Barrowmaze - OOC

cailano

On 3/20/2024 at 2:24 PM, Excior said:

we should in my opinion buy a pack mule and 2 of each tomb entry tools we need so we all can work and have a spare the pack mule is to carry the extra gear and treasure.

@cailano how would a mule fare in the marshland of the Barrow Mounds? I think a party pack mule is a good idea if it isn't going to get stuck in the swampy land. I got the below from everyone's inventory listed on their character sheet.

Tool Table
Character Strength Shovel (5GP/2#) Sledgehammer (5GP/X#) Hammer (3GP/2#) Crowbar (2GP/10#) Pickaxe (4GP/7#)
Tharnakalian 16     X X X
Allen 15          
Zaivie 14          
Cyrus 14 X X      
Thomas 14 X     X  
Black Dougal 8          
Serpe 6          

Edited by LarsWester (see edit history)

26 minutes ago, LarsWester said:

Thomas spent from his own supply for a silk rope and a padlock. I wanted an in game reason for his improving lockpicking skill and a lighter option for rope. I had no problem with spending out his own pocket. I don't think Thomas is going to have too many expenses unless we get into things like poisons and potions but I didn't see anything about magical items being available for purchase in Helix. In the future Thomas will likely be up for losing some coin gambling with the fighters of the group so that they can get into some better AC armor more quickly.

Dougal is on board with this as well! I don't have a lot of extra coin, about 20 gold or so, but if any of the warriors need an armor upgrade and if my coin will help achieve it, count me in!

7 minutes ago, Excior said:

if the GM will allow it this is from the Armor and Shields basic fantasy supplement

image.png.3babf423667951ad602eecb60dc65a1c.png

All of those types and more are listed in the Equipment Emporium which is linked under the accepted sources in the Rules thread.

The EE also include a Brigandine Cost 80GP Weight 30 AC15 and a Banded Mail Cost 200GP Weight 35 AC16 options.

29 minutes ago, LarsWester said:

All of those types and more are listed in the Equipment Emporium which is linked under the accepted sources in the Rules thread.

The EE also include a Brigandine Cost 80GP Weight 30 AC15 and a Banded Mail Cost 200GP Weight 35 AC16 options.

I will have to check it out, I missed that in the rules thread.

1 hour ago, Excior said:

I forgot does that 2 gp also include meals?

Looking back at cailano's OG post on pg 1 of Barrowmaze OOC, the 2GP includes meals. And some drink!

"However, it will cost 2gp per night to stay at the Brazen Strumpet from here on out. That's just for basic food, a mug or two of ale, and space in the common room. If you want private accommodations or anything in addition to the basics, it will cost you. "

4 minutes ago, Ephkabey said:

Looking back at cailano's OG post on pg 1 of Barrowmaze OOC, the 2GP includes meals. And some drink!

"However, it will cost 2gp per night to stay at the Brazen Strumpet from here on out. That's just for basic food, a mug or two of ale, and space in the common room. If you want private accommodations or anything in addition to the basics, it will cost you. "

thanks!

Zaivie will absolutely be happy to sleep in the common room if that's what two gold gets her.

She isn't even that drunk; she's just kinda like this, I guess. Honestly, she's (quite unexpectedly for me) one of the happiest, most optimistic PCs I've ever played! :)

Edited by Raistlinmc (see edit history)

1 hour ago, LarsWester said:

@cailano said XP for gold returned to Helix not for simply found. Everyone should have another 37XP from their share.

That's correct! And you still get the 20% bonus for being human.

1 hour ago, Raistlinmc said:

Zaivie will absolutely be happy to sleep in the common room if that's what two gold gets her.

She isn't even that drunk; she's just kinda like this, I guess. Honestly, she's (quite unexpectedly for me) one of the happiest, most optimistic PCs I've ever played! :)

Having a sunny disposition and a low INT score is the key to happiness.

On the wizard tower I think save it for a later date. Two in character and one out of character reason to hold off for now.

First as expressed in character Thomas (and I) would like to hit both covered burial mounds tomorrow. All the rival adventuring parties has me worried there's a clock on these mounds such that what is currently covered may be uncovered by another party if we dally.

Second there's a chance we uncover even more questions for the wizard tomorrow at either of the two or three mounds.

Third is an out of character reason. Several players have mentioned their plan to make a mage if their first PC were to die. Visiting Mr. Magnificent would be a great entry point for a mage PC. Tackling two more burial mounds tomorrow provides a nonzero chance that there will be an apprentice mage visiting Mr. Magnificent open for adventuring when the survivors approach him with questions.

Edited by LarsWester (see edit history)