Spheres of the Multiverse Gameplay

image.png.e42a99944e5bceb03bd41836a59cea81.png

Statblock

I will love the light, for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.

HP: 117+18 (9d10+27)
Fortitude: +20 Reflex: +14 Will: +19
AC: 29 (20 Flat Footed, 27 Touch)
BAB: +9 Initiative: +0
CL: 9 (+1 Dark/Light) Sphere DC: 22 (+1 Dark/Light) MSB: 9
Save DC: 23 (25 Light/Dark)
Speed: 30'

Melee Attack
Large Zweihander (2-handed) *
Mote Enhancement: +3 Keen Weapon
To Hit: +15 (+22) DMG: 2d8+6 (13) Crit: 15-20/x2

Skills: Diplomacy +21, Heal +6, Intimidate (Sphere) +21, Knowledge Planes +21, Perception +14, Survival +8 Use Magic Device +21
Background: Craft (Silversmith) +12, Perform (Sing) +23

Ongoing Buffs:

"The real challenge will be... everyone else." Danika says, as the Motes start gathering around her, preparing to weave open a gate. "If it was just one girl then a defensive perimeter, with Lusinga's illusions for cover, and we could have her out almost as soon as we found her. But the others - they'll need a place to go once they're through the gate, and it'll probably be a running battle to get them there. But..." The ones she asked to come with her, she thinks would be well suited to the task: Olympia and Eosi's reactive combat styles, coupled with his healing and her wards. Lusinga's illusions, the Bitter Titan's famed teamwork. Honestly, out of all of them, Danika herself might be the least suited to the task - she'll have to hold back, to keep innocents safe from the more... biting effects of her aura.

"It'll be a challenge. But I don't think there's a better group for the job. Are we ready to go?" The glow of the Motes around her intensifies as she focuses her Spark towards a nearby alcove. t's impolite to open a gate in the middle of the tavern, but against an out of the way back wall is perfectly fine - it is a Realmwarden locale, after all.

The fact that Biara has run off somewhere is an added bonus, and all the more reason not to dally.

spacer.png

Biara observe Eosi heal the man, with a puzzled expression, to her eyes the drunkard is a weak creature, on Chabix he would end up becoming a slave, if particularly lucky, or just food, his sole purpose would be serve and entertain the strong.

Eosi selfless act is alien to her, whats the gain? what is the purpose? Biara does not understand, it's too complicated.

Replying to Olympia "it's tiresome to keep it in mind" she say, looking at her left arm "i liked the original more, however this one does have it's advantages" it does complicate Biara life, but it's much better than being one armed.

When Eosi give his approval, Biara smile and leave, moving at a speedy pace, but not flying, she has already been told not to, due to her wingspan.

She go to her room and begin gathering her stuff, including her gold, which she left unattended, inside a wardrobe, it could vaguely remind a dragon hoard, on a much, much smaller scale.

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

LusingaAV9-16.jpg.8fc7dea9a9657a63e120784aebf822b0.jpgLusinga la VeritasSparkSpakrAV1-1.jpg.5d347e2bf59e8bea27b08a7b143eb68f.jpg

health-normal.svg HP: 74/74 checked-shield.svgAC: 25 SP: 31/32 Fort: +7 Ref: +12 Will: +7 awareness.svg Perception: -1
Illusions CL: 13/15 checked-shield.svg AC: 24+size Attack: +20 Damage: 27 any Save DC: 26

“Ah!” la Veritas spreads his arms as he sees Eosi and Olympia return to the group. “It seems our improvised party has assembled! A joy to see you joining us, Olympia. I’ve heard tales of the beauty of your battle dance. I look forward to seeing it. Eosi, always a pleasure. Your presence is always a comfort, if for no other reason than Spark seems to enjoy annoying you more than me.” He offers the diminutive elemental a bow, hand over the chest with another flared out to emphasize the dramatic sweep. Spark clings to the fabric of his shoulderpad, managing to maintain her perch through the motion.

