Session 0

Laird_Thorne

On 1/29/2024 at 9:46 PM, Lwmons said:

I assume we start with the standard $250, no additional cash for a Seasoned character? I was originally asking because I wanted to get my guy a wagon, but since it looks like we are starting on a train it's probably better I save up for one.

I did some digging and it looks like characters begin with 250$ / rank, so for Seasoned you'd start with 500$. I've added that to the Guidelines.

A wagon would still be doable, but you'll (likely) be riding a train so would have to find and arrange a place for it until you got back to it. :)

Edited by Laird_Thorne (see edit history)

Probably for the best. Even with the extra money I wouldn't be able to afford the necessary horses for a cart, as well as all my gear. Though I may still need to invest in a mule or something because encumbrance hurts.

21 minutes ago, RedRajah said:

Aggravatingly, Baldr's not letting me post my dang fool application!

Hrm! Looks like it doesn't like the coding on the post. I can see the start of your ap on the game summary pose, so Baldr read the text.

Weird! (Science? Damn Ghost Rock powered forum)

19 minutes ago, TiffanyKorta said:

Whoa, oh whoa, I'm being denied credit for my pretty little sheet! 😁 Obviously I kid, it was already inspired by one from the OG site and I'm more than happy to share it with everyone!

^^ For my part, I'm just worrying if my basic idea with Coro is okay before I try and put her sheet together. New to the setting and all. When I do though? Ehehe...

(Seriously, thanks in advance! It came out beautifully)

5 hours ago, TiffanyKorta said:

Whoa, oh whoa, I'm being denied credit for my pretty little sheet! 😁 Obviously I kid, it was already inspired by one from the OG site and I'm more than happy to share it with everyone!

I like it. It's very readable and a nice layout. I may borrow it for inspiration of a layout of any SWADE game I'm in (or apply to). :)

15 hours ago, TiffanyKorta said:

Your sacrifice is much appreciated, I always have a heck of a time trying to get things to look anything like I want them on here. Even cloning a sheet I was still getting frustrated when trying to do a few things.

Sorry for the slow start. Trying to get all of this in while dealing with realtors and house repairs and work madness! Laird, just for the sake of detail, what is the current in game year and status of the conflict back East? I've not had my hands on books in...a while. Working out the history, have the sketch of stats, but they aren't finished.

19 minutes ago, Shorikid said:

Sorry for the slow start. Trying to get all of this in while dealing with realtors and house repairs and work madness! Laird, just for the sake of detail, what is the current in game year and status of the conflict back East? I've not had my hands on books in...a while. Working out the history, have the sketch of stats, but they aren't finished.

Not Laird, but just pointing out that the 'Train Job' thread seems to list the current year as 1884. Dunno if that's helpful without the additional information, but figured it might be.

4 hours ago, Shorikid said:

If you haven't played in a while, I suggest reading up on the Morgana Effect. Basically, due to time travel shenigans between The Weird West and MEdieval Europe(as part of the upcoming Deadlands: Dark Ages), Morgana was resurrected and the magical backlash sent ripples through time that affected the timeline. One of the big ones being that the Civil War ended in 1871.

The layman PC doesn't know any of this, but I feel like it's important to understand the setting