Spheres of the Multiverse Gameplay

image.png.e42a99944e5bceb03bd41836a59cea81.png

Statblock

I will love the light, for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.

HP: 117+18 (9d10+27)
Fortitude: +20 Reflex: +14 Will: +19
AC: 29 (20 Flat Footed, 27 Touch)
BAB: +9 Initiative: +0
CL: 9 (+1 Dark/Light) Sphere DC: 22 (+1 Dark/Light) MSB: 9
Save DC: 23 (25 Light/Dark)
Speed: 30'

Melee Attack
Large Zweihander (2-handed) *
Mote Enhancement: +3 Keen Weapon
To Hit: +15 (+22) DMG: 2d8+6 (13) Crit: 15-20/x2

Skills: Diplomacy +21, Heal +6, Intimidate (Sphere) +21, Knowledge Planes +21, Perception +14, Survival +8 Use Magic Device +21
Background: Craft (Silversmith) +12, Perform (Sing) +23

Ongoing Buffs:

"I was at the Guildhall when Eosi brought her in," Danika explains, her nose twitching as if she can smell the brimstone across the room. "She's... Well, she said she's a weapon, and I'm inclined to believe her."

While every instinct urges that she should reach into her shadow and draw forth her sword with every grating word of Biara's voice, but she trusts her senses - and Biara isn't Evil. But she'd seen the contract that had sent Eosi to bring Biara in. She's fairly certain that Biara's absolution lies in ignorance. It's the only thing that would make sense - if Biara's not evil in the way that a rabid dog, or a murderer's knife isn't evil.

But tools can be bent to a new purpose. And she seems inclined to become the Realmwarden's tool. So Danika shrugs, her gaze skating away from the hell-blade erasing Biara from her mental image of the tavern. She's Eosi's problem, until and unless they find themselves on a contract together.

The Motes have been drifting across the Wall as she speaks to Lusinga, reading the contracts, and have begun to congregate around a few. Danika turns her focus back to the wall, skimming the illuminated contracts, her brows drawing together as she sees the Guildmistress' seal on one. A tendril of shadow seeps up the wall, the Motes shying away from the inky darkness as it pulls the contract from Yuki down, passing it into Danika's hands for closer perusal.

This one... strikes a nerve. As her shadow subsides back into the floor, the Motes swarm around her again, drawing in close, weaving through her hair and around her arms their soft glow whispering comfort.

What might her life have been, if the Motes hadn't whisked her away until after her world shattered? What might it have been if the Realmwardens had come for her instead? Her taut fingers wrinkle the edge of the page as she holds it out for La Lusinga to inspect. She's honestly better acquainted with the familiar, than the man: she's whiled away many hours with Spark in the workshop of the Guildhall, shaping precious metals into jewellry for the Motes to enchant, and although she is far from the most skilled artisan among the Realmwardens, shiny is shiny.

"Would... you and Spark be interested in another trip?" She asks the illusionist, her smile warm and inviting, but not quite hiding the tension in her eyes: she's not enthralled with being in a position to be told no. "I think this one might need a team." She tilts the paper towards the Bitter Titan teammate as well, letting him? them? choose whether they want to be included in the request.

spacer.pngGETE - Core | Crafting | Flexible | Heavy | Infiltration | Medic | Shield | Sniper

STAT BLOCKS

CORE Fort: +6 Ref: +11 Will: +9 awareness.svg Perception: +22 Init: +11 SP: 10/16
FLEXIBLE checked-shield.svgAC: 30 TAC: 19 FF: 23 CMD: 28 Fort: +14 Ref: +15 Will: +12 health-normal.svg HP: 112/112 awareness.svg Perception: +13
HEAVY checked-shield.svgAC: 33 TAC: 11 FF: 32 CMD: 27 Fort: +13 Ref: +10 Will: +11 health-normal.svg HP: 112/112 awareness.svg Perception: +13
MEDIC checked-shield.svgAC: 25 TAC: 13 FF: 23 CMD: 22 Fort: +12 Ref: +10 Will: +8 health-normal.svg HP: 84/84 awareness.svg Perception: +11
SNIPER checked-shield.svgAC: 24 TAC: 16 FF: 19 CMD: 26 Fort: +14 Ref: +15 Will: +10 health-normal.svg HP: 88/88 awareness.svg Perception: +14

