The Tavern - General OOC

cailano

"Don't yuck my yum," is practically a chanted mantra around my house with my three kids, especially around dinnertime. You just brought a huge smile to my face with that one, Malkavian. Thank you for that. :)

And speaking of which, I'm loving how you guys incorporated your Hero Forge minis into your posts. I can just picture the table top with those minis and some scenery. Great vibe for the game.

26 minutes ago, cailano said:

I read some posts about formatting in the main OOC thread and I think you guys format your posts very well. No complaints at all from me. They're clear and easy to read.

But it did remind me of the posts this guy has been making. Have you seen those? Crazy stuff.

Bwatford is legendary with those formats. Steal his undivided party coin card post for sure.

Yeah, that dude's on another level. I've never gamed with Bwatford, but I've seen his contributions over the years and he really does seem to be pretty astonishingly dedicated to MW and its continued improvement. Can't ask for much more than that from a site member, I suppose!

As a web designer i can say that bwatford knows what he's doing, but Most of the time i find his work to be unhelpful and generally just not that great/innovative (shhh don't tell him). He doesn't think about negative space much, it Seems.

I'm doing something similar for my Star Wars game. You can see all the art for NPCs you've met along with a short write-up about how you met them and what has happened by interacting with you. I do the same for places (easier with whole planets / ships). It's also a nice way to remind myself who's there and how they act.

barrowmaze_outline.png.db3fe0cc79995c7c6e4ef187d2bfa508.pngThe Barrowmaze PDF is, unfortunately (and kind of inexcusably), shipped without bookmarks. That's a big miss in a 260-page document that needs to be cross-referenced constantly.

So, I got a PDF editor and added a full outline (outline is the correct term for the bookmarks "built-in" to PDFs.)

It took a bit of doing, but I've got every entry key in the dungeon linked, as well as all the illustrations, an A-Z list of new monsters, and all the random tables.

It's a 10x more usable version of the original.

I left a message for the author on DrivethruRPG explaining that I'd happily send him a copy of this version for him to distribute to his customers instead of the original.

Who knows? Maybe he'll take me up on it.

1 hour ago, cailano said:

barrowmaze_outline.png.db3fe0cc79995c7c6e4ef187d2bfa508.pngThe Barrowmaze PDF is, unfortunately (and kind of inexcusably), shipped without bookmarks. That's a big miss in a 260-page document that needs to be cross-referenced constantly.

So, I got a PDF editor and added a full outline (outline is the correct term for the bookmarks "built-in" to PDFs.)

It took a bit of doing, but I've got every entry key in the dungeon linked, as well as all the illustrations, an A-Z list of new monsters, and all the random tables.

It's a 10x more usable version of the original.

I left a message for the author on DrivethruRPG explaining that I'd happily send him a copy of this version for him to distribute to his customers instead of the original.

Who knows? Maybe he'll take me up on it.

Hey did the Guild Master not want to answer my question about tools needed to open any of the mounds