Marqued Letters (main OOC)

dalamb

Swamped possibly. It would be nice to see "got some interview posts up today, goodnight" in case all of his posts were for private threads. But he did say RL tasks got him too. Balancing that + health, let's not worry too much unless Saturday rolls by with no word.

@dalamb Good to hear you're doing better!

Out of curiosity, have you thought about simplifying the recruitment from here on out? It's obviously your call, but for instance do you need all interviews completed before making the decision?

My point is that, since you don't have much time, and recruitment is not necessarily the more fulfilling part for a DM (though maybe some will disagree!), to sustain your motivation and the overall momentum it might be a good idea to jump to selection now; then your available time, as you said, would be enough to run the game. Or said otherwise, we don't want you burnt out before the game even starts (I've seen it happen, especially with ambitious campaigns with lots of applicants like this one).

Best of luck to you, whatever you decide. 🙂

Edited by namo (see edit history)

I'm not here to tell anyone how to run their games, and the whole "interview" thing has obvious benefits... but yeah, it's a load of work, so that comes as no surprise. That's why people normally leave the pregame threads just to run by themselves - which is of course one of the things that some of us greatly dislike about them, so the interviews IMO are a step up... but they're are a lot of work.

I'll see about tapping something up tonight before bed time. But those who want to continue with the pregame RP might want to have our characters migrate to a similar space so that there are more chances to jump in and play off one another.