Saloon Chat (OOC)

Laird_Thorne

21 minutes ago, Laird_Thorne said:

Welcome!

It's possible. I see this as a TV Series, where maybe each season or even epsiode has a particular character doing a bit of voice-over narration for what's going on. :) So, in the end everyone is both cast and narrator. :)

(now if someone wanted to join in and set up their own tale to GM/run, I'm game to share this world. :) )

Hehe. I've got an idea or two, buuut I'll save that for when I'm a bit more familiar with both Deadlands and Savage Worlds. Appreciate the offer though!

And hmm... Need to come up with some cool narration for Coro!

Looking forward to playing with y'all! Sorry I haven't gotten Max's backstory up properly yet. I actually didn't log on for the past couple days because I was upset with myself for not finishing in the time frame I said I would >.>

If nothing else I have him codified in some notes I took during my downtime from work, and at this point it's only a matter of translating it to the screen, which I should be able to do tomorrow, at which point I can also get his first post up.

Did we want to decide if anyone was traveling together ahead of time? My intention was Max was on his own, probably trying to keep ahead of any angry townsfolk from his myriad of snake oil scams, but I'm open to changing that

18 minutes ago, Lwmons said:

Looking forward to playing with y'all! Sorry I haven't gotten Max's backstory up properly yet. I actually didn't log on for the past couple days because I was upset with myself for not finishing in the time frame I said I would >.>

If nothing else I have him codified in some notes I took during my downtime from work, and at this point it's only a matter of translating it to the screen, which I should be able to do tomorrow, at which point I can also get his first post up.

Did we want to decide if anyone was traveling together ahead of time? My intention was Max was on his own, probably trying to keep ahead of any angry townsfolk from his myriad of snake oil scams, but I'm open to changing that

Coro's backstory makes it unlikely she met anyone much before the IC started, so I didn't pursue that further myself. Most of this party were more East Coast based, currently heading West. Coro's from Washington and was travelling the other way prior to the IC.

Technically she could've met Atticus, he's been travelling all over the place... but she also could've fought Atticus. ;) I don't mind, but that's something I'd leave more in @mmmfish's court - possible, open to it, but not a priority to me personally. Ditto for you Lwmons: not looking to talk you outta having Max solo, but if you wanted to change that, I'm also open.

Sorry for the late reply! Hectic weekend with work and all. As for knowing folk, I'm perfectly comfortable with Atticus knowing folk, either in passing or whatever level might make sense for the interaction. I'd rather any previous engagements were, at worst, neutral but I'd prefer friendly if that's possible, we are all working together after all.

I've been studying up on thesaurus.com in preparation to write Max's dialogue and hoo-boy, I think I've given this character a verbal tic that I'm going to loathe. I could technically change it since he hasn't actually spoken yet, but I really like this gimmick conceptually, and think it'll make for some fun moments. Just someone please point to this in the future if I ever complain because I've done this to myself.

As I've introduced Max, I'm assuming that he hasn't met anyone yet, though that can easily be changed as others introduce themselves. Maybe he sold you a bottle of snake oil in the past and you have a bone to pick with him. He's traveled quite far and wide through the country, he's bound to have shown up in at least a few of your home towns :p

Edited by Lwmons (see edit history)

10 hours ago, mmmfish said:

Sorry for the late reply! Hectic weekend with work and all. As for knowing folk, I'm perfectly comfortable with Atticus knowing folk, either in passing or whatever level might make sense for the interaction. I'd rather any previous engagements were, at worst, neutral but I'd prefer friendly if that's possible, we are all working together after all.

I completely understand, no biggie since things are moving fairly slowly.

10 hours ago, mmmfish said:

Unrelated and possibly a silly question, is the starter in a train job an individual thing? Or are we all being interacted with at the same time?

Mostly individual as he hears about the new folks in town. However, if a couple folks wanted to combine it I'm fine with that. :)

6 hours ago, Lwmons said:

I've been studying up on thesaurus.com in preparation to write Max's dialogue and hoo-boy, I think I've given this character a verbal tic that I'm going to loathe. I could technically change it since he hasn't actually spoken yet, but I really like this gimmick conceptually, and think it'll make for some fun moments. Just someone please point to this in the future if I ever complain because I've done this to myself.

As I've introduced Max, I'm assuming that he hasn't met anyone yet, though that can easily be changed as others introduce themselves. Maybe he sold you a bottle of snake oil in the past and you have a bone to pick with him. He's traveled quite far and wide through the country, he's bound to have shown up in at least a few of your home towns :p

Been there, done that myself. lol Dig my own hole for a character as it were. :)

My apologies! I had a medical issue with the wife last week, and it carried through yesterday. :( (She's diabetic, and her sugar level low put her in the near coma 3 times in 5 days, one of which required the Paramedics to bring her back around. Doctor yesterday ended up dropping one of her meds completely and cutting one in quarter (from 2000mg a day to 500).

I'll get caught up and move things along ASAP.

No worries. Definitely have your focus there on that. Diabetic issues like that are very scary when it happens. Fingers crossed they get her meds right so you all don't have to keep having issues and figure out what changed that threw things off in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 8:41 PM, mmmfish said:

Sorry for the long wait, it's been a hectic week!

My apologies as well. It's been a longer week for me than normal. Things are more relaxed now.

New post is up too. :)

Bit of scramble everywhere I guess. Down to the wire in the next 3-4 weeks on two home sales and 3 moves out of that. Hang in there with me folks.