Marqued Letters (main OOC)

dalamb

@dalamb For those of us not so interested in religiously following all the minutiae of rule changes on a day by day basis, it would be useful if you would post an announcement for anything major that you feel likely to affect many people who have already made their characters.

3 hours ago, Lord Foul said:

@dalamb For those of us not so interested in religiously following all the minutiae of rule changes on a day by day basis, it would be useful if you would post an announcement for anything major that you feel likely to affect many people who have already made their characters.

To be fair, he's already trying to do that and there are so many applications going on, you are asking him to do more work. It only takes a couple of minutes to check the changes thread or answered questions thread. Since the applications deadline has 10 days left. Just make what you plan to make and adjust closer to closing time.

Plus I am sure there will be more adjustments when players are selected to balance things out.

The worst thing that can happen is that dalamb gets overloaded by all of this. There's alot to track and alot to organise. Let's not put more on his plate.

Any rules changes can be surmised at a later date and since most people will want to be playing, changing a few things with your character probably won't be a deal-breaker (and if it is, then some-one else will get to play - no shortage of applications)

13 hours ago, TheBard101 said:

I agree. I've seen several games die because the DM was overwhelmed in the application process.

The worst that would happen, I hope, is that I would decide to extend the application deadline because some people have been blocked by my delaying essential character-specific posting because of all the questions. I'm not worried about the short term. My new life "schedule" is taking a while to get used to; I'm finding a new balance between family obligations, other real-world tasks, and gaming. For example, today has an hour of meeting with people in MS Teams, an hour or hour-and-a-half of errands (both in valuable prime higher-brainpower time), and another two hours off stuff originally scheduled for today that my new-found flexibility let me reschedule for a less busy day.

As many of you know, the long term is less certain because of past history of having to drop out - but at least 90% of that was work stress and health issues that were usually stress-related.

So, if you have an interview thread is there something specific we need to do besides just rp with the captain?

I am a patient person but don't want to miss an opportunity because I missed a clue. Lol