Marqued Letters (main OOC)

dalamb

7 hours ago, KellyCat said:

I'll see about tapping something up tonight before bed time. But those who want to continue with the pregame RP might want to have our characters migrate to a similar space so that there are more chances to jump in and play off one another.

Well, Lastanor's in the process of migrating to an adjacent bathhouse/pool/something, so if anyone wants to go swimming with sharks in the water that's an option.

Alternatively, if you want to invoke Chandler's Law, have Yosemite Sam burst through the door with a cutlass in hand.

I'm starting to empathize with dalamb a little... writing that last post I actually tried to research an appropriate officers to crew ratio of a ship the size of the Swift Vengeance. Yay for historical accuracy?

1 hour ago, KellyCat said:

I'm starting to empathize with dalamb a little... writing that last post I actually tried to research an appropriate officers to crew ratio of a ship the size of the Swift Vengeance. Yay for historical accuracy?

I dunno about historical accuracy, but according to Stormwrack, an elven wingship can comfortably sustain a complement of 30 crew/passengers/soldiers, and requires a minimum crew of 5 at a time to operate smoothly. If you assume that there's three crews of 6 (5 plus a spare) on 8-hour shifts each, 25-35 seems like a pretty good estimate.

I'm happy to host a wresting competition, but only if there's anybody interested. If not, dalamb probably has plenty to go on for judging each of us, so the pressure's eased up somewhat.

I'm happy to keep responding to anybody who engages with me IC, but I have little motivation to keep instigating until we learn whether this game is actually going to happen, or if the DM has been forced to give up on it for real-life reasons.

If that's the case, well, it was fun building a high-level character and playing around a bit with you folks. I learned a lot from it. ☺️