Discussion

Lusinga la Veritas is not friends with anyone, though he is generally friendly to everyone. He tends to maintain a professional distance towards others, though no doubt the longer-span association this campaign's very existence mandates will change that. He's been a member of the guild for ages — several decades, at least. As previously discussed, he's probably gone on missions with the GETE before — both are well-suited to clandestine operations, particularly with la Veritas being able to disguise the members of Bitter Titan to better match whatever plane or circumstance they currently occupy, and neither la Veritas (or, rather, the amoral Spark) or GETE having any objection to taking on less.. morally upstanding requests.

Beyond that, he has likely interacted with everyone except Biara (who's new, and thus has not encountered him). Likely he has also been on missions with them, as he prefers to party up for requests, and offers a very useful set of skills.

The GETE is similar to Lusinga but worse. It is definitely not friends with anyone and holds itself at a downright frosty remove from the others but there is every likelihood that GETE has shown up to take a contract or two with anyone who has been with the Realmwardens for more than a year. Anyone newer than that has probably still heard a fair amount of gossip or rumors relating to Bitter Titan, none of it particularly good. Despite all of that, they have a reputation for being pragmatic, reliable, and throwing themselves between other Realmwardens and danger without hesitation.

Also, minor note, gender is a sticky matter with the GETE as the entity itself does not really have one, much less a concept of how one would apply. I use it/its when referring to the GETE itself and they/them when including the ancillaries or referring to the ancillaries specifically. Their gear is intended to be fairly anonymizing and certainly serves to hide any indicators of sex. Your characters are certainly free to make assumptions, just know they are likely to be wrong.

1 hour ago, Ratpigeon said:

Quick question - how does GETE interact with buffs? Do I need to cast 4 Clear-sighted melds on him? Or do they share the buff?

Gotta buff each cohort separately (this is why I warned people not to worry too much about buffing them)

17 hours ago, Rudra said:
I dont know if and how Biara can take part to the dance, when possessing Olympia she can use her actions to attack/cast spells/use abilities with olympia body(or cast spells herself) but she cant spend a move action to move herself, nor spend a move action to move a "guided" olympia (there are two kinds of possession, the brief one that last a few seconds at most, to let her do stuff in combat while letting the wielder also do their things and a true possession that give her total control of the wielder but remove the wielder ability to take action, basically turning it into a drone, Biara never use the latter, not even on foes, when i write about possession i mean the brief one)

i think she probably cant join the dance, it's an object after all, she physically cant, i'd play as if she couldnt join even if she could just for rp flavor, this would sadden her greatly and i think she would struggle to find a way to be part of it, sort of like "i'm failing my wielder"

Biara probably can't join the dance in weapon form, no, since she can't take the specific actions that would let her without straight-up hijacking her wielder. Although I'm not sure how much Biara would benefit from most of Olympia's dances in any event. (If Biara gets disappointed with not being able to, Olympia's probably going to encourage her to dance with her in their off-time, sometime when she's got leisure to take a form with legs.)

Olympia's been with the Realmwardens for a little while but probably not quite a full year, so she probably knows most of the others by sight even if she hasn't had a chance to actually work on a job with them. She'll probably have tried to make friends anybody who'll actually let her, or at least learn their names and make small talk. Although in GETE's case this might mean she's polite to the ancilliaries and has gotten used to not getting much back. Bitter Titan probably freaks her out but she's gonna try not to let it show, because her interpretation of what's going on with them involves projecting a lot of her own experiences and she is consequently sympathetic (she kind of dissociated herself from a lot of her memories of being "owned" and suspects the members of Bitter Titan are in a similar brainspace, although maybe not for the same reason).

She also definitely believes Lusinga is running the show but still talks to him and Spark collectively - just because Spark's a "familiar" doesn't mean she can't be included! If Danika's motes ever display any sign of actually listening she'll probably talk to them too.

2 hours ago, Mister Doctor said:

The GETE is similar to Lusinga but worse. It is definitely not friends with anyone and holds itself at a downright frosty remove from the others but there is every likelihood that GETE has shown up to take a contract or two with anyone who has been with the Realmwardens for more than a year. Anyone newer than that has probably still heard a fair amount of gossip or rumors relating to Bitter Titan, none of it particularly good. Despite all of that, they have a reputation for being pragmatic, reliable, and throwing themselves between other Realmwardens and danger without hesitation.

Also, minor note, gender is a sticky matter with the GETE as the entity itself does not really have one, much less a concept of how one would apply. I use it/its when referring to the GETE itself and they/them when including the ancillaries or referring to the ancillaries specifically. Their gear is intended to be fairly anonymizing and certainly serves to hide any indicators of sex. Your characters are certainly free to make assumptions, just know they are likely to be wrong.

