Day 5 - Kalaman

emotionaut

Day:  5

Time:  7:00 A.M.

The Heroes of Vogler settle in to their new accommodations and their new circumstances. A lot has changed in a very short span of time. Sir Viharin and Mage Nightsong are gone, presumably dead. And the group finds itself in the rare position of being the only known survivors of this mysterious Dragon Army's advance into Solamnia.

For her part, or perhaps just for herself, Kora explores Castle Kalaman and chats up any servants or guards she finds. Most are agreeable enough, especially when they learn of her role in the battle for Vogler. Word has spread and most are eager to hear more. She regales them with tales, when it suits her, but she also probes for more information. Most of what she hears is repetition from what the governor and marshal already shared. But in speaking with one chambermaid, whose father is a navigator on a merchant vessel, she learns that ships have also been disappearing. Her father's captain has put them to dock indefinitely while Kalaman's meager navy investigates. Could the Dragon Army be preying upon the trade lanes as well?

There will be time enough to ask this of Marshal Vendri, who they are scheduled to meet with in the morning.

As the light of dawn glows behind the dusty stained glass of the ballroom, Darrett returns, looking even younger and more enthusiastic by day. He invites the heroes to break their fast with the other guards and soldiers in the castle dining hall while also making note of requests for the armory. He intends to deliver these requests in advance, so as not to waste the heroes' time. He hopes to have most their requisitions ready by the time they finish eating.

The dining hall is large, filled with long tables down its center, and serving tables ringing the perimeter. A small army of cooks and scullions run to and fro, retrieving food from the kitchens, doling out portions to the service men and women, or carrying away dirtied dishes. The guards and soldiers converse amongst themselves, creating a low din at all times. The only pause comes when the heroes first arrive and all eyes turn toward them.

When once the squires and apprentices might have expected expressions of suspicion or outright hatred, they see something else. They see awe, admiration, and perhaps even hope. These are the men and women most acutely aware of the losses suffered by Kalaman's brushes with the Dragon Army. They are the ones sleeping beside the empty cots belonging to those who never returned from their patrols. They are the ones most likely to die next to this unknown foe.

But the Heroes of Vogler have proven all is not lost. They have proven that the Knights of Solamnia have not forsaken the people. They have proven that the Mages of High Sorcery do not hide from danger in their secret towers. And they have proven that even the smallest among them can stand up to the might of this unassailable enemy.

Most are so starstruck that they can barely look toward the heroes' table. A few offer smiles or friendly nods. But they all give the heroes their space and allow them their meal in peace.

When Darrett comes round again, he informs them that Marshal Vendri would speak with them now. She has pressing matters that could use their attention and expertise. The young man hurries the group from the hall and then delivers them to Marshal Vendri's office on the second floor. The woman is still dressed as she was the night before, and the rings under her eyes suggest she hasn't yet taken her rest. She's studying a map table as the heroes enter.

"Good, I'm glad to see you all here," she begins, before adding, "Thank you, Darrett."

Darrett nods and then silently excuses himself from the room. Marshall Vendri then continues, "As much as I would like to offer you the chance to catch your breath, I fear the enemy will not wait. Later this morning, I will be calling the banners of all the local lords and informing our forces that we are on a war footing. But we are still painfully in the dark about who we are fighting and where the lines are drawn. So I would ask for your help in answering these questions.

"At present, there are two critical missions on my table. First and foremost, we would like to ascertain the status of Vogler in the aftermath of yesterday's battle. Does the Dragon Army occupy the town? Is there any town left, following the reported explosion? The more we know about their activity there, the better our chances of predicting their next move.

"There is also the matter of the 'dragon' you all faced. Based on what I've heard, this dragon was a construct,"
she explains. Then, as an aside, she adds, "Don't worry, I'm not about to spread the word that it wasn't a real dragon. It is good for morale to believe we have true dragonslayers on our side."

She then returns to her point. "Now, there is an inventor named Tatina Rookledust who has a workshop to the south of Kalaman. If this was indeed a machine, she may be able to help us determine its origins, as well as the means to more easily disable others in the future.

"I have assembled the best of my forces, but I would not split them between these two tasks. I was hoping I could count on you all to tackle one, while my people handle the other,"
 she concludes.

OOC

Feel free to discuss the two options OOC in discord.

