Barrowmaze - OOC

cailano

Real name is Dave Larson but way back around the turn of the century the family name used to be Westerwick. So my username is a blend of Larson and Westerwick. And actually the name of my first character on PbP which was a d20 Wheel of Time noble called Lars Wester back in '03. Are people on MW discord server?

I think I lost track of Tharnakalian. He's still in the tavern with the rest of us right. I think he is the only one who hasn't commented about going to the Shrine.

I got him and our other fighter confused. He suggested the shrine. We have 5 (Serpe, Lancaster, Allen, Mr. T. and Thomas) on board for leaving the tavern and heading to the Shrine. Then at least some to the Merc Guild now that our former Merc is on board with a visit.

Edited by LarsWester (see edit history)

4 hours ago, LarsWester said:

@cailano Do you think that there's a chance that Zaivie and Dougal just happen to catch the rest of us as we leave the tavern to head to the Shrine? Yay! Reunited party and no one died.

It didn't work out that way but the next scene will likely reconnect the group.

15 hours ago, cailano said:

Updated Rival Adventuring Parties with the name of the Outriders of Ulek and the Bastards of Bogtown.

And now Thomas is in character bringing up that we need our own name eventually.

@cailano Regarding the caravan gig, is it 20 gold per person, or 20 gold total? If it's 20 gold total, we'd basically be taking on the job for a night's stay at the inn after it's divided up, that hardly seems worth it. If it's 20 gold each, that could put us up in relative comfort for a while and might be a worthwhile endeavor.

I'll go along with whatever the group wants to do, but caravan work isn't particularly heroic. I'd love to secure a guide ASAP (whether it's the boy, his father, or paying out to the merc guild for the contact) and head to the Barrowmounds.

56 minutes ago, Sellsword said:

@cailano Regarding the caravan gig, is it 20 gold per person, or 20 gold total?

Thought it said 30. You're right it was 20. That's 3 gold and change....eah it's not really a ton. I was More thinking about it being likely less full of doom than going straight into the moor. Maybe hey some exp under our belts if possible.

@cailano I don't recall how it's done; is bfrpg using treasure as exp? And if so, is it only found gold or does being paid in good count too?

Honestly, I just figured that it wouldn't be a terrible idea for our level 1 meatbags to gain some experience and maybe hit level two before descending into the dungeon proper. The caravan is guaranteed money, three days of food and a chance to kill some bandits along the way; in Zaivie's mind, that's a helluva good combination.

It's 20 gold total. Caravan guards don't get paid a whole lot per job. They can scrape by if they work steadily and they aren't staying at inns all the time, especially not those that are price gouging due to a glut of adventurers.

BFRPG has gold for xp as an optional rule. I don't normally like that system but because Barrowmaze was written for Labyrinth Lord it assumes xp for gold, so I figured we'd better use it for this campaign.

Speaking of which, can I get a volunteer to be party treasurer? Your job will be to track the total treasure the party retrieves on a per-expedition basis.

XP for gold is only awarded if you bring the gold back to a place of safety. In many cases that will be Helix.

It's not just gold. Any treasure that can be converted to gold also has an XP value. If you sell magic items, you get xp for whatever you can sell them for.