Gotta buff each cohort separately (this is why I warned people not to worry too much about buffing them)

Clearsight is more so that GETE isn't actively shafted by Danika's Darkness effects, so it's still neccessary to stack it on any of the GETEs that want to come within 40 feet of Danika

I had to make an edit to my post, as the kitsune co-guildmistress was supposed to be named Yuki Kuro (Black Snow), not Yuki Kuso (Snow Feces). I'm not sure how that substantial of a spelling error slipped past me, but that's a big gaff that anyone with knowledge in Japanese probably shook their head at. I know for sure that my old gaming friend who played as her in our planar games would probably bust out laughing at that slipup on my part! I'll have to relay this to her just to see what her reaction is later on. But yeah, it's a good thing that I decided to skim over the thread a few minutes ago and, thus, spotted that mistake before the edit window ended.

That massive gaff aside of mine, I'm really enjoying the writing thus far. I'm about to head out and get a few things done- grocery shopping, helping my dad fill out a form that he cannot make heads or tails of, and doing my normal hour of gacha game grinding for the day (I play Fate/Grand Order, Honkai Star Rail, Genshin Impact, and Reverse:1999, if you're curious how deep I am in F2P gacha hell,) but I will be back in a few hours to give a substantive reply in gameplay. For those who mentioned looking over the Wall of Contracts, you can look forward to over a dozen options that you and the other party members can choose from at your leisure.

4 hours ago, Ratpigeon said:

Clearsight is more so that GETE isn't actively shafted by Danika's Darkness effects, so it's still neccessary to stack it on any of the GETEs that want to come within 40 feet of Danika

Got it, you'll probably be fine hitting only three of the currently active ancillaries. Sniper is intended to have a bit of distance.

Also, if the GETE and Danika ever get on better speaking terms, it will have to raid the single soda vending machine still operable back at their base for cans of 'Sprete' and 'Dr. Spice' for her.

Edited by Mister Doctor (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Mister Doctor said:

Also, if the GETE and Danika ever get on better speaking terms, they will have to raid the single soda vending machine still operable back at their base for cans of 'Sprote' and 'Dr. Spice' for her.

Dr. Spice is a real thing even in our reality. It needs to be even further down the rabbit hole of capitalistic ripoffs. Perhaps Professor Seasoning? A truly blighted name for a drink.

So, which of the contracts would you like to do first? i think it would help to list the three favorite and see which get the most votes (IC biara will default to the wielder choice, once she has a wielder, at least until said wielder encourage her to vote)

My favorite are:

The fey under a dark curse. Biara would love that place, i want to see the kindhearted fairy face when a demon show up to help her solve the necromancy/diabolism/worse and it's about a curse

The Penal colony ship. It give me wh40k feelings, might get us some gear upgrade for Gete and once again Biara would have a fun day with plenty of targets to kill.

The eternal empress murder mistery. Not something biara would pick, seem cloak and daggers, but i do find it very cool and Biara ability to turn into an implement can get us access to some info-gathering magical talents.

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

Let's hold off on getting too invested in one contract or another until Saber gets back with the official offerings...

But yes, the GETE is very interested in raiding the penal colony ship for gear and those other two sound like a lot of fun.

Edited by Mister Doctor (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, Mister Doctor said:

But yes, the GETE is very interested in raiding the penal colony ship for gear

this gave me an image, something like

Gete "say something in typical gete way about choosing the penal colony ship to acquire supplies"

Spark nod

Eosi "and the people, we're doing it for the people"

Danika nod

Biara, missing the point "yes! we'll kill those people! and take their stuff!"

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

A few hours late due to getting distracted with a few things, but I have posted the currently available contracts in gameplay! I removed a few options because I want to upscale them to suit the more advanced concepts they have, so you have ten options as opposed to fourteen. The too long, didn't read is that you have the option to pick:

• Hunting a crazed colossal beast in a harsh environment filled with danger
  • Solving the murder mystery surrounding a late yokai empress
  • Fighting in Mortal Kombat a friendly island tournament hosted by an advanced dragonblooded people
  • Going on a rescue mission in a penal colony ship that has slipped into a hellspace
  • Trying to lift a curse that is slowly killing a world of faeries
  • Going into the tavern's basement and exterminating "(?)rats(?)"
  • Accompanying a fallen angel as he treads a path of guilt and penance
  • Hopping aboard a spelljammer and sailing the Deep Astral to investigate a mysterious cosmic egg
  • Journeying to a near-Earth to investigate the harrowing tales of witchcraft, human sacrifice, and dark entities
  • Becoming the arm candy and political tools of an elemental lord for a social function he is attending.

If you do not see one of the options I have talked about in the original threads, it's because those are either too high of a level or because I am folding them into the potential plot-centric parts of the game.

Obviously I'll be happy with whatever the party decides, but some of those contracts feel more urgent and involve protection of innocents or figuring out who to point the finger of justice at, which are both Eosi's preferences (certainly over the frivolity of being hired court-goers or participating in a tournament). While I myself am most intrigued by the tavern basement quest, because secrecy combined with the fact some of our characters frequent this establishment more than others, but Eosi wouldn't be drawn to that job when there are others needing protection.

I'll nominate options 4, 1, 2, 9 and 5, just to be clear :)

I think option 4 makes sense as the one to choose, though for meta reasons: It is being put forward by the Guildmistress, and seems important and complex enough that it makes sense for all of our skills to be bent towards it. A good way for our full group to come together.