Screenshot_20230201-234440.png.db8ce705b7312ec5a47bc51f8fc3dc97.pngHeather Nonameyet 

AC: 14 | HP: 20/20 Hit dice: 3/3d10

LR Abilities:  Taunt: 2/2 | Fearless 1/1 | 1st Level 3/3 | Primal spell 1/1

Attacks | Saves | Spells Sheet

Heather frowns.

"You think it better to let your folk believe there are real dragons on the loose, that the enemy has command of them? Just so we can claim valour we haven't earned? Both sides of that coin are ugly. Tell the truth - the enemy have no dragons, and anyone can kill their fakes. "

Jaqi-removebg-preview.png.b3541d0c0510d68f8de0fcef4a59de2b.pngJaqelenna Lanthaloren

Silvanesti Elf Dragonrune Fighter (3) | Conditions: None

checked-shield.svgAC: 16 | health-normal.svg HP: 30/30 | awareness.svg PP: 13 | 2nd Wind: 1/1 |Action Surge: 0/1| Insp | Languages: Common, Draconic, Elvish

Jaqelenna eats her meal mostly in silence without looking up from her plate. Perhaps surprising to some who do not know her culture, the warrior dines with a practiced elegance and refinement befitting a feast held amongst the nobility. 

Throughout the meal, there are times when she stops and observes the soldiers at the other tables with that narrowed gaze of hers, seemingly suspicious. She had started to get used to being stared at or watched because of how different she was. Now, it seems everyone is avoiding looking in her direction. But, why? The few that actually did look over may catch her gaze, in which case she does not return the nod or smile. She only watches for a moment, then returns to her eating. “It is odd. They do not look; they do not stare. Is this the way of treating those that have become storied in your lands?” She asks no one in particular. “Do not mistake my curiosity for disappointment. I have become accustomed to those around whispering about me as if I cannot hear them. They speak of how different I am. I know this. But now, it is all nodding and smiling. I am not sure which I prefer, but I think it is this one.” 

After breakfast, they are brought before Marshal Vendri, whom Jaqi regards with a respectful fist to her chest and a nod of her head. She listens intently and with that same, narrow-eyed gaze as the options are set before them. Inevitably, the moment for a decision to be made comes and Jaqi already has her mind made up. “I have seen with my eyes the fate of Vogler. This explosion was of great size; if I believed that Captain Viharin or any structure of worth remained standing, I would take such a mission. But I do not. I would know the construction of this Dragon-head artillery. If the eh…schematic can be discerned, there is a chance that I can aid in its reconstruction. Let us go to see this Rookledust.” Her final statement is said more to her allies than it is to the Marshal.

spacer.pngKora Shadowhawk

AC: 11 (14) |  HP: 22/22 |  PP: 11 | Spell Slots: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Sorcery Pts: 3/3
Inspiration:  | Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Sylvan

Kora sat frowning, arms crossed, as the discussion progressed. When the Marshall mentioned Vogler, her thoughts quickly returned to both the displaced people and to her frayed plans around the village. She again felt the pull to return there quickly, regardless of the carnage that they had witnessed. The Tower of Greenshield was gone (along with Juniper and Nightsong, her traitorous thoughts reminded her) along with any secrets she may have discovered. The dwarf's research had been saved - possibly - but Lohezet hadn't thought to plan for an alternative rendezvous in case of an invading army. She was cut off from her would-be ally, likely for some time. Whatever she had hoped to uncover in Vogler was out of her reach at the moment. Best to focus on the schemes at hand.

"A reconnaissance of the village will be valuable at some point, not only to gauge the enemy's disposition but also to inform Mayor Taven of any hope of Vogler's people for returning to their homes. But it has only been a day since the Army struck. Given the size of their force, I doubt they have moved on as yet. Nor do I suspect they have had time to settle more than a meager amount. More likely, as we are, they are recovering from their assault - as well as the bloodied teeth we dealt them."

She flashed the briefest of smiles. "My father used to tell me that the point of legends and stories wasn't to confirm or deny the existence of monsters like dragons - but rather to show that they could be beaten. If it cheers people's hearts to believe that we faced a dragon and brought it low, let them have that illusion. If the truth offers better hope, then let it be known. But for now, I agree with Squire Lanthaloren - learning more about one of the Army's primary weapons could be crucial. We would be able to blend both the story and the truth, showing that the 'dragons' of the enemy can indeed be vanquished."