"Primary objective, secure and extract gatewalker. Secondary objective, secure and extract as many civilians as possible. Objectives are within Bitter Titan's operational capacity. Active squad adjustment required," The present Bitter Titan observed as its eyeless helmet remained fixed on the proffered contract. Their raspy voice was wholly unemotional and lacked even a shadow of hesitation. It was what made Bitter Titan valuable, they could bring skilled professionals to bear, did not hesitate when faced with dangerous or unpleasant work, and only took a single share of any payout.

"Tactical assessment indicates additional manpower is required for optimal outcomes," the mercenary noted, rather bluntly. Considering part of their appeal was already providing manpower, the need for more must have been pressing. An evacuation effort was not something that could be easily handled by a relatively small team. "Bitter Titan can provide non-combat support assets but additional combat-rated assets will be necessary for seizing and securing evacuation routes, interfacing with civilians, and addressing paracausal threats."

For such an infamously taciturn group, something about this interaction had this particular member of Bitter Titan willing to talk. There must be something about the brief or situation that had Bitter Titan invested in the success of the contract. It did not take a notably cunning mind to realize that Bitter Titan had to have come from a realm of higher technological development than most. Perhaps there was some sort of abstract affinity there or, less altruistically, they wanted a chance to pick over the wreckage of a more advanced civilization for some advantage.

Edited by Mister Doctor (see edit history)

spacer.png

Biara look down at Olympia and take her time to observe the dancer, she pass her mug from right hand to left hand and reply "no, we havent , i would remember meeting such odd creature" strangely the voice tone is that of a compliment, Olympia has piqued her curiosity.

Before she can say more, Eosi and Spark join them, the former doing the introductions

"Lovely? you say that to every female we meet, even to the ooze...and they call me the impure" truth or lie? only Eosi know, as he know Biara get more...venomous...when he stroll around wielding his icy elven branched spear, in 1857 years this is the first time she isnt the primary weapon, the hellblade is jealous...it's only a matter of time before the icy spear accidentally fall into a volcano

She shift her focus on Spark, then Olympia, then back to Spark, who are they? why is Eosi introducing them? Spark is a slave of a master so unimportant Eosi didnt even bother to name while Olympia...maybe Eosi want to hear her opinion?

Biara give to the clockwork doll a closer look, as crazy as it may sound the demon does understand a thing or two about machines, Olympia may be alien tech but she'll do what she can to help Eosi.

"she's nimble and very flexible but also robust, dense, a poor swimmer, but stronger than what it may seem" she sniff at her "it's not a golem, there is some meat inside, the skin appear smooth, finely crafted, not made by orcs" she extend her right hand and attempt to caress Olympia porcelain skin with the back of a single finger, avoiding contact with the gauntlet's spikes.

Whether Olympia let Biara touch her, or recoil, the demon continue her analysis, shifting her focus on the skirt, in particular the cage around it "i dont know the purpose of it"

She then conclude "her flexibility and resistance make her a worthy partner, but the metal bits could inflict you cuts and bruises while her weight would crush your bones. Wear protections and bring a wand of infernal healing" It's Eosi fault, he did introduce a mechanical doll and covered her with praises, Biara assumed a romantic interest.

Nonchalantly shifting her attention on Spark "who is your master, little one?"

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

spacer.pngOlympia Lovelace

health-normal.svg HP: 108/108 || checked-shield.svgAC: 29 || SP: 13/13 || Fort: +7 Ref: +12 Will: +9 || awareness.svg Perception: +13
Delayed Damage Pool: 0/27 || Dodge Pool: 170/170%

Olympia covers a giggle when Eosi introduces her, especially as worthy of emulation. "Everyone seems to want to flatter me today. Not that I'm complaining much, but it does make me feel a bit like somebody wants something." Being addressed as lovely isn't that unusual for her, but la Veritas and Eosi picking the same compliment in quick succession is funny. "And hello, Spark."

