Barrowmaze - OOC

cailano

3 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Am i there only one who actually saved some cash? Lol

You aren't the only one! I tried to save ~30% for unexpected expenses. =D

Regarding the lack of a magic-user, I'd agree that their usefulness is niche at low-level.

I try to remember that living costs money, so I also try to save like a third of my money.

If the 4 fighters situation matters, I plan on Cyrus being an archer first and foremost, but he can fall back on melee when necessary. But I can also totes go with a magic-user and hope to not die for awhile. Though, I guess having a more consistently useful character early on would help for when we can bring in a competent magic-user.

Screw it, I'm sticking with an archer unless someone can talk me out of it lol.

I'd keep the archer. Thomas is a slinger with a trident for up close scuffles. I wanted a weapon that could rest in the crook of the arm feeding stones in the sling. I also built around subdual damage and entanglement. But I would appreciate a fighter in rear ranks.

Edited by LarsWester (see edit history)

You can do as you like but I’ll have to bounce around with my responses. Believe me, it won’t be the first time it’s happened.

The biggest slow down with the group splitting up is often the players though, because everyone ends up waiting for someone who is slow to finish their scene. So, if you’re anticipating a lower post rate on a given week, probably stay with the group in that case.

Understood! Will try to keep things moving, and if there's a hang-up for some reason, will bring everything back around to the group. For the moment, just trying to meet as many people and explore the town as much as possible, and seems like divide & conquer might be a good way to do that.

1 hour ago, LarsWester said:

@Malkavian Grin do you have a preferred shortened name? MG or Grin or Malk? Anyhoo stealing your IC post format. I didn't know you could do collapsible popup windows like that.

Call me whatever, I'll figure it out 😉 many people prefer Grin or Mal because it's short. You can call me Sylvia if you feel like you'll remember lmao.

No worries about stealing the format. Highest form of compliment haha. I'm a web designer by trade so this stuff is easy-peasy for me. You should see my character sheets for Vampire games... I go a lil crazy on them.

I'm Jason! Always helps to put a real name to a username, makes things feel a little less anonymous.

Been gaming for a long time, have played every edition of D&D and many other games in between. Definitely a fan of the OSR, and I love that it has made the older editions more accessible. Looking forward to getting slaughtered with you all!