"Since we are a small group, we can be ready to depart for this Rookledust's workshop within short order. If she is not far, perhaps we can be there and back in time to offer support to the reconnaissance force you send."

Bastion

Bastion Wrencrest TokenBastion Wrencrest, Squire of Solamnia Banner

My words | My thoughts | My Actions
AC 14 HP 11/22 Speed 40 ft., PP 13
Sneak Attack 2d6 Precise Strike 2/2

Attacks and Scores

Scores Skills
Strength 8 (-1)
Save -1
  • Athletics +1

Dexterity 16 (+3)
Save +5

• Acrobatics +5
  • Sleight of Hand +7
  • Stealth +7
Constitution 13 (+1)
Save +1

Intelligence  15 (+2)
Save +4
  • Arcana +2
  • History +2
  • Investigation +4
  • Nature +6
  • Religion +2
Wisdom 12 (+1)
Save +1
  • Animal Handling +1
  • Insight +1
  • Medicine +1
  • Perception +3
  • Survival +5
Charisma 10 (+0)
Save +0
  • Deception +0
  • Intimidation +0
  • Performance +0
  • Persuasion +0

Dagger Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4+3 piercing damage, Simple, Finesse, Light, Thrown, 2 total

Shortbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6+3 piercing damage, Simple, Two-Handed, Ammunition

Unarmed Strike. Melee: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 0 bludgeoning damage.

Class and Race Abilities

Mobile
Your speed increases by 10 feet. When you use the Dash action, difficult terrain doesn't cost you extra movement on that turn. When you make a melee attack against a creature, you don't provoke opportunity attacks from that creature for the rest of the turn, whether you hit or not.

Squire of Solamnia
Your training in the ways of the Knights of Solamnia grants you these benefits:

• Mount Up. Mounting or dismounting costs you only 5 ft. of movement.

• Precise Strike. Once per turn, when you make a weapon attack roll against a creature, you can cause the attack roll to have advantage. If the attack hits, you roll a d8 and add the number rolled as a bonus to the attack’s damage roll. You can use this benefit 2 times per long rest, but a use is expended only if the attack hits.

Expertise
Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make for two chosen proficiencies. Choose two additional proficiencies.

• Stealth
  • Sleight of Hand

Sneak Attack
1 per turn
Once per turn, you can deal an extra 2d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack with a finesse or ranged weapon if you have advantage on the attack roll. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 ft. of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.

Cunning Action
You can take a bonus action on each of your turns to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

Skirmisher
You can move up to half your speed as a reaction when an enemy ends its turn within 5 ft. of you without provoking opportunity attacks.

Survivalist
You gain proficiency in the Nature and Survival skills and your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of them.

Bastion, rested as well as he can, considers the two. He has little interest in going straight to the inventor, and Volger offers them a chance for closure, if nothing else. But Heather's concern about truth does weigh on him: so he speaks. "There is use in a lie of omission rather than one of malice; we're not like Bakaris. No one has claimed it was a real dragon: but letting people think they control dragons is one step towards convincing people the threat is very, very real, and they should take it seriously. The truth could hamper efforts to raise a war effort against what we know is a very real threat, and I for one would marshal every arm and mage of High Sorcery I can against a threat such as this. But I see the value in the truth, too. You are commendable for your reliance on it and pursuit of it." He wonders if that makes him less commendable for being willing to discard it... but if you want peace, prepare for war.

"Volger offers us a chance to access our chances and our own value. I vote we go there, and if we can, perhaps even secure this 'dragon' if this Dragon Army left it behind."

Out of Character

Situational:
Move: 
Action: 
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Ongoing Effects/Conditions:

Jonas Clarkspacer.png

3rd Level Wizard | AC 11/14 | health-normal.svg HP: 17/17 | awareness.svg PP: 17 | Spell Slots: 1st: 4/0, 2nd: 2/0 | InspX | Languages: Common, Draconic | Conditions: Limping (-5 Move)

Jonas listens quietly as the marshal spoke of the situation as it stood. No rest for the wicked, I guess. He half-smiled to himself.

He frowns at the conflict over the dragon construct deception. Best let the politicians handle the truth or lies of the matter. He pauses. Or Kora? He shakes his head. That was truly beneath you, Jonas. She's here because you asked her.

