Pre-Game Discussion

cailano

6 hours ago, Sellsword said:

Can never have too many sleep spells, unless we run into a bunch of undead. I'm sure we won't run into too many of those in the underground tombs and burial mounds...right?

I know a Magician, Paladin, and Warlock that would agree with this statement.

10 hours ago, Sellsword said:

Can never have too many sleep spells, unless we run into a bunch of undead. I'm sure we won't run into too many of those in the underground tombs and burial mounds...right?

I don’t see anything in the recruitment or art style that would suggest it. I think you’re okay.

Agreed. I'm sure this will be a pretty laid back, empathetic campaign focused on role-play growth alone.

For example, my girl has a long-standing desire to own her own pastry shop. Fingers crossed no monsters get in the way of her culinary dreams. :)

9 hours ago, cailano said:

I don’t see anything in the recruitment or art style that would suggest it. I think you’re okay.

I had Oriel pick up x2 flasks of Holy Water. Just in case OK => TEOTWAWKI: Undead Style. 🧛‍♂️

10 days rations was too rich for my girl's blood. Maybe they'll sell her a slice of bread early on in exchange for her last gold coin and then she'll get some hunting in before the undead rip her to shreds. :)

Maybe this is a silly question, but how do you attach roll results to your posts? Can you see the results before submitting a post, or do you need to submit then edit the results back in?

12 minutes ago, Gnaws said:

Maybe this is a silly question, but how do you attach roll results to your posts? Can you see the results before submitting a post, or do you need to submit then edit the results back in?

1. start a post and submit it
  2. then go to that post and toggle the dice roller panel in the upper right corner
  3. that opens the dice roller ... thingy. Most folks seem to prefer the "Table entry" choice.
  4. once you make your rolls, you can then edit the post text to incorporate the result
Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Gnaws said:

It's a little weird, but as of right now you can't attach rolls until after you post. What I do is post something like "WIP" and then you click the little dice button in the post you just did. That allows you to add rolls. More on the Dice Tower here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/articles.html/articles/dice-tower-r10/

You can also inline dice while composing a post, by hitting the dice button in the editor:

Like so

It functionally the same as using the tower, so IMO there's no real advantage to it over using the tower and editing the roll results into the content later.

Name
Like so
7; 13
3d6;1d20 [2,4,1]; [2,4,1,13]

Appreciate the tips, all 3 of you! I probably won't end up throwing a character in here since there's already plenty of submissions and I don't want to steal a spot someone else is excited for, but I appreciate the explanation all the same <3

As someone who literally hadn't ever rolled dice here at the new MW until a couple days ago in anticipation for this game, I have to admit that I haven't done posting then editing and adding rolls; instead, I've just clicked that little dice button right above where I'm typing right now and then posted everything all at once. I'm not sure if that's the right way to do it, but it has worked so far, so I'm not going to fight it unless folks tell me I'm screwing it up in some way I'm unaware of. haha

I kinda feel like we’re all still learning the new system, in a way. For me it’s a steep learning curve, but then I’m kinda just now coming back to the site to spend some time with it.