Looking to get back into dnd 4e

kurzio

I've GMed 4e for two full 1-30s and lots of other shorter things. Unbalance never really was an issue. If you have abusive players, I guess yes (I do remember that guy with a suspicious Tiefling Monk/Paladin who wielded a short sword only because his STR was unsufficient to *carry* a long sword...). But yes, getting everybody on the same rulebase could be an issue.

I'm totally in, whatever form it takes unless a VTT I can't run. I can't offer to GM right now, but if no-one volunteers...

• 1 month later...

I do miss dnd4, but the game advertisement page is brutally honest, people like dnd5 while the previous edition has been abandoned(i also miss star wars saga edition, that too has disappeared from the radar)

However there is a campaign i'd like to run, my dnd4 is a bit rusted, i need to refresh my memory of the rules 😅 but is there sufficient interest in this edition?

As gm I'm sort of indifferent to essentials, i perceive them as a downgrade but im not against them, in general i'm very liberal with the mechanical aspects(build what you want) but strict with the fluff aspect (build what you want, but describe/paint it in a way that fit the setting)

For example, i had a campaign where the players faction had only arcane magic and only of elemental type, no divine,psionic, primal stuff, this didnt limit access to classes/powers but the players had to refluff them to fit the setting, i also had the reverse, with the players belonging to a faction that had only divine magic, the party druid ended up being a priestess.

Okay, that's good to know. I only played with Essentials once and that was making a fey pact Hexblade Warlock. My other experiences where using the main books and one subclass from Heroes of Shadows.