He brings himself back to the briefing. Two choices. Return to Vogler, or have a chat with an inventor, a gnome if the name was any indication. He listens as first Jaqelenna and then Kora make their case to seek out the gnome. Then the one called Bastion advocated for a return to Vogler. Jonas knew that Andir would follow his lead. So I hold the deciding vote. He recalls the burning village he saw from the boats as he fled across the lake. It might be premature to return there just yet. And it would be best if our efforts were in as much accord as possible. He stands and cleared his throat.

"I would be surprised if the fires in Vogler were not still burning. A return there now would be too soon. I believe the visit to this 'inventor' the best use of our time for now."

He sits down quickly, eager to yield the floor to anyone else.

Time:  7:05 A.M.

Once the decision is made, Marshal Vendri wastes no time putting things into motion. She thanks the heroes and briefs them on the location of Rookledust's workshop. It will be easiest to reach by boating down Esker Brook, which, despite the name, is a navigable river that runs down from the mountains to the south to join the Vingaard west of Kalaman. Runners are dispatched to ready the boats while the group discusses matters further.

Vendri reiterates what Darrett had said regarding provisions and equipment. The group's needs will be met, when possible. They should stop by the armory once done herre to upgrade or replace their gear and weapons. She regrets that she cannot provide the group with magical arms or paraphernalia, but she tells them of a shop in Kalaman named Wyhan's Apothecary where such things may be purchased.

Rookledust's workshop is about twelve miles to the south. They'll be rowing against the current, but even so it should be possible to reach their goal by midafternoon. That is provided they don't waste too much time on morning errands.

OOC

Kora and Jonas can both roll History to see what, if anything, they have heard about Wyhan. If you haven't already, please finalize your armory wishlists. And let me know IC or OOC if you wish to do anything in town before leaving or just head out ASAP.

Jonas Clarkspacer.png

3rd Level Wizard | AC 11/14 | health-normal.svg HP: 17/17 | awareness.svg PP: 17 | Spell Slots: 1st: 4/0, 2nd: 2/0 | InspX | Languages: Common, Draconic | Conditions: Limping (-5 Move)

Jonas throws his satchel over one shoulder and wraps himself in his cloak.

"I am ready to leave now. Shopping can wait."

Wyhan? Wyhan... Jonas turned the name over and over in his head, but could not recall anything about it. Must not have been important enough for Mistress Nightsong to mention.

Jonas couldn't remember anything about Wyhan. Kora?

Edited by taurelin (see edit history)
Name
History (Wyhan)
1d20+5 2

Jaqi-removebg-preview.png.b3541d0c0510d68f8de0fcef4a59de2b.pngJaqelenna Lanthaloren

checked-shield.svgAC: 16 | health-normal.svg HP: 30/30 | awareness.svg PP: 13 | 2nd Wind: 1/1 |Action Surge: 1/1| Insp | Languages: Common, Draconic, Elvish

Jaqelenna gives the marshal another gesture of respect before departing the chamber with the others. After a moment of silent walking, Jonas makes his readiness known and the tall Elf nods in his direction. “It is good. I have made a request for supplies equipment, I must gather them before I am ready. In the end, I shall meet you at the rowing vessel.” She then turns her attention to the rest of the group before continuing, “All of you must be prepared for what is to come. This war has been looming on the distant horizon, and as it is drawing closer we will begin to see its true scale. We are in this now, whether it is liked or it is not matters little. Our destinies lie with the destruction of the Dragon Armies…or the destruction of our way of life. This is what is at stake.” She levels her gaze back on Jonas one last time, “Make sure you are truly ready. We do not know what awaits us, and it may be some time before we are able to return.” 

At that point, Jaqi split from the rest to gather her requested equipment. Amongst the items set near her bunk is a set of unpolished plate armor; perhaps a relic of some dead knight, left uncared for but not forgotten. She placed her hand against the cold metal, and in the dark of that once-abandoned ballroom the dragon claw tattoos beneath her eyes seemed to ripple with some latent, untapped energy. 

Born from a family of metal-shapers, perhaps the last of her kind, Jaqelenna Lanthaloren understands precious metals on a deeper level than most. With her hand against the breastplate she can feel the temperature of the steel alloy, warped and molded to fit its previous owner; she can feel the energy of the world as it breathes through the iron and carbon that forms its hardened shell; she can smell the old sweat and blood of battles long past that had become a part of its whole. 

