Intruder (RP; everyone at Cameron's Base - Probably not Linden unless someone invites him)

Papa Bear

image.jpeg.f968ff1451d37dd516ad120ce15a300a.jpegLinden Olney (Babel)

Linden thinks for a moment, before asking the armor one more thing. Is there a way to defeat the flying vehicles' stealth device? Something like that must be very complicated and difficult to keep in top working order.

image.jpeg.f968ff1451d37dd516ad120ce15a300a.jpegLinden Olney (Babel)

Linden pauses for a moment, taking in what has been said. He knows it must seem strange to the captured Templar, that this odd older gentleman has been mumbling to himself as he studies and prods the fallen armor.

You've been very helpful and I appreciate that. He seems to be speaking to the air, addressing the entire room. Oh, one last thing. How likely is it that the Templars will make another attempt on this location anytime soon?

Having asked his questions and gotten his answers, he leaves the room and goes to find the others. He'll fill them in on all he has learned so far and see where the group stands.

Posted (edited)

-*I wouldn't be surprised if the Templars attack again this very night!*-  The armor replies.

Still under Kylie's 'spell', the Templar Assassin replies, "They will analyze film and the reports and come up with a winning strategy. You probably have a month, maybe more."

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

Kennedy is going to take the prisoner to the army for drop off.

We do need to decide how much of their tech to hand over. Without an active science type, we really cannot do much with it.

If we get NPC Cameron + Robobuddies as analysts, then we should keep some but not all of it.

As a player I am wondering if we should even turn him over to the Army at all. I understand we have no authority to keep the Templar in jail, but in turning him over to the Army we could be giving the Army incentive to turn on us in the future (Days of Future Past style). So what do we do?

[1] We keep him and use him as leverage against the Templars. We have a hostage who can spill the beans on their operation so we turn this into a "60 Minutes" special where we let the world know what the Templar's are doing. The world may already know that superhumans exist so maybe we can warn the superhuman population to band together or form secret cells to defend each other from the Templars.

[2] Return him to the Templar in some hostage exchange for something (information) to help defeat the Templars in the future. Maybe find a way to turn the Templar prisoner into some "drone" for us through Kylie's suggestion power. He could be our "Manchurian Candidate". Maybe bug his equipment with some form of self-replicating nanomachines that will tag along back with him and spread on contact like a machine virus. A bugging device plague that spreads on contact. Just like how the Europeans brought disease to the Americas and contaminated the Indigenous population we could do the same thing just so we can get a GPS location of the Templar base(s) and personnel.

[3] Do both [1] and [2].

[4] Take the Templar to the Army and let them handle this.

[5] Expose ourselves to the world and the Army so that everyone can keep an eye on us and report in real time any retaliation attempts by the Templar or other wicked organizations. If all eyes are on us at all times then anyone wanting to come at us will be exposed. We make ourselves the "official" targets instead of the secret targets we are now. If they are coming for us best we let everyone know so they are always watching out for us. We become celebrities with paparazzis and only fans type style of mega publicity. Anyone wanting to take us out will have to be extra crafty about it. We give us our private status and go full on mega star status.

[6] We go full on SHIELD/HYDRA and create our own super secret spy sect to infiltrate branches of power to hunt the Templars so they can't hunt us without drawing the ire of the organization we have infiltrated. If they are going to come after us them lets go into hiding. Lets hide in positions of power. There is no reason why we can't infiltrate government branches so we just blend into the background. From that background and uses some agencies resources to wage a secret war against the Templars.

I think we are at a good point in our character's stories where we can evolve our heroic style. We are "street heroes" at the moment, and there is still a lot of gaming to be done in that arena, but we have just encountered a real lasting threat to us in the form of the Templars. It might be good for us to change how we operate now. It might be good to leave the "street hero" persona behind and move into a more "clandestine" arena of play. We are too few to take on the Templars one on one. We need allies, but I don't think we can get the ones with the heavy resources we need to battle an organization like the Templars. So we may need to covertly infiltrate one like the US Government so we can have access to resources and manpower beyond what we are currently capable of.

Anyways, those are my suggestions.

2 hours ago, rauhric said:

We keep him and use him as leverage against the Templars.

We do not have a facility to hold him. We cannot feed him, provide him with a latrine. Kennedy will not allow him to be put in a coma to hold him, nor will she allow kidnapping/hostage taking. This is not the sort of things heroes do. As far as I know, he still has his poison tooth because Kennedy has not been convinced to wrench it out of his mouth and none of us are dentists.

Kennedy will haul him to the Army over any protests unless she is provided with a much better reason than hostage negotiations and only if someone can provide safe and secure methods of containment which will not get us in trouble with Amnesty International.

Expose ourselves to the world

Kennedy intends to do this herself as a "test balloon" to see how safe it can be. Just keep getting sidetracked from it.

We go full on SHIELD/HYDRA

If you got the money. Kennedy is still trying to find ways to pay rent.

OK, well I guess we have our solution: Kennedy takes the Templar to the Army.

For Tom's next chapter in his life he will start considering how to create an Alt. ID. Considering he and the Robobuddies watch so much tv it should be that hard for him to figure out. He will remain Tom "the Super" at the apartment complex he works at as his cover ID (he just needs to fix everything with the help of the Robobuddies and make sure its stays fixed for a long, long time so they don't call on him so often). Then try and find some large bureaucratic agency in town that will allow him to weasel his way in so he can start spying on the Templars (or at least access the resources to spy on the Templars). He will invent a new ID and go to work there forging documents and credentials and what not. It is just so he can get his foot into the door and start his snooping work.

I feel this is Tom's next evolution. Street crime is just not going to be of an interest to him anymore when something so monumental like the Templars are hunting supers. He is going into full spy mode now and leaving street avenger behind. Occasionally he will have to play the role of the Swordsman just so it is known that he is still active, but his focus will be tracking down the Templars and their allies.

So his IDs will be Tom Aves "the Apt. Super" and "Everyday Joe" on the street, "the Swashbuckler or the Swordsman" as the public hero already known, and "the Spy" as the snoop hunting down info on the Templars.

Plus, I have been wanting to break out a new costume for sometime now. I will need to work with the Robobuddies for them to build him new disposable spytech to use on missions. Chances are everyone monitoring supers knows the Swordsman's blades and throwing disks by now. The Spy will need to be more clandestine in his work and less showy than the Swordsman.

32 Ninjak ideas | valiant comics, comic art, comics

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)