OOC Discussions

Sellsword

Please hold! I just read through @Arbuthnott's logic, and I'm good to proceed based on that. I don't want to beat this puzzle to death, and his initial guess (before Kord's interjection) is actually correct so I'm going to move forward based on that. Sorry if it was slow for the characters not directly involved--but games cater to all sorts, so I didn't want to rush things too much.

Amarandé's deduction, in my opinion, is way more satisfying than a simple "DC 20 check to solve!" resolution. I'll get the next post up this afternoon!

As for @Lord Foul's recommendation for experience bonus, there will be an award for solving the puzzle, but it will be split between the group as usual.

Woohoo. Before the puzzle is completed, can Amarandé take a minute to use the Scrying pot to check up on the horses, as well as do a general sweep for any Zhentarim presence in the nearby area?

i don't have a problem with rewarding a player for posting more / acting more / participating more - or in this case, figuring out the puzzle more

he's playing his character well

Before posting my next round, can you give a quick description of the room we find ourselves in?

Other than the route we came in from, was there a passage leading on, or was this a dead end? The wall that spilled forth our current foes: was it just one stretch of wall or several? And were they waiting in a small storage space or did it open to reveal further passageways? Mostly trying to gauge if this place goes deeper, now that we've found either the sword we're looking for or a passable forgery.

Edited by Arbuthnott (see edit history)

@Arbuthnott very good questions! I've let you all suffer enough through the riddles & misleading parts of the module, I won't draw it out here. This is indeed the Sword, and the end of the tomb complex.

image.png.34cc813f70dc55d4956075e97bb26d33.png

The chamber you are in is large, but terminates in a wall with no other exits. Both walls had secret compartments (I'll talk about plot holes later, if anyone cares to) hiding the undead, but they're basically just small alcoves.