It has untapped potential, this she knows. But she also knows exactly how to tap that potential. She does not have the forge of her home; such a wondrous workshop could perhaps never be mirrored again. She cannot bring back what she has lost…But she can start again. She can protect this land from its invaders and she can build a home here. She can start a new family; she can build a new forge. She will start with this old relic. She will tap its potential and mark it with the signature of the Lanthaloren Dragonrune Smiths, a name once mocked would display proudly in the frontlines of an army that would save this world from draconic tyranny. 

With those thoughts fresh in her mind, a stern expression of determination flashes across her face. She grabs the armor, along with a longbow that she slings over her shoulder, and heads towards the exit to meet up with her new allies.

OoC

Equipment requested:

Plate Armor

Longbow w/ (40) Arrows

Grappling Hook

Edited by Spektor (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Time:  3:00 P.M.

After collecting their equipment at the armory, the Heroes of Vogler are led by Darrett to the city harbor. It rivals that of Palanthas, despite the capital of Solamnia being an order of magnitude larger than Kalaman. This city's harbor is made even more impressive by the towering beacons at either end. These massive lighthouses terminate the massive sheltering walls that stretch out into the bay like protective arms, shielding the docks from threats of Man and nature alike. The lights of the beacons blaze even under the full light of the morning sun.

Darrett escorts the group to a riverboat moored at the western end of the docks. It is large enough to comfortably seat all of the heroes, while still having room for the oarsmen who will carry them on their way. The party is introduced to the ship's captain, a young woman named Lyonne. She has the beginnings of a certain swagger, but still tempered by her young age. She laughs at Darrett's fawning introduction of the heroes, but pays the group a proper tilt of her head in respect. She then sends Darrett on his way with a playful slap on the back and a promise to keep the heroes safe on their journey.

The trip back up the Vingaard and then south along Esker Brook takes the remainder of the morning and the first few hours of the afternoon. The winds and currents are against them, but not overly so on this calm day. The boat makes good progress, as the small river takes them past open fields, rolling hills, and scattered small woods. Much farther to the south, ominous clouds hang over the peaks of the Dargaard Mountains. Lyonne informs those who may be unaware that they are looking into the province of Nightlund, said to be a land of eternal twilight. But she assures them the stories are exaggerated, and that while the area is gloomy with frequent drizzle, it is hardly the cursed land some take it to be. Even so, she seems grateful that their trip will not extend so far.

By mid afternoon, Lyonne announces that they have come as far as the river will take them. From here, the heroes will need to hike over land for about an hour to reach Rookledust's workshop. A thin dirt path, likely originally a game trail, leads from the riverbank to their destination. Lyonne wishes them good hunting and sets her men to mooring the boat. They have been ordered to wait until the heroes return, whether that's in a few hours' time or the next day.

The trek from the river to the workshop is an easy one, winding between low hills. As the captain said, it takes only an hour. Then, cresting a final rise, Rookledust's workshop comes into view. The unusual structure sits atop one of the hills, and it resembles both a cottage and a fortress, albeit one made as much of metal as stone. The building bristles with steaming pipes and whirring devices, and it is currently under siege.

Milling about the clanging metal contraptions, a group of goblins attempt to breach the structure. They are impeded by gadgets that spin, snap, and thrash in the yard. Whether defense is their intended function or just a consequence of their operation is unclear. Every few moments, a gnome appears from an open clockface above the front door and hucks some clockwork calamity at the attackers, while yelling insults that would make a kender blush. This is Tatina Rookledust.

She faces off against a force of ten goblins, led by a single hobgoblin. They all wear the same colors as the Dragon Army forces that invaded Vogler.

OOC

I need to find a map, since the adventure didn't provide one for this.

The top tier requires a DC10 Athletics check to climb up, unless you come up the path from the south:

rookledust.jpg.79e0f7a55931e16ffe24c8cab79b4ce0.jpg

Edited by emotionaut (see edit history)

AC: 11 (14) |  HP: 22/22 |  PP: 11 | Spell Slots: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Sorcery Pts: 3/3

Eyes hard and dark, Kora took in the chaotic battle raging about their destination with a thin-lipped frown. "This is damned inconvenient."