Straightening, la Veritas continues addressing Eosi. “I’ve heard tell you’ve caught a new ward. Quite the entertaining contrast the two of you make; fire-haired, childish abyssal woman and icy boy wise behind his apparent years.” He tilts his head, noting that said abyssal has not yet joined the group. “Will she be coming with us, then? Have you managed, once more, to surround yourself with beautiful women as you set out to rescue yet another?” He chortles. "Nothing like breaking in a new hire to add some spice to a mission."

spacer.pngGETE - Core | Crafting | Flexible | Heavy | Infiltration | Medic | Shield | Sniper

STAT BLOCKS

CORE Fort: +6 Ref: +11 Will: +9 awareness.svg Perception: +22 Init: +11 SP: 10/16
FLEXIBLE checked-shield.svgAC: 30 TAC: 19 FF: 23 CMD: 28 Fort: +14 Ref: +15 Will: +12 health-normal.svg HP: 112/112 awareness.svg Perception: +13
HEAVY checked-shield.svgAC: 33 TAC: 11 FF: 32 CMD: 27 Fort: +13 Ref: +10 Will: +11 health-normal.svg HP: 112/112 awareness.svg Perception: +13
MEDIC checked-shield.svgAC: 25 TAC: 13 FF: 23 CMD: 22 Fort: +12 Ref: +10 Will: +8 health-normal.svg HP: 84/84 awareness.svg Perception: +11
SHIELD checked-shield.svgAC: 31 TAC: 17 FF: 24 CMD: 28 Fort: +14 Ref: +15 Will: +12 health-normal.svg HP: 112/112 awareness.svg Perception: +13

There is a long pause as Foxtrot-Lima seemed to give Olympia's question more consideration than it really deserves. There seemed to be some manner of disconnect before they finally settled on a response. "Weapons rating is for a steady firing rate of thirty rounds per minute, with an upper cap of ninety rounds per minute on a firing range. Actual discharge highly dependent on battlefield circumstances and resource limitations in the field. Is this acceptable? Bitter Titan has not had ready access to fully automatic weapons save for the designated squad support weapons for forty-one years and three months due to resource and personnel attrition during operations."

If Foxtrot-Lima were anyone else, 'resource and personnel attrition' might have carried some sort of terrible weight to it when reading between the lines. They were describing, in cold and prosaic terms, a history of distinct loss but this was a Bitter Titan member. Instead of any hint of some sort of angst over the matter, there was just a sterile and professional curiosity over whether their performance met Olympia's requirements for 'rhythm'. In retrospect, it was just as surreal to imagine them joining her in a dance as it had been to imagine them taking off their masks to share a companionable drink in the tavern.

"Asset still en route. ETA ten minutes," Foxtrot-Lima noted when Danika attempted to hustle the group along (and inadvertently ruining her attempt to maybe leave Biara behind). There was no shift in the posture of the Bitter Titan mercenaries, but they always seem prepared for a fight to break out at any given moment.

spacer.pngEosi, Aurori Lifeminder

health-normal.svg HP: 135/135 || checked-shield.svgAC: 30 || SP: 44/46 || Fort: +13 Ref: +9 Will: +17 || awareness.svg Perception: +21
Delayed Damage Pool: 0/26 || Bound Spirits left: 12/12

After nodding his belated greetings at Foxtrot-Lima, Eosi perks up at Lusinga's joking praise.

"I do have it on good authority that I am eminently annoyable, yes. As for my ward...well, talk of 'beauty' aside, she's capable, if not frustrated with my preference for using magic directly in combat. Biara will be joining us, and if someone here who uses their armaments more than as an arcane focus would do me a favour, Biara seems very eager to turn into a literal weapon to enhance her wielder."

He doesn't seem at his wit's end or anything like that, but it is blatantly obvious the Lifeminder would prefer to avoid misunderstandings or apparently further friction in which he is personally involved. Eosi inspects the contract Danika has claimed, unsure at first what he's signed up to.

"Oh, I see! Given our destination, would everyone who would die if they are unable to breathe in the vacuum of space...or the toxic conditions of some of the known Hells...please raise their hand? I should sort out that potential issue before worrying about other protections."

By way of implied demonstration, Eosi's personal snowfall quickens, and following a flick of his wrist, a vest of crystal filigree like raised lacework creeps into existence across his torso in a curved art nouveau style.