Her eyebrows go up when Biara starts analyzing her construction. That's not what she expected from a towering demon carousing at the bar - but then, Danika had said something about her being a weapon as she left. It might be a reflex. (Her cheek twitches a little when that one "it" slips in, but it doesn't sound like a habit, so she lets it pass for now.)

The reaching out to touch makes her start to think that for all her imposing appearance, Biara's rather childlike. Rather than flinch away, she reaches up to intercept Biara's hand gently with her own. "I'm mostly clockwork, but I'm built off a living base, yes. And not orcs, no. Vampires. I'd prefer not to get into the details." Which is probably more than Eosi has heard about how she was made, unless he was present when she was inducted (she had a physical, because if she has to consult the healers at the guildhall it's better not to surprise them). "The wires help conduct magic. Them being on the outside was an aesthetic choice."

It takes her a minute to register where that last bit is going, and... well, Olympia can't blush, so her cheeks stay just as as pale as before, but her eyes widen and her chin drops. She isn't sure whether to be mortified or to laugh. "That is not how I was expecting that to end. I had a friend who'd do that, but she wasn't as clinical when she was sizing people up."

She glances up at Eosi for a second, then back to Biara, and manages a wry smile. "No, I'm a dancer - and not as a euphemism. Well, and a guardian. I like to be able to help people. I suppose this means I'm not the new recruit anymore, hm?" Not that there haven't probably been other new Realmwardens in the months since she joined, but none of them really in Olympia's circles. "So what do you do, Biara? Are you an engineer?"

Eosi seems particularly unfazed by the continued joking around his interactions with women, yielding not even a blush or a sigh of frustration. Perhaps he's uninterested in women, or in anyone in general? He does wonder, though, for a single second, if his friend Fralgar has ever found it strange that Eosi likewise introduces the elderly ash-orc to other acquaintances with the same adjective as he did Olympia and Spark. The Aurori doesn't dwell on the notion, however; perhaps his indication of trust is mistranslated from its intent.

"Usually, Biara, voicing your diagnostic assessment of another being's physical composition and their supposed strengths and weaknesses is impolite. Unless you are a physician and they are under your medical care." Eosi's voice is mild as he takes pains to avoid giving the false impression he himself is irritated - he simply hopes clear explanations will help her navigate her new life. "Or so I am told, at least. I have never visited one such professional personally. I think I died once, a few years back, on a contract I perhaps should not have attempted solo, but I was perfectly fine a minute later, so I might have imagined it."

Floating in place as he is, Eosi begins to finally partake of his mead, being one to appreciate the sweet drink most when it is in the process of cooling.

LusingaAV9-16.jpg.8fc7dea9a9657a63e120784aebf822b0.jpgLusinga la VeritasSparkSpakrAV1-1.jpg.5d347e2bf59e8bea27b08a7b143eb68f.jpg

health-normal.svg HP: 74/74 checked-shield.svgAC: 25 SP: 31/32 Fort: +7 Ref: +12 Will: +7 awareness.svg Perception: -1
Illusions CL: 13/15 checked-shield.svg AC: 24+size Attack: +20 Damage: 27 any Save DC: 26

When Olympia greets her, Spark repeats her curtsy, lifting off of Eosi’s obliging head to zip through the air, circling Olympia in an off-kilter ellipse before alighting on her sturdy shoulder, landing in a graceful sitting position to listen to the rest of the conversation from a different perch.

La Veritas does not respond to Danika’s question immediately, lifting up a hand to his shrouded chin in consideration — Spark is struggling to follow two conversations, one of them halfway across the bustling tavern, but does at least pick out the mention of her own name. She does her best to follow along with Biara’s speech but, upon determining that the conversation has now fully moved beyond the need for her presence, glances over towards Lusinga.

After several considered breaths, la Veritas responds. “Let us ask her, then.” He raises his free hand, lifting a finger and twitching it.