She noted to terrain and the locations of the attacking goblinoids. Glancing to Heather and Bastion beside her, she asked softly, "Do you two think you could get around to the south without being spotted? The rest of us could make our way up toward the hilltop and draw the attention of these miscreants. That might allow you a chance to strike at the leader - and if they fall, perhaps the minions will lose their thirst for combat."

Screenshot_20230201-234440.png.db8ce705b7312ec5a47bc51f8fc3dc97.pngHeather Nonameyet 

AC: 15 | HP: 20/20 Hit dice: 3/3d10

LR Abilities:  Taunt: 2/2 | Fearless 1/1 | 1st Level 3/3 | Primal spell 1/1

Attacks | Saves | Spells Sheet

Heather nods, and raises the hood of the cloak she was given back in Greenshield's tower, slipping away through the undergrowth.

OOC

Dash to S4

Bonus action Hide

Edited by Knave (see edit history)
Name
Stealth
1d20+5 19
Hide
1d20+5 16

checked-shield.svgAC: 16 | health-normal.svg HP: 30/30 | awareness.svg PP: 13 | 2nd Wind: 1/1 |Action Surge: 1/1| Insp | Languages: Common, Draconic, Elvish

Though the probable loss of her Captain still weighed heavily on her soul, Jaqelenna enjoyed the ride back up the river far more than the one that had brought them to Kalaman — at least, what she could remember of it. She recalled the sluggishness caused by exhaustion, and the come down from the adrenaline that she had been working off of for the better part of a day. Even now her muscles ached with soreness. Her large blade had been crafted appropriately for her size, but after a full day of carrying and swinging its weight, it still took its toll.

The short walk to the workshop was also a welcomed change of pace. They had slept for a night, but a day like the one they had experienced yesterday required much more time to recover. But the Dragon Armies would not wait for them to heal and feel rested. They had to get as much of a head start as possible.

It is not enough of a head start, it seems. The distant din of shouting goblins and snapping contraptions makes Jaqi squat low before approaching the vantage point that showed them the source. She quirked an eyebrow at Kora as she immediately offered a plan, “Ah, Kora has been promoted to Captain it seems. It does not strengthen morale to know that just one moon’s passing ago, you were ready to leave this all behind for your own goals.” The squatting elf locks eyes with Kora for a long moment before a faint half-smile stretches across her face that makes her comment come off slightly more lighthearted. But she never claims to be jesting. “It is a good plan. I will step forth and take lead for the distraction squad. The rest in my squad are to be staying close behind me — goblins like to stab in the back.” She looks to Bastion and Heather, “If you are confident to do this, we will wait three minutes for you to get into position before the distraction begins. It is as Kora says: Go for the leader; I will try to joining you, but I shall be busy holding off the smaller goblins.”

OoC

Nothing yet

Jonas Clarkspacer.png

3rd Level Wizard | AC 11/14 | health-normal.svg HP: 17/17 | awareness.svg PP: 17 | Spell Slots: 1st: 3/4, 2nd: 2/4 | InspX | Languages: Common, Draconic | Conditions: 

Jonas nods at Kora's plan. It seems a good one, except for the part where two of the party's three fighters will not be between him and the goblins. Still, Jaqelenna makes a formidable wall from which to sling magic behind. And she seems to be on board with the plan as well, after some posturing. He looks between the two. If things come to force a choice between these two, who should I pick?

He chuckles. Who am I kidding? I'll probably be dead before then.

He murmurs a few quiet syllables and readies his wand, then gives a nod to say "I'm ready" to Kora and Jaq.

Jonas casts Mage Armor on himself.

He also discovers his portents for the day.

Name
Portent #1
1d20 16
Portent #2
1d20 12

Kora stiffened under Jaqi's gaze and remained rigid during the elf's seeming jest. After the moment passed, however, she gave a soft sniff of amusement. She couldn't precisely say that her warrior companion was in any way inaccurate in her observation, after all. She offered a half smirk of her own as she mimed Jonas' gesture to conjure her eldritch defenses.

"Fair point. Let's just say that I'm very goal-oriented. Right now, Rookledust is our goal. If a few of these Dragon Army vermin who laid waste to homes of Vogler need to be thrashed in order for us to reach that goal, I'm more than eager to do so."

Tabletop

Kora also casts mage armor on herself.