What're ya buyin'?

• 2 weeks later...

Love it. Lessee… recent geeky purchases.

1. Got the starter decks for Sorcery: Contested Realm. Haven’t played them yet.
  2. Got a copy of Mythras at the GM Day Sale at DriveThru
  3. Kickstarted Gods of the Forbidden North Vol 2. Ordered case bound, offset print copies of both vol 1 and vol 2. Basically a Xmas present to myself because they don’t ship until December.

I'll join in. I'm pretty thrifty, so I don't buy much, but I did, finally, get a new computer. I last bought a computer in 2014, so it was time. That one isn't so bad, but having trouble with some newer games. Since it is still a very serviceable laptop, I went back to a desktop for my new PC this time. Not liking Windows 11 so far, but I just hate change.

I also bought Marvel's Midnight Suns on sale.

I'm thinking about upgrading our gaming laptop to something in the "under $1,000 but still much better than what we have now" range. It's for my daughter. I promise. 😁 I too am not a fan of Windows 11 . . . or change. Not sure when I'll bite on that.

I also need a better light for my camera. I can usually borrow the one from work when I travel, but there are better lights out there than the one we have. Arrowhead makes a "SANE LITE" that is pretty standard and well-reviewed. I'm going to wait until the next job comes along to pull the trigger on that.

You guys shouldn't be too hard on yourselves. I work in tech, I love playing with new computers, and I look forward to technological change. That said, I still hate Windows 11. It's a borked, bloatware-ridden tragedy of an operating system. And I don't hate on Windows in general. My contempt is reserved for the latest iteration.

12 hours ago, cailano said:

You guys shouldn't be too hard on yourselves. I work in tech, I love playing with new computers, and I look forward to technological change. That said, I still hate Windows 11. It's a borked, bloatware-ridden tragedy of an operating system. And I don't hate on Windows in general. My contempt is reserved for the latest iteration.

So as usual, skip every other generation of Windows and wait for 12.

just bought a new camera as I flooded the old one while on a diving trip (salt water and electronics don't really mix). As the housing didn't cost much to repair (just some new electronics), I had to get the exact same body and lens (that too got flooded).

I've also just backed the Cats of Maui expansion for Pugmire.