His dutiful familiar, either noticing the gesture or simply attuned to her master’s whims in the strange way of familiars, straightens up, lifting off of Olympia’s shoulder and fluttering into the sky, offering the assembled a dramatic bow in clear imitation of her master’s ostentatious mannerisms. “Apologies!” she proclaims, even taking on a bit of his “Chip chap cheerio my good fellow!” speech pattern as she straightens with a flutter of golden wings, “but duty calls.” With a backflipping loop, she departs the group, flying back across the tavern in a golden line.

As his fairy approaches, Lusinga flattens his palm, forming a less precarious perch for her to land upon. Arriving in a patter of tiny steps, Spark looks at what the palm is pointing at — Danika, holding out a contract for la Veritas and the Titan company man to examine, then turns to look up at her master, tilting her head in confusion.

“Miss Yvaine has asked for my assistance with a mission,” la Veritas offers by way of clarification.

Nodding, Spark looks back at Danika — gaze lingering as it traces along her elegant ornamentation — then down to the paper, stepping to the edge of Lusinga’s fingers and leaning out over the open air to get a good look. Her face crinkles with distaste as she looks back at Lusinga. “Eugh. Space? There’s no trees there!” The lack of arboreal infestation is apparently a matter of grave concern for Spark.

“Ah,” Lusinga lifts an explanatory finger,  “But consider! A spacefuture world contains all sorts of wonders and mechanisms. Doubtless we can find material to anoint the members of Bitter Titan and so incentivise further cooperation. Have you not enjoyed the plentiful targets this gentleman’s company has proffered up for you to harass?”

Spark affixes Lusinga with a look of abject displeasure, like a child being invited to a dry town hall meeting with the promise that it would please their favourite uncle.

“And I am sure we can find some precious stardust bauble to add to your collection,” la Veritas conceded. “Besides,” he continued, “I was only just saying that it is a gentleman’s duty to avail himself when a lovely maiden has need of him. And is Miss Yvaine not a lady, and not lovely? Are you to make your master a liar and a cad, my little familiar?” Lusinga la Veritas concludes his little speech with a tone of faux-horror at the thought .

Spark lets out an annoyed grumble, adorably high-pitched in refutation of her effort to be grumpily annoyed. Puffing out her lips, she settles into a sulk — then, determining this path isn’t likely to get her what she wants, sits up straight and tilts up her chin, taking on an imperious expression and tone of voice in mocking mimicry of la Veritas’s own. “Then perhaps you should avaaail yourself to the lovely maiden currently residing in your palm? Endeavour to aid her in her own, more terrestrial, pursuits?” she replies, sticking her nose somehow even higher up in refutation of the very idea of space.

Lusinga offers up a shrug to Danika, lifting the fairy up to let her attempt to persuade the sullen, space-averse pixie if she so desires, as though he is saying "this is about what I expected".

Edited by AdellRazh (see edit history)

spacer.png

So, what do you do Biara?

The demon think, then think some more, she look at Eosi as if seeking suggestion, or maybe permission, to answer Olympia question she would need to explain the nature of their relationship and that tend to cause misunderstandings, not that she care about these, what disturb, no, what hurt Biara is Eosi's reaction, or lack of, that usually follow.

The last weeks have been great, the aurori has opened a multiverse to her, he's a gentle and generous owner but...he is not interested in her, he wont become a wielder, he doesnt aspire to such title, he doesnt even understand how degrading it is to be second to a dumb piece of ice.

Biara had many owners, not all reached the status of wielder, some were awful, tyrannical, even cruel to her, but they did gave her attention, they did use her in battle, an hellblade is not a trophy to be kept around in pristine condition, but to be bathed in the blood of your foes.

But rules are rules, she will wait and drink, enough alcohol will send away these sad thoughts, she wonder if they do bar brawls here, finding an opponent would be easy.

Probably a minute has passed, maybe more, so distracted in her inner thoughts that she forgot to answer Olympia, meanwhile Eosi give her a lesson of etiquette, the lifeminder doesnt even realize when she try to get his attention by being provokative.

