OOC Chat: Chapter 1 - The Whispering Cairn

bwatford

For the record, I don't think you (Cointhief) were holding anything up. We're kind of in that space/time continuum of a split party made worse by the fact that the site was spam/AI attacked on the Thursday before a long weekend for many.

While the others remained above, Armando handed the torch to Sunny and retreated. Sunny then pressed the red button, sending Armando back up to the chamber to rejoin their companions.

I'm fine doing whatever resolves this the fastest way, but the above wasn't my intended action. Sunny saw the cylinder return on its own before (without pressing the button) so she was letting that natural return carry Armando up. Once he was gone, she would push the button in the hopes of calling the elevator back down for her to use.

27 minutes ago, Cointhief said:

I'm fine doing whatever resolves this the fastest way, but the above wasn't my intended action. Sunny saw the cylinder return on its own before (without pressing the button) so she was letting that natural return carry Armando up. Once he was gone, she would push the button in the hopes of calling the elevator back down for her to use.

Ok, we can run with it that wat, I misunderstood your intention.

The cylinder won't return on its own with Armando inside of it. He would need t step out, then the cylinder goes up. The button recalls it, steps in and it takes him back up. Etc.

So, we will just say that the elevator system has been figured out and we can assume everyone is back up top or down below, whichever way the group was going. That way everyone is back together, and we can continue.

5 hours ago, bwatford said:

Ok, we can run with it that wat, I misunderstood your intention.

The cylinder won't return on its own with Armando inside of it. He would need t step out, then the cylinder goes up. The button recalls it, steps in and it takes him back up. Etc.

So, we will just say that the elevator system has been figured out and we can assume everyone is back up top or down below, whichever way the group was going. That way everyone is back together, and we can continue.

Yay! I hate split parties. I vote we all explore down under, but I'm playing a dwarf

For anyone who may be interested in checking out Advanced 5e Level Up. I have put a listing up for a game. A5e is somewhere between 5e and pf2e so you get quite a few more options that vanilla 5e.  Consider it 5e with some crunch.

Check it out:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/clubs/821-the-world-of-elissar/&do=overview

That's my fear too. I'm already in a few 5e games and at least one PF 1 game at the moment. I already mix all the rules up. Adding another variant sounds like a wonderful idea because I'd like to learn it...but then I'd have to unlearn other stuff.

[He looks to his coughing companions who learned a valuable lesson the hard way.]

This sentence hits a bit funky coming from one of the people who didn't find the trap. "Serves you guys right for trusting me to find the traps."

1 hour ago, Basil_Bottletop said:

[He looks to his coughing companions who learned a valuable lesson the hard way.]

This sentence hits a bit funky coming from one of the people who didn't find the trap. "Serves you guys right for trusting me to find the traps."

I don't understand your definition of funky or how to take your comment, so let me explain Thodin's point of view.

1. He was the only one asking, "Before we put our shoulders against this boulder, have you examined it for traps, pivots, or illusion? It really does look odd here. This should be an open hallway or a finished doorway. Where did the slab come from? Cave ins don't look like a single stone plug, unless it was trap was designed to seal a tunnel."" Because, he knows dungeons are trapped.

2. He recognizes the duality of 1) calling to search for a trap and 2) actually finding a trap, here "Um, let's assume from this point on that every area of this complex is trapped. While I'm not great at discovering my kin's cleverness, I can usually guess where they would put them."

3. This is the lesson learned the hard way. That Thodin was expecting a trap, even if he could not find a trap.

Firehound is dropping from the game. I will DMPC Alatia until we return from the dungeon to make her exit properly make sense

Do you guys want a replacement or are you good as is?