the idea just forgot it was 2e lol. Working up one now I’ve always wanted to try. Whether you choose it or not, I might try to keep it around and use it as a template lol.

Isn’t it so annoying when you forget which system you’re playing?

2 hours ago, Phntm888 said:

Hmm. I thought I had included that Remaster content was okay, but I apparently missed doing so. Yes, the Remaster Rogue is okay.

Isn’t it so annoying when you forget which system you’re playing?

Absolutely

For sure interested in this and I already have a couple concepts in mind. You said that one spot is already guaranteed for someone, what class would they be playing? Hopefully knowing that will help me eliminate one of my ideas.

28 minutes ago, Lodwilk said:

For sure interested in this and I already have a couple concepts in mind. You said that one spot is already guaranteed for someone, what class would they be playing? Hopefully knowing that will help me eliminate one of my ideas.

They are playing a Kineticist.

1 hour ago, Zen Gypsy said:

I'd prefer to play my summoner, but if the group is hurting for a healer I've got a cleric build in mind.

I'd like to play a druid who will start of with some medicine training, but then take the herbalist archetype and lean into healing via the Nature skill and crafting healing potions.

Actually, I was originally thinking of playing an alchemist, but with thevremastered version of the class not out til August, there's too much up in the air with the alchemist class. I do love alchemists though.

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)

I'm interested, but I have no experience with Pathfinder 2e at all...I've got a vague concept in mind of a lizardfolk/iruxi, raised by river traders, who became fascinated with machinery after spending long hours at a human-made watermill. They'd be fond of invention and building things, using a crossbow in battle, and their goals would be focused around securing a river or other trade route to allow goods and people to flow back and forth, and establish a solid industry or trade of some sort, while at the same time maintaining his home tribe/village's animist traditions and keeping the environment in good health.

What kind of class would be appropriate for that sort of thing? Mechanically-minded with a side of environmentalism-spiritualism?

6 minutes ago, Avaday Daydream said:

I'm interested, but I have no experience with Pathfinder 2e at all...I've got a vague concept in mind of a lizardfolk/iruxi, raised by river traders, who became fascinated with machinery after spending long hours at a human-made watermill. They'd be fond of invention and building things, using a crossbow in battle, and their goals would be focused around securing a river or other trade route to allow goods and people to flow back and forth, and establish a solid industry or trade of some sort, while at the same time maintaining his home tribe/village's animist traditions and keeping the environment in good health.

What kind of class would be appropriate for that sort of thing? Mechanically-minded with a side of environmentalism-spiritualism?

An iruxi from humble beginings who uses a crossbow in combat, maintaining an Iruxi tribe's animist traditions and building trade with them - that's sounding slightly like a ranger. This would be a perfect fit for Chessik'shttps://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/15323-chissek-longtooth-iruxi-untamed-druid/ new pack.

But if you want more emphasis on tinkering and building and inventing stuff, that's the inventor class to a T, although mechanically it may concern you that lizardfolk/iruxi have a racial penalty to intelligence.

Gunslingers also kind of tinker with their weapons, and count crossbows among their expertise.

or you could do a mix

For example, you could start with either the ranger or gunslinger class (this approach will get you a better dex score and weapon proficiency progression) and add the inventor archetype at level 2, since this campaign is using the free archetype rule.

You'll need 14 intelligence to qualify for that though, so you'll have to balance your stats out to make that work.

At level 2 you'll immediately get an inventor innovation which gives you a few options to upgrade your crossbow via tinkering.

This also improve your crafting skill.

I am going to disagree, straight Inventor with a Gunslinger dedication would be more suitable, take a gun as your weapon innovation, assuming you go Dex Int (Ancestry), and take a (Dex, Int) background, you could end with 16 Dex & 18 Intelligence, enough to give you a +6 to hit with your Innovation at level 1, which would only be slightly behind an 18 Str-Dex martial (other than fighter or gunslinger who would be +9) but it gives you quicker access to the cool inventor stuff ... especially the powerful Megaton Strike at 4th ...

Assuming an a Flintlock Musket as your innovation at 4th level you would be doing 3d6+(Int Mod+1) with a Overdrive, Megaton strike ... but with a crit it would go up to 7d10+2(Int Mod+1) due to the Fatal Trait. Personally, since Inventor has the Int for it, I would go with Wizard Dedication, specifically for Basic Spell Casting for the whole set up, that way you could ... theoretically ... True Strike, Megaton Strike, for 5e Advantage on the attack roll. Hell, imagine a striking rune on that gun, so 4d6+Int on hit, 9d10+2(Int+1) on a crit ... at level 4 ... hell yeah.

Even without criting that's the equivalent of a 2nd level spell pretty much every shot ... not bad ...

Also remember, re: Iruxi base line stats ... you can always just take two free boosts rather than use the racial boosts & flaws ... so rather than take an elf's Dex & Free Boost, and the Con flaw, you could take a Boost to Str & Con and just be a hearty elf. Same with an intelligent Iruxi.

Edited by Zen Gypsy (see edit history)