Marqued Letters (main OOC)

dalamb

In my case I've had quite a hiatus from 3.5. Got burnt out on it and hadn't opened a book in the best part of 5 years. Had one advert remind me I could still find something fun here and been very happy now to revisit it along with a bunch of people I've always enjoyed their on-line company.

Anyone else paying a stupid amount of gold to make fluff items?

His cloak can cast Minor Image 1/day just so he can see his lady's image when he's talking to her during his nightly musings. His mount has a Hand of the Mage to be able to smack people upside the head without killing them (and, probably, open doors, give the middle finger, important stuff...).

1 hour ago, TheBard101 said:

Anyone else paying a stupid amount of gold to make fluff items?

His cloak can cast Minor Image 1/day just so he can see his lady's image when he's talking to her during his nightly musings. His mount has a Hand of the Mage to be able to smack people upside the head without killing them (and, probably, open doors, give the middle finger, important stuff...).

Not purely fluff, but 4k gold and a dip into Craft (paintings) for Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments! DMG, p. 263.

Per backstory, they were a gift, but I'm assuming I have to pay the gold. :)

Edited by Sundust (see edit history)

It's becoming tricky keeping the Purple Dolphin thread on a coherent narrative. People keep misreading who is upstairs and who is downstairs, and throwing in new stuff that just doesn't fit properly. Can I suggest that everyone takes the time to recap on others' posts before making structural alterations like this?

@Nameless Void I'm going to roll with your latest move and try to move us all into the same place, as your idea looks like a lot of fun. Doesn't appear that Thorvald wants to chat right now anyway.

@Lord Foul has a great suggestion, and I think I recall others doing it. I don't want to cramp anyone's style; there are several options. In Garth's responses I have just said "when X does Y" which is kind of minimal but perhaps understandable. Some have quoted part of the message they are replying to, which I think gives you a link back to the full post.

I hadn't anticipated an upstairs/downstairs split; mea culpa. Would it make sense to have two threads, one for each of the two locales? Or would that be equally confusing? I'm Ok with either, so it's mostly up to whatever responses get posted by the time I get around to it, possibly later today.

Priorities for the day - but bear in mind I've been pretty consistent in not getting to everything I hoped to do.

1. Family time (some chauffeuring soon, some breaks during the day, and suppertime onwards)
  2. In-character posts.
  3. Character threads.
  4. Everything else.

22 hours ago, Lord Foul said:

It's becoming tricky keeping the Purple Dolphin thread on a coherent narrative. People keep misreading who is upstairs and who is downstairs, and throwing in new stuff that just doesn't fit properly. Can I suggest that everyone takes the time to recap on others' posts before making structural alterations like this?

Meh, just embrace the chaos. (We discover that this inn has inbuilt distorsions in the space-time continuum - somehow I'm reminded the Inn at the end of the world, in the Sandman series... even though it's completely different.)

Many/Most of us knew it would be like that, I think.

16 hours ago, dalamb said:

While I was upstairs my hip glitched and I am thus done with the desktop for at least a few hours. Sorry.

No need to apologize!! Best of luck

Edited by namo (see edit history)

1 hour ago, namo said:

Meh, just embrace the chaos.

I guess this is part of what this whole IC thing is supposed to tell dalamb. Personally I think it makes the game run smoother if everyone keeps track of eachother's movements to keep things consistent, but I get that, especially in this setting, that might be considered overly managed. Still, it wouldn't tell dalamb much if we act differently here than we would in the actual game

Edited by Arbuthnott (see edit history)

To clarify, I did not incite anyone to stoke chaos on purpose 😅; it was more about papering over some small issues. (After all, there are like 10+ interviews taking place both one after the other and in parallel with the scenes...)

Personally, I don't think pre-game IC is representative of true IC, since there's a competitive edge to it and it's overcrowded (hence my dislike of it, but I'm playing the game because the campaign is worth it 🤩). So I don't think someone's mistakes are necessarily reflective of what they would do in another setting.

And by the way, I say all this even though I was not even a target of Lord Foul's comment (to my knowledge). 😁

This post was brought to you by an affiliate of the Dorian Smiley Corporation. 😉

3 hours ago, dalamb said:

While I was upstairs my hip glitched and I am thus done with the desktop for at least a few hours. Sorry.

Ouch, take your time getting better. Joint pain is nothing to sneeze at.

3 hours ago, dalamb said:

Ugh, I know the feeling. If I don't take a constant supply of ibuprophin, it hurts soo much to walk after doing yard work, that I hobble about and even my feet hurt under the pressure of walking with weight on my heels. Especially after waking up after a short nap.

See you when you get back to feeling better.

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)