She reply, signing, her voice is not suited for singing however the lyric suggest she has studied the artShowing off her whole 2 ranks in singing, take 10 for a result of 12

♫"i walk a bloody road

The only one that i have ever known

Dont know where it goes

But it's home to me, and i walk..."♫ she pause "alone"

health-normal.svg HP: 108/108 || checked-shield.svgAC: 29 || SP: 13/13 || Fort: +7 Ref: +12 Will: +9 || awareness.svg Perception: +13

Olympia chuckles softly. "You and Kiki really would get along, I think." She hums a bar of music that would probably be mostly-unrecognizable even if Biara knows the song - by contrast to Biara, Olympia's voice is designed to be pleasing, but she has no training in singing at all, and her only real skill that helps with it is being able to keep rhythm. Besides, it was always a song her friend liked more. We shoot without a gun, we'll take on anyone...

Biara's verse is really only kind of an answer, but Olympia decides not to press her on it. Putting it together with what Danika mentioned as she left, she has a strong suspicion that Biara's past is painful. And since she did just ask Biara not to pry into her own past too much, it would be hypocritical to get pushy now.

She glances away for a brief moment, following Spark's path back toward where la Veritas, Danika, and Foxtrot-Lima are talking. Apparently they managed to get the masked mercenary to contribute to the conversation after all - though she can't imagine Lusinga la Veritas and any of Bitter Titan really having the same conversation.

"I like it here in Nexus. There's so much light here, compared to where I'm from - although that's true of most planes, really. Even when Danika isn't in the room. If you're planning on staying with the Realmwardens, maybe we can work together? There are quite a few contracts up at the moment that really need a team, and as I was saying to the Magos..." She gestures to the tall figure whose hand Spark alighted on. "I always like dancing with a partner better. Spark is darling, if you have a tolerance for mischief and for la Veritas being a ham, but neither of them is exactly what you'd call sturdy."

A little confused by Biara's remarks, but having grown accustomed since meeting her to be comfortable with that, Eosi spends the time Olympia takes to speak stoppering his flagon and depositing the mostly full ceramic jug in a tiny pouch hanging from his belt which really has no right to be able to contain such a relatively large object.

He then listens to Olympia intently, even though he cannot help but do a gentle spin in midair as he does so, for he has been in the one physical space for a bit too long for his restless body's liking. As Eosi turns, he glances in the direction Spark flitted off to, noting once again the eerie Bitter Titan soldier and the figure who may or may not be la Veritas, for he is still convinced the magician is having someone on just now. He smiles in Danika's direction, and continues his pirouette before holding himself in place to face Biara and Olympia once more, still ignoring Biara's other drinking companions who are unknown to him.

"I can't help but feel there are the stirrings of a team forming as we speak, Olympia. You can certainly count me in, if I am welcome."

He grins at Biara, being careful to gesture towards her with his free hand rather than swing his jagged spear in her direction, for she seems uncomfortable around the object.

"And Biara is certainly about as sturdy as they come. What is your opinion, Biara? Do you think yourself ready to take on an official contract?"

image.png.e42a99944e5bceb03bd41836a59cea81.png

Statblock

I will love the light, for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.

HP: 117+18 (9d10+27)
Fortitude: +20 Reflex: +14 Will: +19
AC: 29 (20 Flat Footed, 27 Touch)
BAB: +9 Initiative: +0
CL: 9 (+1 Dark/Light) Sphere DC: 22 (+1 Dark/Light) MSB: 9
Save DC: 23 (25 Light/Dark)
Speed: 30'

Melee Attack
Large Zweihander (2-handed) *
Mote Enhancement: +3 Keen Weapon
To Hit: +15 (+22) DMG: 2d8+6 (13) Crit: 15-20/x2

Skills: Diplomacy +21, Heal +6, Intimidate (Sphere) +21, Knowledge Planes +21, Perception +14, Survival +8 Use Magic Device +21
Background: Craft (Silversmith) +12, Perform (Sing) +23

Ongoing Buffs:

"Well, I mean, of course you don't have to come, Spark." Danika says, holding out a hand for Spark to step onto, her other hand calling a smoky, twining shadow, stars spinning through the darkness. Lusinga doesn't take contracts without Spark's sign-on, so the contrary little Fae needs to be convinced. "It's just a contract posted by Guildmistress Kuso." The smoke in Danika's hand shifts, the constellations fracturing and reforming.