OOC1sp spent to place Breathless aegis on self for the next 9 hours.

spacer.pngOlympia Lovelace

health-normal.svg HP: 108/108 || checked-shield.svgAC: 29 || SP: 14/14 || Fort: +7 Ref: +12 Will: +9 || awareness.svg Perception: +13
Delayed Damage Pool: 0/27 || Dodge Pool: 170/170%

"Automatic weapons aren't... quite what I meant." Olympia bites her lip for a moment before deciding that getting into what "resource and personnel attrition" actually covers is too much for a conversation where they've already gotten more words out of any Bitter Titan than she usually hears in a month. They have places to be, anyway, and even if Olympia wanted to play psychiatrist, ten minutes isn't enough for her to psychoanalyze an entire squad. "I don't talk about missions like dancing just as a metaphor - I have a knack for controlling the rhythm of a fight. You don't necessarily have to literally dance, but it's a matter of timing, following it like a piece of music. Listen for when the actual music starts playing, and if you can keep time you might find it makes everyone who participates a little more effective."

She turns to look at Eosi with wide eyes when he mentions Biara turning into a weapon. Which puts kind of a different cast on what Danika was saying earlier. "Really. That's very interesting. Well, I can fight with two blades as well as a double-ended one... If she doesn't mind the sharp edges and metal parts -" Yes, she may be teasing Eosi and Biara about that for a while. "- I wouldn't mind the help. I can get by just fine without breathing, though. But if anyone would like a bit more protection, I can also help with that - a bit like having armor or a shield that won't hinder you at all."

She'll just continue sipping from her wineglass while they wait for Biara and the additional member of Bitter Titan who's apparently on the way. It takes a lot more than one slowly-consumed glass of wine to impair Olympia's capabilities, generally, since consuming anything is also pretty much optional for her. "Well, you'll get to see for yourself soon enough, Magos. Though I'm sure I don't need to question your sense of rhythm." At least not if it's as good as his dramatic timing.

LusingaAV9-16.jpg.8fc7dea9a9657a63e120784aebf822b0.jpgLusinga la VeritasSparkSpakrAV1-1.jpg.5d347e2bf59e8bea27b08a7b143eb68f.jpg

health-normal.svg HP: 74/74 checked-shield.svgAC: 25 SP: 31/32 Fort: +7 Ref: +12 Will: +7 awareness.svg Perception: -1
Illusions CL: 13/15 checked-shield.svg AC: 24+size Attack: +20 Damage: 27 any Save DC: 26

Spark leans forward to get a better look at Lusinga’s mask, whispering towards it, "Can you… illusion an air bubble? Would that work?"

Lusinga contemplates Eosi’s question as well as Spark’s, then replies to the elemental lad. "Hmm. Perhaps a charm to that effect on little Spark. Familiars are vulnerable things, and I would be loath to have to replace her. I, on the other hand… well." A cheeky smile is palpable through Lusinga’s mask in what he says next, "I shall handle whatever comes. I am very good at what I do."

"As for your question, Miss Olympia. Not to worry. I’ve not the schooled feet of a master of the art, such as yourself, but what paltry showman cannot tap out a tune with his feet when the situation demands it of him? And I have made it my life’s goal to never evoke such a dread insult as paltry showman."

spacer.png

Five minutes later Biara return, moving through the tavern with her backpack which has seen better days, while Spark and Eosi fluttered around the room and Olympia gracefully danced around obstacles, Biara is more like a rhino, she move with purpose and determination, in a straight line, others move out of the way, a wise choice.

Sure, there are plenty of people who could beat some humility into her horned skull, but she would enjoy the fight, defeating the purpose of the lesson.

"here i am" she say at Eosi, the demon hasnt given a glance at the contract board but she does address one of the Bitter Titans, the first one she see "where's tentacle head? i liked him" referring to the one who left the tavern, while they havent been officially introduced Biara has seen them sitting together

image.png.6b38982a8f7eb21ff086ebf4fc84c4f1.png

Statblock

I will love the light, for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.

