Barrowmaze - OOC

cailano

Welcome to Barrowmaze! This is the thread for all game-related OOC posts. Need to ask for a ruling or have questions about using your player levels? This is the thread. Non-game-related posts go in The Tavern.

The price of the wagon and last night's stay at the inn are all assumed in your starting gold, so there is no need to deduct anything.

However, it will cost 2gp per night to stay at the Brazen Strumpet from here on out. That's just for basic food, a mug or two of ale, and space in the common room. If you want private accommodations or anything in addition to the basics, it will cost you.

current cash situation indicates that leaving at first light and living like all too literal murderhoboes is prudent. But yeah, also out of coin effectively. and in any case, 2gp/day is extortionate. if my pc gets gold but ends up incapable of adventuring he's starting an inn...

Re: Dates and the Calendar

As Gygax once said, you can't have a meaningful campaign without time records. So, we will have them here.

The game begins in early summer. I'll add the date to the top of posts sometimes so that you can keep track of when something occurs.

Much as Tolkien did for Middle Earth, I will use common names for months and days. Tuesday, June 26th, for instance. This is not to suggest that these names are actually used in the Duchy of Aerik, as they are not. It is a translation made for the purposes of convenience.

The year is 1183, as measured by the King's Reckoning (KR.)

Game-related question for you, @cailano. I know that we're new to town and that we're already a pretty sizeable group, but is there any prohibition on recruiting any of the poorly-armed locals to join us on our quest with the promise of a share of the loot? I know you mentioned previously that charisma shouldn't be an automatic dump stat, just wasn't sure if we were at a point now where hirelings would be welcomed this early.

41 minutes ago, cailano said:

You guys can try to hire anyone you'd like. In fact, you may have to. You have no idea where the Barrow Mounds are.

you should roll some zero level DCC guys for that lol.

I figured that to start we are good and soon we will have a character die and the new character can possibly be a magic user. I figured if no character dies soon than we have a decent enough party dynamic to survive for a bit. Magic User's are pretty useless until later levels anyway so could benefit from a higher player level start.

I tend to agree with Lars, though I wouldn't argue with anyone changing their PC up this early on; folks should always play what they want to play.

My guess is magic users will show up in our party in this game and so will other races and classes if you give this group long enough together. :)

Edited by Raistlinmc (see edit history)

I agree lets let the dice fall where they may and perhaps pick up a magic user at a later date. we might can even hire one

as far as gold goes I rolled something like 130 and bought my gear and ended up with 2 GP left.