Jade Talons: OOC Discussion

Aspekt

I also got a natural 20 on the knowledge check. I believe Sarah knows everything about them, but I (the player) don't. Would you mind giving me the info? Sarah will probably share it with the others as she sees fit. I try to fit my combat dialog within 3 to 6 seconds.

I think I'll stick with my original turn, thanks. It's very much in keeping with Tevis's character to spend the turn climbing down to see what's happening and then trying to figure out what he's looking at.

On 3/29/2024 at 10:50 AM, Coruja said:

I already did it from the moment I created a character sheet. I was only able to do that on a PC, because I was failing miserably to do so on mobile.

On this battle, Sarah isn't at point blank range from the enemies. She approached enough for her torch to cast light on them (and she was able to actually see them) and then she halted and fired (and missed miserably, fumbling, jamming and losing the second attack).

I just checked: "A torch burns for 1 hour, providing bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet"

Sarah get up to 30 ft, threw the torch towards the creatures to see them better, and attempted the shots at maximum range for a hand crossbow.

The first creature took its turn and rushed towards her, which is why it's so close.

On 3/29/2024 at 5:52 PM, ResidualRose said:

@scootloops Sorry, I’m very confused…did the round that we already declared our actions not happen? Are we back in the 2nd floor barn loft?

Since I'm coming into this as a fill in, I apologize if I'm missing some of the placement and info. From what I could gather, a few of you went outside the barn and the ghast spotted you, bringing everyone into Inititative. The turn you made before I stepped in I will allow you to keep, or you can "redo" it if you wish. Just let me know.
I apologize I did not realize there was a second floor to the barn, so I've placed you all on the first floor, cause I assumed everyone is awake now.

On 3/29/2024 at 6:34 PM, Coruja said:

I also got a natural 20 on the knowledge check. I believe Sarah knows everything about them, but I (the player) don't. Would you mind giving me the info? Sarah will probably share it with the others as she sees fit. I try to fit my combat dialog within 3 to 6 seconds.

I will post the results of your knowledge check in IC when I can. With the holiday weekend my Monday has gotten really full. I'll try and get back to everything for y'all tomorrow at the latest, but hopefully this evening.

On 4/1/2024 at 6:47 PM, Coruja said:

All is good.

But I just got confused. So if we wish to redo our first turn, we can, and we should also do the second turn too?

Good Question, I'd say no on taking a second turn yet so I can resolve whatever happens with this first round of confusion

@morgan_, will you really risk an Attack of Opportunity? If you move out of Gala's reach like that, it will strike you for sure. Dash is not disengage. And forgive me if I'm being intrusive.

@Coruja Sherrin has the Mobile feat and took a melee attack against the creature, thus no need to disengage to prevent attack of opportunity. I guess I didn't make that explicitly clear in my post.

I've added OOC text to my post.

Edited by morgan_ (see edit history)

Woot! First blood!

...now, please don't shoot the Oni in the back while trying to hit the other ghasts, please! Saya may have Physical Resistance while raging, but she still takes the full emotional damage to her feelings and can suffer the broken trust condition :P

"Grissom makes a mad dash straight for Kagami and goes to bite into her shoulder, but is met only with the hard steel of her armor."

...Wow, that is some terrible luck on "Grissom the Ghast's" part...Kagami only wears like...3 pieces of actual metal, mostly for ceremony and style..nothing actual functional XD

2 hours ago, ResidualRose said:

"Grissom makes a mad dash straight for Kagami and goes to bite into her shoulder, but is met only with the hard steel of her armor."

...Wow, that is some terrible luck on "Grissom the Ghast's" part...Kagami only wears like...3 pieces of actual metal, mostly for ceremony and style..nothing actual functional XD

I couldn’t honestly remember if she wore metal armor or not so I took a chance on some metal being somewhere haha