OOC Discussions

Sellsword

There are no obvious traps evident, though on the back of the warrior statue Kordannaghlan discovers the faint outline of a small door etched into the base. It is obvious the door was meant to be seen. Running a hand along the outline of the door, the gnome discovers the latch, a small bump near the bottom right corner.

Kordannaghlan Penniesaver (gnome f2/th3) AC 09 Hp 16 short bow thac0 19

sorry, was a little slow on this - but all i got was that a wizard & warrior were under a spell and signed a pact/made a deal - but seems that was wrong anyway

Show this

I assume we've tethered the horses at our campsite, along with the non-essential equipment (food, tents, etc). It wasn't specifically stated, but that's my intent; they'll have been provided with enough food to last at least two days, just in case.

What happened to the tomb's door after we entered? Did it automatically swing closed, or did it just become an ordinary door once we were let through? Is there an obvious way to open it from this side?

It may have been in an OOC on one of the posts, but the horses are indeed tethered safely to the trees in the grove outside the tomb. The main entrance to the tomb remains open behind you after you enter.

4 hours ago, Arbuthnott said:

I assume we've tethered the horses at our campsite, along with the non-essential equipment (food, tents, etc). It wasn't specifically stated, but that's my intent; they'll have been provided with enough food to last at least two days, just in case.

What happened to the tomb's door after we entered? Did it automatically swing closed, or did it just become an ordinary door once we were let through? Is there an obvious way to open it from this side?

we made camp here, that is where my PC left his horses.

image.png.cb85def3ba03e58b72bcaa1ae93b5f94.png

On 2/29/2024 at 12:21 AM, Sellsword said:

This is a great question, no worries at all.

Since we don't really have game "sessions", I'm going to award experience points (and allow for level advancement) at each major "chunk" of the module, probably most equivalent to a chapter. To put that in perspective, The Sword of the Dales and its sequel are both comprised of two "chunks" each and you guys are pretty close to reaching the end of the first.

I'm not requiring training per the optional rules (leveling up on its own is hard enough), and the end of each chunk/chapter is actually a common-sense place to do that advancement.

Does entering the tomb count as reaching the second chapter?

@Sellsword I just noticed I had the wrong percentage for Remove Traps on Jack's sheet (the table with the actual math was on his character thread). His find/remove traps is actually 85%. Does that give him a chance to disable the gas trap?

Yes--5,000 XP or 5,500 XP if you have a bonus from your prime requisite.

There should only be one experience award so far, the one I just posted--it includes all of the actual encounters (young ankhegs, bandits, and the cultists which I counted as an encounter) as well as the story award for everything achieved thus far.

So everyone should have 6,804 XP base (split up if multi-class, adjusted for prime requisite bonus if applicable).

1 hour ago, Sellsword said:

Yes--5,000 XP or 5,500 XP if you have a bonus from your prime requisite.

There should only be one experience award so far, the one I just posted--it includes all of the actual encounters (young ankhegs, bandits, and the cultists which I counted as an encounter) as well as the story award for everything achieved thus far.

So everyone should have 6,804 XP base (split up if multi-class, adjusted for prime requisite bonus if applicable).

Yes, I started as 2nd lvl fighter (2000) and 2 lvl mage (2500), so in my case I had 500xp carried over from the initial 5k. Total now 1.804+500= 2.304

Edited by stonedzep (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, stonedzep said:

Yes, I started as 2nd lvl fighter (2000) and 2 lvl mage (2500), so in my case I had 500xp carried over from the initial 5k. Total now 1.804+500= 2.304

You know that's not the way it works? You started with 5000xp, which is 2500xp on Fighter and 2500xp on Mage.

You now have 3402xp on Fighter and 3402xp on Mage.

You will go up to 3rd Fighter when you get another 1196xp.

3 minutes ago, Lord Foul said:

You know that's not the way it works? You started with 5000xp, which is 2500xp on Fighter and 2500xp on Mage.

You now have 3402xp on Fighter and 3402xp on Mage.

You will go up to 3rd Fighter when you get another 1196xp.

so the remaining 500 I did not use are not carried over? You might be right...It's been many years I did not get to gain a single XP, I can't recall what happens to unused XP points, thanks.

34 minutes ago, stonedzep said:

so the remaining 500 I did not use are not carried over? You might be right...It's been many years I did not get to gain a single XP, I can't recall what happens to unused XP points, thanks.

It's not that some of your xp are not used; they're all used. They just get split equally between your two classes.