HP: 135/135
SP: 34/42
BAB: +9 Initiative: +1
CL: 9 (+1 Dark/Light) MSB: 9
Save DC: 23 (25 Light/Dark) Concentration: +27

Melee Attack

Skills: Diplomacy +21, Heal +6, Intimidate (Sphere) +21, Knowledge Planes +21, Perception +14, Survival +8 Use Magic Device +21

Ongoing Buffs: Animated Shadow (10 Hours), Encompassing Light/Huge (10 minutes), Enchanted Weapon (8 hours)

Mote
HP: 42/42 (6d6+6)
SP: 8/10; 
Fortitude +3, Reflex: +8 (Evasion), Willpower: +6 (Devotion); 
AC: 20 (Touch: 15, Flat: 17); 
CL: 4 (+4 Enhancement) MSB: 6
Save DC: 16 (18 Enhancement) Concentration: +12

Speed 5 ft. Hover*, 30 ft. (avg.); 

"I'd appreciate the spellcraft." Danika says, raising her hand for Eosi, as she invites the group away from the Wall to begin distributing their long-lasting protections. He might be able to bestow his gifts at a range, but she cannot. "Who can't see in the dark? I can grant that. And..." She pauses, weighing her options. The shadows would be useful. But they are frightening. And there will likely be too many innocents to safely use them anyway. It might be better not to worry about the darker half of her powers.

But...

The ship has slipped between the planes.

She'll likely needto bring everything she has to bear against the horrors that lurk between the realms. And a ship that has managed to slide into that place may one day find its way out. That can't be allowed to happen.

If it comes to that, the choice is already made. Her darkness is rarely lethal, just terrifying, choking, cloying...

"Another ward, to protect you from any... spillover. Plus - Mote can enchant weapons and equipment."

Danika makes the rounds, offering Darkvision to those that don't have it, and Clearsight to each member of the team. Biara probably won't need either - if she's being wielded as a weapon. And Danika wouldn't offer it to her either way.

As she makes the rounds, she prepares herself for battle as well. Ghostly plate armour, barely visible and picked out in starlight sourrounds her, shimmering into view as she begins to glow faintly, her already larger-than life presence seeming to expand. Next, she retrieves a black iron lantern with rainbow panes of glass, her shadow swelling up from the ground as she reaches into it to pull the lantern out and hang it from her belt. She shakes her hair loose from the delicate, jewelled pins that held it back - they don't fall to the ground, instead lifting to float around her, orbiting her the same way the Motes do.

Finally, she retrieves an impracatically large sword - longer than she is tall, and wider than her palm at the hilt - from her shadow, resting it over her shoulder. The Motes swarm the blade, making it glow for a moment before they retreat, leaving the plain steel seeming oddly lustrous.

Buffs

Clearsight: Eosi, Olympia, Spark, HE, FL, ME (assuming Lusinga declines?) (6SP)

Danika Specific: Animated Shadow (1SP) Clearsight (1SP), Glory/Encompassing Light (0SP, 10 minutes) Enhance Equipment (1SP/Mote), Deadly Weapon (1SP/Mote)

(My concentration bonus is high enough to get past Burdened Casting (DC25/CL10), since I don't think concentration fails on a Nat 1 - although when I start investing in an Implement that will be a stretch)

Edited by Ratpigeon (see edit history)

health-normal.svg HP: 108/108 || checked-shield.svgAC: 29 || SP: 14/14 || Fort: +7 Ref: +12 Will: +9 || awareness.svg Perception: +13

Olympia looks a little amused as Danika draws her equipment out of her shadow. "Well, there goes my plan to look impressive pulling my weapon out of my bag. Although..."

She turns back to Biara, now that she's returned.. "Eosi tells me you can turn into a weapon? If you'd like a chance to show off that trick, I do tend to actually strike things a bit more often than he does." She chuckles quietly. "I tend to prefer fighting with two weapons, if you don't turn into anything too large for me to use in one hand."

She sets her glass down on a nearby table that's waiting to be cleared, then pulls the long fan out from where it's tucked between the wires around her dress, and snaps it open with a telltale flash of blades. Then she holds her right hand out to Biara. "Fortunately, I do have something for the other hand. Though I do hope you don't get seasick in that form." As much as Olympia spins around in combat, motion sickness would be a bit of a handicap.

