OOC Discussions

Sellsword

@Lord Foul has it right here.

At start of game, single-classed characters would have either 5,000 XP or 5,500 XP if they have a prime requisite bonus. Multi-class characters would have 2,500/2,500 XP base, 2,750 for either (or both) class if that class has a prime requisite bonus.

Experience points are never spent, only accumulated--so now single-classed characters would have 6,804 XP (or 7,484 XP with a prime requisite bonus). Multi-classed characters would have 3,402 XP per class (or 3,742 XP if the class has a prime requisite bonus).

Hope that makes sense!

10 hours ago, Lord Foul said:

It's not that some of your xp are not used; they're all used. They just get split equally between your two classes.

Hence, since for 2nd lvl Fighter I only needed 2000 and not 2500, those remaining 500 ( 5k minus 2500 2nd lvl mage, minus 2000 2nd lvl fighter =500), where that goes?

It doesn't go anywhere--apologies if this is confusing.

At the start of the game, you had 2,500 XP as a fighter and 2,500 XP as a mage, so you started at level 2 in each class. The experience doesn't "go anywhere", you just have 2,500 XP. When you hit 4,000 XP total, you'll be level 3 as a fighter.

After the experience award, you have 3,402 XP as a fighter and 3,402 XP as a mage.

I think the confusion is between ranks and spending. The xp isn't a single pool that is spent to level up a class; instead, both classes gain an equal portion of the experience, and when you reach a certain milestone you gain a level

1 hour ago, Sellsword said:

It doesn't go anywhere--apologies if this is confusing.

At the start of the game, you had 2,500 XP as a fighter and 2,500 XP as a mage, so you started at level 2 in each class. The experience doesn't "go anywhere", you just have 2,500 XP. When you hit 4,000 XP total, you'll be level 3 as a fighter.

After the experience award, you have 3,402 XP as a fighter and 3,402 XP as a mage.

Ok thanks, I din't see your first post on the matter when I wrote mine. Thanks for clarifying, it's been a really long time since the last AD&D game I had.

So in my case I have now 6804 Xp total achieved, (5k starting plus 1.804 in this quest), splitted in two it's 3.402 in each class. Again thanx @Lord Foul and @Sellsword @Arbuthnott

Edited by stonedzep (see edit history)

I roll initiative--it's group initiative, so I roll a d10 for the enemy group and a d10 for you guys, lowest number goes first. Actions are declared prior to the initiative roll.

I'll get the next post up today some time, then I'm in vacation mode so posting will be irregular for the rest of the week.

ok, I noticed I'm the only one trying to close the door. I'd like to get "ready" for fight at this point. Would I be able to cast something before fight begins? or I am doomed by the door at this point? 😅

Edited by stonedzep (see edit history)

Post from the first round of combat is up, along with clarifications of how initiative works as a reminder. @stonedzep your had posted that you were attempting to close the door (which would have worked, had your side won initiative!), so casting before combat was not possible.

@Arbuthnott it's arguable whether or not sacred guardian would have done anything to give more notice, but as you never posted an intention of walking through the trapped doorway, I didn't have anything related to the trap warn you and it was found in due measure at any rate. If there was a premonition to be had once the spider skeletons attacked, it would have been the same round that they got the jump on the warriors in the group, so not really direct danger to you.

34 minutes ago, Sellsword said:

Post from the first round of combat is up, along with clarifications of how initiative works as a reminder. @stonedzep your had posted that you were attempting to close the door (which would have worked, had your side won initiative!), so casting before combat was not possible.

@Arbuthnott it's arguable whether or not sacred guardian would have done anything to give more notice, but as you never posted an intention of walking through the trapped doorway, I didn't have anything related to the trap warn you and it was found in due measure at any rate. If there was a premonition to be had once the spider skeletons attacked, it would have been the same round that they got the jump on the warriors in the group, so not really direct danger to you.

Roger that🫡

I'm back! Catching up at work, will try to get the next post out this afternoon. Thanks for being patient with me while I was on vacation!

If you love the outdoors and ever get a chance to check out Death Valley, you definitely should. Stunning views and fantastic hikes.

Welcome back! Glad you had a lovely time away. It does look impressive, but quite a long way from here, so I'll settle for the less deadly valleys of Wales.

2 hours ago, Sellsword said:

I'm back! Catching up at work, will try to get the next post out this afternoon. Thanks for being patient with me while I was on vacation!

If you love the outdoors and ever get a chance to check out Death Valley, you definitely should. Stunning views and fantastic hikes.

is that where the stones move across the desert? is that close to Yucca Vally I was stationed at MCAGCC 29 Palms in the 90's Desert life has its allure for sure

15 hours ago, Sellsword said:

Wonderful! I've been there few years ago and really enjoyed the adventure!