Barrowmaze - OOC

cailano

As far as gold you get paid, that counts for xp, too. So you're guaranteed around 3 or 4 xp each for the caravan job, lol.

Spoiler Alert: my intention is to award bonus xp in the low levels the first time you guys do something. So you'd get a little something there. My theory is that first-level characters are fairly clueless about how to go about adventuring, so almost everything they see is a learning opportunity. Even hanging out with caravan guards.

Thanks Sellsword! Appreciate you volunteering there.

As for the caravan, I'm just hopeful someone tries to rob us along the way so we can get free food, some built-up reputation and maybe even some loot out of this. And, in three days, we're back where we started and can head to the Barrows if we like. Not a bad deal, really.

1 minute ago, Raistlinmc said:

Thanks Sellsword! Appreciate you volunteering there.

As for the caravan, I'm just hopeful someone tries to rob us along the way so we can get free food, some built-up reputation and maybe even some loot out of this. And, in three days, we're back where we started and can head to the Barrows if we like. Not a bad deal, really.

That's like 3 to 4 weeks pbp

5 hours ago, Excior said:

That's like 3 to 4 weeks pbp

Ok the way I look at this caravan job is either A) nothing happens and we get some coins and it takes maybe only a few posts from each of us.

B) something happens and we have a combat scenarion with bandits or a rival adventuring parrty or we get mobbed by skeletons crossing the moor. Either way this could take some time to work out pbp style but it wouldn't be too much different then the barrow mounds.

I am up for whatever. I think Thomas wants the bigger prize but would go along with the caravan idea.

We're going to be here awhile, guys. It's a sandbox game and you've got a lot of options but I promise it's not a game that's going to evaporate in a month. Heck, I think I spent three months just getting it ready to start recruitment. You've got time.

I understand all of that, I just think we would be better served going to the mounds, we all should have some iron rations or normal rations I have two blankets I can share one of them with anybody who does not have one. sleeping on the ground headed toward the mounds is more lucrative in my opinion.

You say we all should have those rations, Excior, but we all don't. Zaivie, at least, does not. So she can't just tough it out by sleeping on the ground, as you suggested, because she'd starve currently. Her choices are about her own hunger and survival right now, not about what's more lucrative.

1 hour ago, Raistlinmc said:

You say we all should have those rations, Excior, but we all don't. Zaivie, at least, does not. So she can't just tough it out by sleeping on the ground, as you suggested, because she'd starve currently. Her choices are about her own hunger and survival right now, not about what's more lucrative.

We can share rations as I've suggested everybody puts something in the pot. Bam food for all.

Bertran's Brigands need to be added to the rival adventuring parties thread.

Also some Caravan Thoughts.

Pros:

Guaranteed pay

Reputation boost with mercenary guild

Exploration of further areas of the map. This is a sandbox game rather than just a dungeon delve so never know when familiarity with another settlement might be beneficial.

Possible easy first encounter

In character reasons for Zaivie (poverty)

Cons:

Delayed dungeon delving

In character reasons for Allen Blackhawk (personal goals - no orders anymore)

Low risk low reward in comparison to the barrow mounds

Less exciting than dungeon delving perhaps

Perhaps if we get a guide tonight in game they may not be available upon our return.

I really don't have a dog in this fight. I think I'd enjoy the mounds more than caravan but have no objections to the caravan idea.

Edited by LarsWester (see edit history)

I would rather talk to the kid and see how long it will take to get to the mounds.

If he can take us the next day my PC will try and go at that time, he will hope some of you will go with him.

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

Also just asking as it seems it may go this way. @cailano are you good with a party split between caravan and barrow mounds or is that too great a plot deviation to deal with? Almost two campaign parties at that point. I think the biggest difficulty would be reunification as the in-game time would probably be much shorter in the barrows than in the caravan group and anyone taking that path might have to wait for months of real life to pass before the barrows team caught up in-game time with the caravan group. Right now it sounds like we have the following preferences.

Caravan Duty: Zaivie, Cyrus, Tharnakalian and Serpe

Barrows: Allen, Dougal and Thomas

Thomas doesn't feel great about going to the barrows with only Dougal and Allen and would probably jump to team Caravan Duty if the four above committed to that path.