OOC Discussions

Sellsword

Are there pictographs on the door that tell a story? Maybe the answer is there? Or is their history written in the stone around us? Or on the statues?

The sheath called for its sword,

Wizardly energy withdrew to where it was stored.

Together they gazed at the mighty door,

And their fury for one another

burned no more.

Now honor-bound and steadfast,

An oath sworn to last.

The bond of friendship reborn.

Providing we're not in their situation (we don't hate nor fight each other), should we undertake some kind of oath too, maybe?

14 hours ago, rauhric said:

Are there pictographs on the door that tell a story? Maybe the answer is there? Or is their history written in the stone around us? Or on the statues?

If I'm right there are runes on the door, maybe we should try Read Magic (I'm flying blind here)

@stonedzep ok, so what is together we all gaze at the mighty door and swear an oath to cleans the tomb of the evil that dwells there? A common goal we present to the voice just like the warrior and wizard of old.

32 minutes ago, rauhric said:

we all gaze at the mighty door and swear an oath

errrrr... not that keen on the "all" bit

You want to swear an oath, you go right ahead.

23 hours ago, rauhric said:

@stonedzep ok, so what is together we all gaze at the mighty door and swear an oath to cleans the tomb of the evil that dwells there? A common goal we present to the voice just like the warrior and wizard of old.

Honestly I don't know, but I'm assuming that whatever would be our "solution", the elder voice would want to listen to something. That's why I'm thinking about the oath.

9 hours ago, rauhric said:

For me I feel like they had a common goal and that is why they stopped fighting each other. Kind of like the "enemy of my enemy is my friend."

I agree with Theo. This is basically what he said a few days ago. Since then we seem to have been going round and round in circles.

Has anyone noticed yet that Mandons got bored waiting a couple of days ago and spoke to the ghost/wizard/doorkeeper?

15 hours ago, rauhric said:

For me I feel like they had a common goal and that is why they stopped fighting each other. Kind of like the "enemy of my enemy is my friend."

I have run this module before I have been authorized to give a hint.

what do we do as a group to overcome a goal?

I have what I need!

I will get the next post up this afternoon. Sorry if it feels like it dragged out to some of you--this is definitely something that's easier around a table. But it's really awesome that you guys actually bounced ideas off one another, that's really rare (in my experience) in a pbp.

Will try to get as many posts in as I can this week, as I will be off next week and I'm not likely to post much (if at all) from Death Valley.

Thanks all for your patience, post is up! The first part of the campaign moved pretty fast--you took adequate precaution and dealt with what threats did show up very efficiently! If the main entrance to Shraevyn's Tomb wasn't hint enough, things will likely move a little slower now that we're in the tomb to give everyone adequate time to weigh in with actions & questions.

2 hours ago, Sellsword said:

Thanks all for your patience, post is up! The first part of the campaign moved pretty fast--you took adequate precaution and dealt with what threats did show up very efficiently! If the main entrance to Shraevyn's Tomb wasn't hint enough, things will likely move a little slower now that we're in the tomb to give everyone adequate time to weigh in with actions & questions.

thank you!