Marqued Letters (main OOC)

dalamb

Come to the stage and join the raucous singing of sea shanties and drinking songs! If you don't know the song, I even list it so you can look it up and join the torture fun I put my own family through every year!

There are still unresolved rules questions, and proposals for changes to recently-made rules decisions, but with the current application deadline only a week away, I'm already getting reminded that some characters require more input from me before the player can even begin to write the kind of background they had been hoping to craft. So I really have to put rules changes aside for a while and work through lore, character thread, and IC posts.

I'm having a restless night (as you might guess from the timing of this post) so may lose the morning, and the afternoon is full of errands. However, I hope to spend a good chunk of the weekend on things other than rules.

I am thinking of extending the deadline by 3 days, to Monday March 18, because of my delays in getting back to people about their characters. Does anyone have a problem with that?

Not at all, but you can cut off new applications as you choose and work through things as feasible dalamb. I'm sure nobody will have any issue with you needing longer than the deadline to make a decision on final party selection and give people a bit more time as required to work up their apps.

Edited by Thramzorean (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Avaday Daydream said:

@dalamb, I think there's several posts in the IC waiting for Garth's responses (including one of mine); Lastanor (fishy cloaked guy), Kit (sneaky gnome), Khan (return of the kobold quartermaster!), and Erika (a proper lady).

I haven't touched the IC threads in too many days; sorry. I think I have to make that my priority for the next few days, along with reviewing whatever individuals have asked me in their character threads or a few private emails.

Yep I know that feeling when you can't sleep.

Delaying deadline is fine, but there are oodles of applicants at this rate. Like, wow. This game got a lot of interest and then some. There's probably no need for the ad anymore.

I'm ok with the deadline delay!

Also, we aren't all in the interview at the same time while yet in the interview at the same time. So, our raucous singing can be before or after the interview. Who said that had to be the end of the fun?

5 hours ago, rorytheromulan said:

Yep I know that feeling when you can't sleep.

Delaying deadline is fine, but there are oodles of applicants at this rate. Like, wow. This game got a lot of interest and then some. There's probably no need for the ad anymore.

3.5 games always have tons of applicants because some of us never want to move past that. I am in a 5e game IRL and I really don't care for it. hehe

Games that start above level 1 are at a premium on this site. Many of us that have place for decades are tired of lowbie games. I've made hundreds of level 1 characters and the games rarely go anywhere. So you'll have applicants just for the chance to play a higher level.

Gestalt games always bring in tons of attention because they're so rare and let you play out builds that are almost impossible otherwise.

Our DM just put together the trifecta of attention gathering games. LOL

I guess I'm an attention hog. 😀

My plans have changed: I got enough sleep after all, and have managed to arrange to move some appointments to next week. So I am hoping to be able to do more work on this game today than I expected last night, and that will make me feel better about progress.

18 hours ago, TheBard101 said:

3.5 games always have tons of applicants because some of us never want to move past that. I am in a 5e game IRL and I really don't care for it. hehe

Games that start above level 1 are at a premium on this site. Many of us that have place for decades are tired of lowbie games. I've made hundreds of level 1 characters and the games rarely go anywhere. So you'll have applicants just for the chance to play a higher level.

Gestalt games always bring in tons of attention because they're so rare and let you play out builds that are almost impossible otherwise.

Our DM just put together the trifecta of attention gathering games. LOL

I second the part about lowbie games. It really is nice to see a game starting at a level other than 1. Defining features for some classes don't become available until later levels.