I would like to start up a 1E AD&D one shot...

Good morning everyone,

I just found this site and have a few noob questions. I would like to start up I 1E AD&D one shot game. Is it as easy as just going to create new content and setting up a game with specs and parameters? I would DM. I would also like to play as a PC on any ongoing games...I did notice a 2E D&D game in session...the site still looks pretty active...humbly yours, Milo Fezziwig, Halfling thief... :)

Hey Milo, yeah the site is super active, there are games starting up all the time. There's a pretty healthy OSR community here, too. There aren't as many old edition games as there are for 5e, but you'll tend to see one pop up around once a month or so. I'll have one opening up in the next week or two. Probably Basic Fantasy (similar to B/X) or Swords and Wizardry (similar to OD&D or AD&D.)

The way it works is roughly this:

An Ad opens and perspective applicants put together a character concept using the parameters put forth by the GM. After a deadline, the GM picks the applicants they think will make the best combination for their game. The game invites get sent out. The game begins.

If you're looking for a specific type of game, you might need to wait a few days/weeks/etc before it shows up. When it does, put your best effort forward on explaining your concept and keeping within the rails of the GM's requests. Formatting can be important, but it's also quite okay to steal the formatting from another person and re-using it.