"I can't imagine what would tempt you about a ship lost on the crumbling edge of reality. Surely not the stories hidden in those frayed edges. And it's not like Guildmistress Kuso is known for the pretty, shiny rewards she offers to those who takes on her contracts. And a contract to bring a new little sister home? She'd probably be feeling outright stingy after that." It's not subtle - Danika's impression of Spark is a magpie little gremlin creature, scintillating and delightful, as cunning as her Magos' illusions, but not exactly subtle. And neither is Danika. So she isn't trying to trick the little Fae - the reverse psychology is pretty blatantly lampshaded. Spark will know what she's doing, and Danika expects Spark to know, and so on. "I'm just not sure how we'd manage without you and Lusinga."

Danika expects the prospect of sparkly rewards and hidden stories are likely to be enticing, and the game panders to Spark's vanity. And Danika isn't above a little pandering to get what she wants.

The only question is whether she can invite Eosi and Olympia without their third wheel. But it seems like that boat may have already sailed. The Lifeminder is definitely someone that Danika wants on this contract. His new Hellblade may be an unfortunate but unavoidable by-product.

She waves the Eosi and Olympia over.

Edited by Ratpigeon (see edit history)

LusingaAV9-16.jpg.8fc7dea9a9657a63e120784aebf822b0.jpgLusinga la VeritasSparkSpakrAV1-1.jpg.5d347e2bf59e8bea27b08a7b143eb68f.jpg

health-normal.svg HP: 74/74 checked-shield.svgAC: 25 SP: 31/32 Fort: +7 Ref: +12 Will: +7 awareness.svg Perception: -1
Illusions CL: 13/15 checked-shield.svg AC: 24+size Attack: +20 Damage: 27 any Save DC: 26

Rising from her seat, Spark steps gracefully over onto Danika’s proffered hand. As much distaste as she has for space, she is ever receptive to being doted on. As Danika weaves her little tale, Spark watches her, entranced by her beauty. As fond of singing her own praises as Spark is, Danika is one of the very few guild members that Spark has hesitated to compare herself against. Her self-obsession has found itself reliably overawed by proximity to Danika’s glittering magnetism.

Spark’s weakness for beautiful things finds a deadly alliance in her perhaps greater weaknesses for mysteries, stories, and treasure. Her eyes widen, glittering with starlight that is part reflected off Danika, and part the fairy’s own proclivity to accent her own expressions with illusions. Mouth hanging open with eagerness, she is left looking a little gormless when Danika’s persuasion concludes.

It takes a beat — spent contemplating eldritch realmspaces and an entire Scrooge McDuck swimming pool of gold — before Spark comes to her senses, snapping her jaw shut. She looks down from Danika, her dislike of treeless space brought into sharp conflict with her many glittery loves, eyes flickering back and forth as she weighs them against each other. With one side rapidly pulling ahead, she turns away, releasing an annoyed growl, flapping her arms and stamping her foot in frustration — the impacts barely detectable on Danika’s palm — as she realises she has lost.

Folding her arms across her chest and turning her nose up in a direction where hopefully no one but Lusinga can see the thick red blush filling her face — and, Danika can quite easily see, extending to the tips of her long, pointed ears — Spark lets out a defeat huff. “W~e~ll,” she does her best to salvage her defeat by putting on airs, “since Master would obviously be helpless without me, and since you say you need both of us sooo badly, I guess I don’t mind coming along.”

Lusinga la Veritas leans down towards Spark, giving out a slow, cheerful laugh. Hard to say no when a pretty girl asks you to do something, isn’t it, Spark? Not used to being on the rec-”

“Shut up!” Spark, her expression switching from put-on imperiousness to panic, swings one of her billow sleeves up and down, hurling a cartoony star at la Veritas’s mask. It boinks off with an equally and adorably cartoony sound effect, producing another chuckle from the owl-faced magician.

