Session 0

Laird_Thorne

@Laird_Thorne 

I think I've reached the point where I'm going to need a hand on the mechanics. I'm assuming 4 advancements to get to Seasoned. The shift between the basic SWADE and th Deadlands take are going to leave me kind of lost. And with the rework of the background it feels a little more ready to go without making Orrin 30+, which is pushing it for more than ten years past his formative events.

19 hours ago, Inquisitor D said:

Are we looking to start as an existing group? Probably too early for character/background ties, but could be fun to start brainstorming 'em.

I'll leave that up to you all. :) It might be interesting if everyone knows one or two of the others, but had not worked as a group. :)

Okay, American geography is not my forte (Brit here) so feel free to laugh at me if I bungled this. But if I have it right the route of our three magicy ladies' travel to Kansas amuses me. Coro starts in Seattle, heading East and South. Jessie's been about a bit, but most of her travels seem to put her more south east before heading to Kansas, so she's going north west. And while I don't think Gwen's original home's noted, Mina's operating outta Memphis which is relatively close to Kansas, right?

IDK why this made me smile, but it's at least interesting how it lines up. Almost like it was fated or something. ;) Two people meeting on the position of the third.

It does make for an interesting merger of paths.... :)

It'd probably be something like about 550 miles or so in a straight line from Doddsville to Memphis. But, the actual travel would be longer because of mountains, hills, waters, etc between the two. :)

Kansas rail hubs, historically there due to cattle, would bring people into the area and you could hand wave it a bit too. Memphis is easy. River boat up to St. Louis, train westward toward Some place like Kansas City, with Doddsville being a lady one, rail switch, or water stop. I can do the others too! Just stuck at work.

Edited by Shorikid (see edit history)

Hrm... Interesting! I'm a little split about Coro's course with this context. I could see her heading Chicago way, then zagging back, keeping to the rails. Or stopping her train ride at Deadwood, heading south overland. Her plan was to try and ditch any pursuit from the Five Petals - not sure which path would be better for that.

Ok, looking over the apps, I like what I see. As a matter of fact, there are 6 of you out there and that's the upper side of the number of folks I could handle. so, welcome aboard everyone. :)

As a visual person, I'm curious. Who would you cast as your character for the HBO series (with unlimited budget for casting or CGI to bring back dead folks. :) )?

Edited by Laird_Thorne (see edit history)