Edits to existing posts are not applied when "save" button is clicked

Two people today have been trying to edit existing posts, and then had their work not save.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/15712-q-a/&do=findComment&comment=217813

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/15787-daermiir-miir-benhiln-dwarf-ranger/&do=findComment&comment=217707

Without knowing any better, I'd think we're doing something wrong, either how I've got pages set up, or how we're trying to do the edits.

Does anyone with more site knowledge see something we're doing wrong?

@ResidualRose @Primeval Stasis Are either of you able to provide additional info for @Eric with regard to what you were editing when you observed this issue? I remember that @ResidualRose said it was a pretty re-creatable bug when attempting to edit this post.

Thanks for making the new topic since this will probably entail some back-and-forth to figure out the cause. I'm definitely interested in what browsers were used and, as nearly as possible, the steps to reproduce the problem. I hate losing anything.

@Aspekt I believe the issue is he is editing inside a quote box and its reverting to the original text.

@ResidualRose you need to remove that quote box. The easiest way to copy a previous post is with the "Clone" function. If you quote a post you need to remove the quote box.

If you edit the post and bring your mouse over the top left corner of the quote box and Ctrl-right click, it should give you the option to remove quote and keep contents.

Not sure what happened on @Primeval Stasis, the post has edit history, so it has been saved a couple times successfully. I can't duplicate the error (I cloned the post) and reposted them in a private thread and edited in several different browsers (chrome, firefox, edge) without issue.

Did this happen on an edit on mobile Primeval? Could you please explain in a bit more detail how the error occurred? Thx.

46 minutes ago, bwatford said:

@Aspekt I believe the issue is he is editing inside a quote box and its reverting to the original text.

@ResidualRose you need to remove that quote box. The easiest way to copy a previous post is with the "Clone" function. If you quote a post you need to remove the quote box.

If you edit the post and bring your mouse over the top left corner of the quote box and Ctrl-right click, it should give you the option to remove quote and keep contents.

Not sure what happened on @Primeval Stasis, the post has edit history, so it has been saved a couple times successfully. I can't duplicate the error (I cloned the post) and reposted them in a private thread and edited in several different browsers (chrome, firefox, edge) without issue.

Did this happen on an edit on mobile Primeval? Could you please explain in a bit more detail how the error occurred? Thx.

Yeah I enabled edit history so I could see if I could find the right version, but it wasn't there. I'm not really sure what happened or if it is worth trying to track down.

I edited on Windows using Edge. I hit save on the edit, but it was taking a while to save so I switched to another tab to do a little work. When I switched back the post was out of edit mode and had the old content 🤷🏼‍♂️

10 minutes ago, RedRajah said:

Adding that now it appears entire new posts never get posted, not just edited ones. Made the following post a few minutes ago and nothing's in it...

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/15875-el-condor/

It looks like that post was edited via source mode and the spoiler block was modified. I removed the broken spoiler wrapper.

I did just realize it's odd... It looks like the post's tags did get updated to Ready For Review even though the rest of the edits didn't save.

I think I might have just realized what happened. While editing the second post in the thread, I went to change the tags by opening the thread editor, and in saving the tags might have lost the edits on the post. So probably user error.