La Veritas extends a finger to the little fairy, who grabs hold of it with some more grumbling, letting him lift her up onto his shoulder. “Well, then. It seems you’ve one-” an irritable punch from Spark dents the side of his cowl, two additions to your team. A few more, do you think?”

Edited by AdellRazh (see edit history)

spacer.png

Biara past is indeed painful, for others, the truth is that if one were to compare what she has suffered to what she has inflicted, it would be like a glass of water next to a lake.

As an instrument of war, in an hellish world, often wielded by the most prolific warlords...millions have died by her hand, the Bane of Kree is a name that inspire awe and terror on Chabix, she's the evil Excalibur of that world.

Luckily Chabix is a backwater world so bad it's slightly better than a dead world, few people would visit it.

Olympia invite come unexpected, the clockwork dancer is asking to the wrong person, the demon look at Eosi but he anticipate her, wherever he goes she goes, even his question is purely a form of kindness, appreciated but unnecessary.

She smile, this time it's a rater large one, like a cheshire cat, she reply first to Eosi "oh yes" she detach from the counter, accidentally bumping against one of the no-gooders who were drinking with her, annoyed by the obstacle she shove him away but does it with her left hand, not realizing, or maybe not caring about the result.

The drunkard stumble down, holding an hand on his right arm, where the demon touched him, his shirt is damaged and there is an handprint on his skin that look like a chemical burn.

She has taken two steps toward Eosi before noticing what has just happened, she stop, look at the drunkard, then look at Eosi , then look again at the drunkard "I am sorry" she say with Gete-level empathy, clearly instructed to say so, she offer her right hand to help the man stand up, he refuse, obviously.

The demon turn back to Eosi and shrug, as if to say -i've offered help, he refused-

Incident solved and forgotten, "will we depart immediately or do i have time to grab my backpack?" one of her many quirks, Biara like to carry a backpack, even if usually it's half empty, her idea of adventurers is people with backpacks who go exotic places, kill the locals, take their stuff and put them in the backpacks. Looting is a ritual for Biara, shes hardly interested in wealth and tend to spend he earnings like an irresponsible teen who has been given a fortune, for the large majority of her life she never owned anything, money, her own money, to be spent as she wished, is a recent thing, when she begun adventuring in demon form

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

spacer.pngGETE - Core | Crafting | Flexible | Heavy | Infiltration | Medic | Shield | Sniper

STAT BLOCKS

CORE Fort: +6 Ref: +11 Will: +9 awareness.svg Perception: +22 Init: +11 SP: 10/16
FLEXIBLE checked-shield.svgAC: 30 TAC: 19 FF: 23 CMD: 28 Fort: +14 Ref: +15 Will: +12 health-normal.svg HP: 112/112 awareness.svg Perception: +13
HEAVY checked-shield.svgAC: 33 TAC: 11 FF: 32 CMD: 27 Fort: +13 Ref: +10 Will: +11 health-normal.svg HP: 112/112 awareness.svg Perception: +13
MEDIC checked-shield.svgAC: 25 TAC: 13 FF: 23 CMD: 22 Fort: +12 Ref: +10 Will: +8 health-normal.svg HP: 84/84 awareness.svg Perception: +11
SHIELD checked-shield.svgAC: 31 TAC: 17 FF: 24 CMD: 28 Fort: +14 Ref: +15 Will: +12 health-normal.svg HP: 112/112 awareness.svg Perception: +13

Some threshold seemed to have been reached as more bodies gathered around the already present mercenary to discuss the contract and play social games that they did not seem to grasp or care to engage in. As one, the remaining seated members of Bitter Titan stood from their table. The individual with the helmet of twisting tendrils reached into a pouch to deposit a stack of coins on the table, a precisely calculated but somewhat generous tip. Seemingly without discussing the matter, the tendril masked individual turned and left the tavern while the other two approached the Wall of Contracts.

One of the two was a hulking figure, taller even than the rest of the Bitter Titan mercenaries. They had to be somewhere around ten feet tall and were even more heavily armed and armored than the others. The familiar drab synthetic jacket and pants were covered in heavy plates of steel and ceramic. Strapped to their back was a massive bearded axe, all squared angles and unsubtle reinforcements, alongside a multi-barreled gun that looked more like it should be fixed to a tripod or vehicle of some sort. They had a strangely angled cleaver strapped to their tactical webbing in the same way someone else might keep a combat knife... even if this particular blade looked like it would be a longsword in anyone else's hands. Their patches indicated they were 'Hotel Echo 002'.