She ducks her head to accept a touch from Danika; a quiet chime that seems to emanate from somewhere in Olympia's torso. "Thank you, Danika." She can see in normal darkness, but of course the advantage of being able to see through Danika's magic is still a big help.

spacer.png

Biara cross her arms while staring at Olympia, ignoring..no...dismissing whatever reply the Bitter Titan would give her.

She snort and look away" Eosi know the rules" apparently Olympia failed to meet some key requirement, normally she would end it here to support her master in whatever game he is playing on the clockwork dancer whos just a friend but Biara doesnt like to be left in the dark, like a cat she can become quite spiteful and so explain the rules to the assembled party.

She uncross her arms and raise the thumb of her left hand

"I can only have one owner at a time"

She raise her index finger

"I cant be lent, borrowed or, heavens protect you, stolen"

She raise her middle finger

"whomever kill my owner, become my new owner"

She raise her ring finger

"if my owner willingly gift me to someone, they become my new owner"

She raise her pinky finger

"if lost...or abandoned, the first one who pick me up become my owner, though i can make it as easy or as difficult as i wish"

Biara has a set of rules that she follow with the same devotion paladins have to their codes, it's what make her different from the typical demon, you can trust that she will follow her own rules, these rules are the reason she is here, among the realmwardens and not dead by Eosi's hands, these rules cover how she behave with her owner, how she behave with her foes and, as just explained, how she can change master, considering Biara's many quirks it's possible that Eosi didnt memorize everything she told him, nobody read the instruction manual .

Focusing on Olympia "He is still breathing. You can certainly try to end him, i would defend Eosi and you would lose, but he would spare you, it's...an endearing weakness of him, make life all the more challenging" she speak as if he wasnt standing right next to them, she mix compliments and insults but the lifeminder know she's his greatest fan and most loyal protector.

Basically if Eosi willingly give Biara to Olympia, he will pass the ownership and while nothing stop the party from repeatedly exchanging between each other, it will be always a decision of the current owner, there are no guarantee of return.

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

Sitting atop Lusinga’s shoulder, Spark listens to Biara’s explanation, tilting her head to the side — shifting it the faintest degree with each added word. When Biara finishes, looking pleased with herself at the smug threat she caps at the end of her exposition, Spark interjects.

“Those are your rules, you said?” The diminutive, doll-like fairy pipes up from her perch atop her master’s shoulder. Rules, yes?”

Lusinga, having heard this particular speel before, whispers caution to his familiar. “Spark…”

His familiar, however, presses on, undaunted. Leaning forward, she plants her tiny chin on a tiny fist. “What happens if these rules are broken? You said "heavens protect you," if you were stolen. Would the thief be smote by some divine or demonic force?” Her tiny blue eyes stare at Biara, seeming for all her tiny size like the arms of a scale as she weighs the demoness's response.

Edited by AdellRazh (see edit history)

That... is the sort of speech that is almost guaranteed to give Olympia second thoughts about this. She manages to turn an expression that was going to be horrified into a skeptical one instead, but she still shoots a meaningful glance at Eosi. You could have warned me about this. Good grief, does she actually think of herself like that?

Olympia is not exactly on board with "owning" people. She spent far too long being a possession herself to be comfortable with it, even if she thinks of it as something like a curse Biara is under rather than actually being a slave. But arguing it out here is another thing they don't really have time for. Bringing Eosi to the front lines for the sake of wielding Biara is clearly a bad idea, and while she's been doing her level best not to acknowledge it, she has noticed that Danika is edgy about Biara for what she suspects are different reasons. So unless Hotel Echo wants to try - since all the other Bitter Titans seem to have guns - there aren't a lot of other options for Biara to participate.

"Well, I'm not quite as sure as you are that it would be a foregone conclusion, but it would be a waste of time and trouble." She curtsies to Eosi. "Eosi, if you would...?"

