Session 9: Booty

GM Saint

https://mwbaldrcdkstack-ipbuploads6f377ba5-6asvxg6ywium.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2023_11/ffe456db-145a-4206-a621-b97d83a44164(2).jpg.5c56c24bd51547bf470bfc45f6b0d253.jpgName: Souris Garou | Class: Druid 6 | AC: 1 | HP 54/54 | Prof: +3 | PP: 17

Saves | Attacks | Cantrips | Magic Items | Wildshape: ▣ ▣

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack: +7 | Level 1 ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣  | Level 2 ▣ ▣ ▣ |   Level 3 ▣ ▣ | Luck ▣ ▣
Baba certainly had a penchant for pissing people off, and her fingers were in everything. She wouldn't put it past the Hag to have made some deal with the halfling for power to imprison the ancient druid, or worse. Souris' lips tightened to a line. "Baba, I can't concern myself with all your dealings. I just can't. There's too many with too much history for me to handle. I'll do what I promised because we made a bargain. It would require a new one for more." The little druid didn't grin but there was a twinkle in her eye. Was this a chance to actually have the upper hand in a negotiation with the hag?

Dice Ex Machina

Murdain ShattershieldMurdainWitcher5.png.6cd2afbc95fe290c39b8a905db668054.png

Class: Psion 6 | AC: 14 | HP: 60/60 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/36/6d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 4/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 10/10 |💼 Inventory

Halfway through leaving the house, he remembered he'd not done his morning prayer-carving, but kept going, deciding he would do it after breakfast. Perhaps something would be changed? Or maybe it was naïve to think that. Murdain had walked into the inn just hearing the tail end of the exchange between Nikoletta and Gavan. So he survived after all. He wasnt sure what to think of that. The man was likely the Baroness' pawn, and doubtless had been bit by the mutants; did that mean he was a werewolf now, or have some lesser curse, like one he had through birth? The man Aaliyah pulled out yesterday had a nasty bite mark, too... He found his thoughts drifting, and instead focused them. Gavan. Dawn said he'd done something abhorrent, and she seemed trustworthy enough. That kind of deed wasnt something forgivable. More misunderstandings? But this was the Vale, cant just ask about someone's past.

...However, regardless how much of a monster he may have been, it was fact that he saved their lives yesterday by covering their retreat. It would be incredibly poor manners to not thank him for such. Still... Perhaps he could gain some information on the Baron he'd killed from him. Maybe he knew... But maybe he didnt. He also reminded himself that he'd had to talk to the mayor about the Sheriff position, and check on Aria and Ethyl.

"Mornin'." He settled into a chair near Nikoletta, and waited for his food to arrive. The pair was engaged in conversation; he'd offer his thanks after they'd concluded their exchange.

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Ved Kith (AKA Kirit)  |  Class: Fighter 6 

AC: 16+1HP: 69/72 | Hit dice: 4/4d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 0/4d8  0/1d6 | Action surge 0/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 0/2 | Adamant 1/1  Attacks  | Saves  | Maneuvers

Ved goes early to the tavern, starts drinking, and waits for Ved to arrive

OOC

image.jpeg.18b356b01b7971d6c0b65aeae394683a.jpeg

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 1/5 | AC: 16| HP: 49/49 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 14 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Attacks: EB | +7 | 1d10+4(x2)

Cantrips       Spells Known (6): 

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o]

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 Sorc Points: 0/5

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o][o][o] (lvl2) [o][o][o] (lvl3) [o][o]l (War lvl1) [o]  

@WolfBirch

Aaliyah was a little sad to see less of her friends today. Everything was going back to normal so her role as babysitter was going away. So she sadly says hi to the ones still around until she notices Barkvin.

With a quick goodbye, she chases after him. "Hey me heaarrrrty! Argh we gonna deal with arrr little prarrrblem?" She started giggling. "I dont think I can get rid of the staff until we all talk a out it. If you break me free from it, its gonna let the demon back out and I bet the mayor gets really made about a demon just being let out in town. But the man we saved yesterday, you gotta save him! He's a werewolf and if you don't cure him... he can't go home, right? Let him go to risk his family's life? Niko will just run him down..."