The other was almost reassuring by comparison, built more like the already present Bitter Titan. In place of the rifle, though, was a bulky revolver holstered at their hip. They were bedecked by a collection of ominous canisters and had a blocky pack that featured a rather prosaic looking red cross. It and its variants were familiar enough to those that had visited Earths as a symbol for medical supplies and care, but the idea of one of the Bitter Titan mercenaries providing medical care seemed patently absurd. Their bedside manner did not bear thinking about. From what could be read around the various canisters was that this one was 'Mike Echo 001'.

"Defensive close combat asset en route," Foxtrot Lima noted, apparently the outward facing liaison for the group. Other people needed to get to know the people they would be going into combat with, to perform the social rituals to make sure interests were aligned and reinforce bonds. The Bitter Titan Company did none of this. They were heavy, drab presences in the midst of the acquaintance making and banter. For Lusinga and Spark, it was all too familiar from the other contracts they had worked together. It was no wonder Olympia harbored the suspicions she did.

spacer.pngEosi, Aurori Lifeminder

health-normal.svg HP: 135/135 || checked-shield.svgAC: 30 || SP: 45/46 || Fort: +13 Ref: +9 Will: +17 || awareness.svg Perception: +21
Delayed Damage Pool: 0/26 || Bound Spirits left: 12/12

Eosi is tempted, albeit briefly, to chide Biara, but the desire dissipates like a dying breeze. We aren't family, so she doesn't need my criticism.

He inspects the branded stranger a little more closely, considering his own judgment.

Doesn't mean he deserved that, though.

Concentrating on the man's well-being, Eosi waves his free hand in a gentle sweep. The snowflakes drifting around the Aurori become more energetic, dancing and twirling erratically, until they freeze in place just as suddenly, becoming lethargic once more.

The man, and anyone who cares to notice, sees his wound visibly frost over and dry off in quick succession, revealing perfectly fresh, clean skin where Vista's hand had imprinted harm only seconds earlier.

"You have time for that, yes, but possibly not much else, I predict."

It is now that Eosi notices Danika beckoning them over. He jerks his head in her direction in case the others haven't spotted the gesture, then drifts on over without saying anything to his previous companions, assuming they will follow or not as they choose.

"Where are we going?" Eosi asks in his deep voice, assuming a shared contract to already be inevitable.

(OOC: Standard to Guard the patron, then subsequent standard to use a spell point and Cure for a narratively irrelevant amount.)

Edited by Phechan (see edit history)

Olympia's eyes widen a little at what happens when someone stumbles up against Biara. "You probably want to be careful with that. Not everyone is as resilient as we are." She smiles to try and take some of the sting out of the remark. "Like you were saying earlier - I try not to lean on people who can't support my weight or catch people's fingers in my gears."

Well, between Eosi's and Danika's urging, she can hardly say no - she beckons to Biara to come along as well before following Eosi back over. "So, did you settle on a - oh, I see!" She recognizes the contract from her earlier perusal halfway through the sentence. Olympia's still a little shaky on the general mechanics of things like "starships" and "outer space" - Onyx City is just about up to automobiles, radio, and neon - but that contract still caught her eye earlier... and of course, regardless of how much sense it makes to her, the actual objective is obvious enough. "That one! It looks like it could be quite a job. If you're looking for an extra hand or two, I'm happy to help!"

After all, presumably if they didn't want her to join, Danika wouldn't have been waving her over. Although she raises her eyebrows a little when she sees two out of the three other Bitter Titan members have joined them as well. Hopefully this spaceship place isn't too cramped, or things might get crowded. She looks up at Foxtrot-Lima thoughtfully. "I'm sure your team can coordinate - how is your rhythm?" They don't need to be literally able to dance to keep up with Olympia, after all, but it helps to be able to keep time.