She can't quite bring herself to actually ask for a transfer of ownership out loud. Until she can unwind whatever's going on with Biara, this relationship may involve a fair amount of lying to herself, or at least refusing to let herself think about certain things.

image.png.6b38982a8f7eb21ff086ebf4fc84c4f1.png 

Statblock

HP: 135/135
SP: 33/42
BAB: +9 Initiative: +1
CL: 9 (+1 Dark/Light) MSB: 9
Save DC: 23 (25 Light/Dark) Concentration: +27

Melee Attack

Ongoing Buffs: Animated Shadow (10 Hours), Encompassing Light/Huge (10 minutes), Enchanted Weapon (8 hours)

Mote
HP: 42/42 (6d6+6)
SP: 8/10; 
Fortitude +3, Reflex: +8 (Evasion), Willpower: +6 (Devotion); 
AC: 20 (Touch: 15, Flat: 17); 
CL: 4 (+4 Enhancement) MSB: 6
Save DC: 16 (18 Enhancement) Concentration: +12

Speed 5 ft. Hover*, 30 ft. (avg.); 

"Are we ready to go?" Danika asks, adding her protection to the fourth member of Bitter Titan as they arrive*Clearsight, 1SP. She's ignoring Biara's presence - or at least, pretending to. But Olympia's hesitance catches her attention... she can understand where the clockwork dancer is coming from, that makes her not want to subjugate another construct creature. On the other hand - she worries that Olympia's qualms might lead her to give Biara more freedom of choice than the abyssal weapon deserved. Then again - Eosi hadn't even spoken a harsh word when Biara had casually burned some poor tavern-goer's arm half off, so he might not exactly be a trustworthy warden to keep Biara in check either.

Perhaps she should demand the hellblade be put into her custody, but the thought of touching Biara makes her skin crawl. So for now - she'll watch how Olympia handles it.

As Biara insists on her trite little ritual, Danika begins focusing on the Gateway again. That should give them all enough time to settle matters. The Motes gather in front of her, swarming and blurring in the air. If you look very closely, past the glow, you can see that they move in an intricately choreographed dance, and where each one moves, it pulls back a single thread of reality, unweaving the veil between the worlds to open a gap.

spacer.pngGETE - Core | Crafting | Flexible | Heavy | Infiltration | Medic | Shield | Sniper

STAT BLOCKS

CORE Fort: +6 Ref: +11 Will: +9 awareness.svg Perception: +22 Init: +11 SP: 10/16
FLEXIBLE checked-shield.svgAC: 30 TAC: 19 FF: 23 CMD: 28 Fort: +14 Ref: +15 Will: +12 health-normal.svg HP: 112/112 awareness.svg Perception: +13
HEAVY checked-shield.svgAC: 33 TAC: 11 FF: 32 CMD: 27 Fort: +13 Ref: +10 Will: +11 health-normal.svg HP: 112/112 awareness.svg Perception: +13
MEDIC checked-shield.svgAC: 25 TAC: 13 FF: 23 CMD: 22 Fort: +12 Ref: +10 Will: +8 health-normal.svg HP: 84/84 awareness.svg Perception: +11
SHIELD checked-shield.svgAC: 31 TAC: 17 FF: 24 CMD: 28 Fort: +14 Ref: +15 Will: +12 health-normal.svg HP: 112/112 awareness.svg Perception: +13

A final member of Bitter Titan arrived in the tavern, this one hauling a massive shield with little indication of discomfort or inconvenience, along with a small group of equally faceless figures in drab fatigues. The shield looked to be mostly built out of some sort of advanced polymer, dense and black, but had undergone a rough refit, someone having bolted more steel plates to it. The mercenary was carrying a scaled up version of the already seen revolver that looked like it should be wielded in two hands. Of course, given how little trouble this member of the Bitter Titans was having with that shield, maybe recoil was less of a problem for them.

"All units present," Foxtrot-Lima said, the four mercenaries drawing various weapons and readying them for whatever might be found immediately on the other side of Danika's gate. "First priority is securing intelligence. Maps of the ship, locations of hostile forces, locations of civilians, locations of resources. Bitter Titan assets will deploy first and establish a secure perimeter."

They did not allow for objections or refusal from the rest of the impromptu party. Instead, the four mercenaries stacked up on the gate as though they were about to breach a mundane building. The shield set first, followed by the giant, Foxtrot-Lima, and then the medic.

Edited by Mister Doctor (see edit history)