Intruder (RP; everyone at Cameron's Base - Probably not Linden unless someone invites him)

Papa Bear

Tom suggests the following:

[1] Cameron and Kylie work together to build machines that can replicate her powers, aka: SADS as Security Audio Deterrent Systems (. It would be a special harmonic frequency devices that pre-records Kylie's powers into a series of automated security protocols. Like, Sonic Emitters (both sound and vibrations to pop their ear drums and make them deaf and vibrations to mess with their equilibrium and maybe induce vertigo), Audio Suggestions that function like Hypnotic Suggestions (those audio files people use to hypnotize themselves with affirmations and whatnot), and Deadly Sonic Projectiles that launch sonic blasts to cause serious injuries to internal organs (kind of like how hospitals use dissolve gallstones, but much more powerful to break bones, pop blood vessels and cause internal bleeding). Maybe even use the sonic tech to do echolocation to track intruders.

[2] Robobuddies can help Cameron build and set up the devices around the compound.

[3] Tom wants to reinforce entry points and try and install booby-traps. The apocalyptic scavenger in him wants to do Indiana Jones type temple traps, so someone needs to talk him out of this idea.

[4] Tom wants Kennedy's help in building escape tunnels so if things get really bad they can run and torch the place behind them.

[5] He also wants the Robobuddies to start making junkbots to hide in plain sight and activate the next time they are invaded. These would be drones or battle-bots that go nutz the next time Templars invade. So it isn't just one or two battle-bots, it is a swarm of these drones that pop out of every corner of the property to just charge with buzz-saws, torches, tranquilizer darts, hammers, paint-balls, etc...

Posted (edited)

Good ideas... so, how most of this is accomplished (especially the stuff that 'simulates' powers), is that the group pools Karma points to purchase powers for bases and stuff. Since we are using a dual system of karma and Power Points, I'll have to limit Karma to half when used in the group funds toward buying gear and stuff. One advantage you have is that since the stuff is 'gear', you get free column shifts so ultimately, its cheaper to get than buying the same thing as a power for yourself. Off hand, you'd get +1CS for it being a device and +1CS for being 'immobile' (a part of the base).

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

Very cool, but I think it is up to Kylie and Cameron to work together on this project. So it is really their choice. But I'm down for spending karma on base power upgrades.

Posted (edited)

Yes, One came in and said that Two had transformed and fled as it was shutting down. It was able to get outside of the range of the shutdown signals and was heading up the coast when One came back on line and contacted it. Two has turned around as is heading back to the base. It shouldn't take it too long.

And, of course, Three is rolling around Tom's feet, where it often is.

The Swashbuckler
Health: 150 Karma: 35

image.png.ba7f8fcc6f0f012f75d3f2dd5126736f.pngTom tells Three, "Well ... lets get to work now. Lets start reinforcing entry points and then we can start cleaning up in here. These Templars made a mess in our home."

OoC: He pats Three on the back as he goes to the first entry point he considers to be the most vulnerable.

FASERIP CHART

image.png.7d60f6c38e27eabf80654115292a70cf.png

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

To Linden, can't guarantee safety but this is where we are. Let's meet.

Back to Tom, "I'm not convinced I can counter things via recordings. Even if I could, an oscilloscope can create counter frequencies just like I can. But without me controling counter frequencies we are just guessing the right ones. A computer hooked up to it would probably do as well as anything."

"We have an INVITED guest. I'll go get him."

Aria heads up. Upon seeing Linden, "you have that curio shop."

"Quickly, this way. It's safer inside."

"Linden, if I remember. This is Tom and Kennedy. I think you know Dos. That's Z.... Tres is around here somewhere. "

"And why are we meeting him?" Kennedy asks.

OOC

Kennedy's player knows. I can't remember if Kennedy knows.

Also, while Kennedy's Player really wants to find out if Linden can get the corpse we have to talk, Kennedy herself will be really freaked out if the body starts talking. If Linden 'communes' and she can't hear it talk, Kennedy might stay in the room. If the dead Templar starts talking, Kennedy is out the door.

Posted (edited)

Linden is lead inside the locked gate to the wrecking yard and into the main office. They slip behind a curtain into the 'back' that leads to the garage and further on into the base proper.

OOC: Let's get an Intuition check from Linden to see if he notices any FBI agents tailing him.

Yes, I'm Linden, he says to Aria as she leads him inside. Quite the place you have here...

As he gets to see the others he offers a friendly wave. Nice to meet you all. I'm Linden. He gets right to the point. Much like you all, I am... enhanced, I guess you could say. I've been trying to help, from the sidelines as it were, but recent events have forced me to become more... active.

He takes a pause for some breath, then launches into his explanation. I think you know you were visited by some Templars tonight. You might not know, they have ways of detecting enhanced people like us. They used to use specially bred creatures for this, but they now have some kind of technology to do it. I'm not sure what it looks like, it could be very small like a hand– held device, but they can track us down. What range does it have, how sensitive is it, how does it work and can it be blocked — I don't know that either.

They have no compunctions about killing enhanced people, either. That part is pretty disturbing to me. He takes a quick look around the room. I think this next part could be very useful. The Templar bases and vehicles emit some kind of field that powers their general technology. Maybe that can be shut down when they get near? They had a base in Sovereign City, it was hit by that meteorite, and they are intent on claiming it back from the military. I'm not sure how they'll go about that, but it'll likely be... violent.

OOC

I don't believe Kennedy knows Linden. Tom, I think, has met him before since he bought an item from Linden's shop. I'll have to look that up to be sure, though.

Intuition Check

Intuition (EX): Roll

Name
Roll
1d100 20

15 hours ago, Varuna said:

OOC

I don't believe Kennedy knows Linden. Tom, I think, has met him before since he bought an item from Linden's shop. I'll have to look that up to be sure, though.

Intuition Check

Intuition (EX): Roll1d100 20 20

Kylie bought at the shop

The revelation that The Templars could track them was beyond disheartening. Unless they could figure out how to block it or she couldn't go home. With as fanatical as they were, she wasn't even sure a school full of kids would deter them.

"We should warn the military. I'm know they could become a problem in the future, depending how the political winds blow. But they defend our country and we can't let a bunch of nut jobs do them harm."

"We need Cam. He is the only one who can figure out this power field thing. I doubt I could counter it, certainly not 24 7."

"When Cameron returns from his conference, I will begin working with him on the technology. Now that we have a more specific direction to work, moving forward with uncovering the technology mysteries might provide some insight." One says. Two 'steps up' and beeps something, then performs a kind of salute. "No, Two, you are good at building things. I think it would be better if you worked on defenses, not research." Three's spindly little arm comes out of its chassis and mimics Two's salute (though, the boxy robot doesn't have a head to actually salute from) and also beeps something. "Yes, Three, you should be on patrol. However, upon reviewing your performance logs, most, if not all of the damage to the facility was caused by your missile attack. I propose that going forward you contact Kennedy Roughtrade or Tom-Hawk Swashbuckler when you come upon something suspicious and not act violently unless they give you the go-ahead." Three beeps a question. "Yes, if you cannot contact Kennedy Roughtrade or Tom-Hawk Swashbuckler, you may contact New Friend Linden or Kylie Aria."