Edited by TheGospel (see edit history)

@Alliebaby @Diofant

"So you were there also then. Understandable. Monsters to be killed. What did you learn? I went to rescue the folks who..." at this point Murdain invites himself to join them. Did Gavan look slightly annoyed for a moment? He had the look of a man who was just interrupted trying to impress a woman.

"Good morning," he greets, slightly annoyed at the interruption but not for any personal disdain towards the dwarf. "I went to rescue some folks who apparently didn't need rescuing though I did seize the opportunity to cull an unwanted population of... whatever those men were. I admit I've never seen their like. The one who tipped me off disappeared and I suspect I was sent to die.

"I can't wait until he shows himself so I can disappoint him... thoroughly."

@Knave

You sit at the bar, drinking before Noon. You can hear most of what being said at the table behind you and cone to the realization Ved Sr. probably wouldn't appear with Gavan around.

https://mwbaldrcdkstack-ipbuploads6f377ba5-6asvxg6ywium.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2023_11/ffe456db-145a-4206-a621-b97d83a44164(2).jpg.5c56c24bd51547bf470bfc45f6b0d253.jpgName: Souris Garou | Class: Druid 6 | AC: 1 | HP 54/54 | Prof: +3 | PP: 17

Saves | Attacks | Cantrips | Magic Items | Wildshape: ▣ ▣

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack: +7 | Level 1 ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣  | Level 2 ▣ ▣ ▣ |   Level 3 ▣ ▣ | Luck ▣ ▣

This... she was not ready for this. She was not a negotiator and was still half asleep. "What do I propose..." The words came out as a mumble. The little mouse did not have an answer. "I need a way to contact you if I need you. Da was looking for you earlier, and couldn't find you. Like I said I can't keep track of everything, and it might be good if I could reach out before doing something that will cause too much trouble." There was something else on her mind, something she wasn't asking... she reached out mentally.

Dice Ex Machina

360_F_550145852_p3MjtVaLStdL6fBKNHQZIyXwvqUQHVon.jpg.b9c3ec16c0fc13a81db46d2d22c75495.jpg

Name Nikoletta Vandal | Class BH/Pal | Level: 6 | AC: 15| HP: 72/72 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 18 / Dex 12 / Con 14 / Int 08 / Wis 10 / Cha 14
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Eyeless [x] Aroooo:[o] The Die: 1d6 Attacks: Greatsword | +7 | 1d12+4 slash - Bow | +4 | 1dd8+3

Spells: Misty Step/Levitate/Dispel Magic/Bless [o][o][o][o]

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o]

Was he flirting?  This could be a good opportunity. She could have a cooperative relationship with this man for now, let her see him in a way no one else does. Another entire strip of bacon goes into her mouth while he talks. "Some creature, his nature still a mystery to me, was conducting cruel experiments. Those men had werewolf blood pumped into their bodies, turning them into... that.

"You should have seen the big one he kept with him. I've never seen a man that big. I took this halfling monster's head and burned the body to ash but my gut tells me that story isn't over yet. And now some ancient druid has claimed the house for herself so further investigations may prove... difficult."

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Ved Kith (AKA Kirit)  |  Class: Fighter 6 

AC: 16+1HP: 69/72 | Hit dice: 4/4d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 0/4d8  0/1d6 | Action surge 0/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 0/2 | Adamant 1/1  Attacks  | Saves  | Maneuvers

Ved gets to his feet, a little carefully, and goes round back to knock on Ved's door.

OOC

orcpirate(2).jpg.12104ac02f934c721f72d91272b3fe2d.jpgName Barkvin | Class Cleric 6 | AC: 19 | HP: 57/57 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str +3 / Dex +2 / Con +3 / Int +1 / Wis +8 / Cha +3 | Luck: (2/2) | Channel Divinity: (1/1)

Special Abilities darkvision, Warcaster, Disciple of Life, Turn Undead, Preserve Life, Blessed Healer | 

Attacks: Mace | +5 | 1d6+2 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+1 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 | Hit Dice d8 (6/6) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Sacred Flame (2d8 radiant DEX save), Word of Radiance (2d6 radiant CON save)

Level 1 | (4/4) | Bless C (+d4), Cure Wounds (1d8+7 healing), Healing Word (1d4+7 healing), Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic)
Level 2 | (3/3)  | Hold Person C (WIS), Zone of Truth, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon (1d8+4 force), Prayer of Healing (2d8+8 x6), Blindness Deafness (CON)

Level 3 | (3/3)  | Beacon of Hope C, Mass Healing Word (1d4+9 x6), Daylight, [Aura of Vitality C (2d6+5 for 1 minute)], Revivify, Spirit Guardians C (WIS 3d8 radiant), Remove Curse

Barkvin smiles at Aaliyah's attempt to talk like a pirate, while they walk into the bakery. The smell of fresh baked goodness filling the air. He orders a loaf o crusty bread and two large sticky cinnamon rolls. "Argh, me hearty. Want one?" He offers, taking a big bite of the other and putting the fresh warm bread into his bag. Walking outside he responds, "So ye think that it was the staff that took the demon in. I wondered what happened to it. I thought that Niko and then the rest of us were going to die and it disappeared just as suddenly as it had appeared. I'd kind of hoped we wouldn't see that infernal creature again. So yeah, if I break the curse we should do it out of town. Perhaps in that old library cave place. Need to be ready for a tough fight though, maybe we let everyone rest up for a day or two first, if you can wait that long. As for Trent, I am not sure that I have enough divine clout to help him yet. I can try, but it might be more than I can handle. Needs to be done though, before we let him return to his family. Until then we will need to chain him up every full moon. I suppose." He picks out some fresh vegetables from the farmer's carts that they have set up in town square and heads to the butcher's shop.

Mechanics *

MOVE: shopping around town

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

REACTION: none

CONCENTRATION: none

OOC: Do you have to have greater restoration to break lycanthropy? Barkvin will try lesser restoration and remove curse on Trent.

Free 1 level bump whenever plus benefits of a long rest.

Edited by WolfBirch (see edit history)

Murdain ShattershieldMurdainWitcher5.png.6cd2afbc95fe290c39b8a905db668054.png

Class: Psion 6 | AC: 14 | HP: 60/60 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/36/6d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 4/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 10/10 |💼 Inventory

So thats how she wants to spin it. Thought Murdain, leaning on the counter while waiting for his breakfast. Not saying everything they learned outright to this man was probably the right call. After all, what was he going to do that was helpful? It was interesting to note that Gavan was set up nicely against Ved Sr. It would make it easier if one needed to disappear, like what Ved said. As the latter stood up and left, Murdain turned to look at him and gave an acknowledging nod. Now... Did he push himself into the conversation anyway, despite very clear signs from Gavan that wasnt what he wanted? It would be useful to sprinkle some more crumbs for him, maybe see just how deep his connections to the Beholder-Crest lies. Or... Did he just shut up and eat his eggs and bacon? Well, he'd give them another moment, he decided, pulling out a knife and an unfinished carving he'd been making for the kids around town - a raccoon.

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)

image.jpeg.18b356b01b7971d6c0b65aeae394683a.jpeg

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 1/5 | AC: 16| HP: 49/49 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 14 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Attacks: EB | +7 | 1d10+4(x2)

Cantrips       Spells Known (6): 

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o]

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 Sorc Points: 0/5

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o][o][o] (lvl2) [o][o][o] (lvl3) [o][o]l (War lvl1) [o]  

@WolfBirch

"I think whoever has the staff is carrying the demon. He was really whispery last night and the staff won't stay away from me. I dont think we can't defeat him but we can give someone else the staff... just not Souris."

She accepted a bit of the bread but only nibbled at it. Aaliyah never ate very much and seemed to be more of a grazer.

"She... scared me yesterday. She wanted this staff so bad she almost got us all killed for it. I think maybe the demon got into her head. So if I have to be possessed to keep her safe from it, then maybe I have to keep it.

Or... we trick Gavan into taking it." Her voice almost cracks a little at the idea of dumping a whole surprise demon on the paladin.

"You know I spent a week with a real pirate, like a for real life pirate girl. Shes nothing like you."

Edited by TheGospel (see edit history)

@Knave

"Oh for shit's sake, didn't I JUST save your life last night? Isn't that enough fatherly attention for the month?" You're sure he has a loaded crossbow behind the door, even though he leaves it as he walks outside.

"That idiot couldn't even die after I made it so easy for him. You'd think these fancy holy rollers would be more vigilant about dying like heroes."