Barrowmaze - OOC

cailano

@cailano Is training by a higher level of your class required to level up (an if so, is gold required?), or are we doing an instantaneous level up once a character crosses the xp threshold?

2 hours ago, Sellsword said:

OOC: If someone else has a bit of rope they'll lend, Dougal will tie a secure knot so that the backup rope reaches all the way to the floor. If not, he will go ahead and secure the rope, but it'll be dangling about 10 feet from the floor. Better than nothing, I suppose...

Thomas tied his 50' silk rope to Dougal's.

On 5/3/2024 at 6:42 PM, LarsWester said:

He calls up to those above. "It is clear down here." He climbs up the rope he climbed down to tie his own rope to Dougal's to allow two people to descend at once.

GM how safe did that tripod and block and tackle set up look? Black Dugal also secured his rope to a pillar and tossed it down correct? I probably will not be able to post today so please don't advance too far if you can help it.

I don't think we advanced out of the landing room yet except possibly Dougal? We still need Cyrus to come down the ropes. We all mentioned in character the need to stick together so I think we are waiting on that. You good with Allen taking up rank 2 opposite Thomas?

I tinkered with Marching order a little due to light sources all being on the left side of the marching order. Figured we could split that up. I think this works with Tharnakalian being rear guard.

FYI we have three light sources currently two lanterns and a torch. I assume that Serpe is going to start making a map for us all.

Edited by LarsWester (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, LarsWester said:

I don't think we advanced out of the landing room yet except possibly Dougal? We still need Cyrus to come down the ropes. We all mentioned in character the need to stick together so I think we are waiting on that. You good with Allen taking up rank 2 opposite Thomas?

I tinkered with Marching order a little due to light sources all being on the left side of the marching order. Figured we could split that up. I think this works with Tharnakalian being rear guard.

FYI we have three light sources currently two lanterns and a torch. I assume that Serpe is going to start making a map for us all.

rank 2 next to Thomas is acceptable.

Serpe will start mapping and probably extinguish his lantern once we start moving. He was mostly just using it to examine the entry room. Having a backup running isn't a bad idea in case something happens to Allen suddenly, which is more probable now; but in the interest of maxing our oil out...it's probably better to save it until we know more about what we're dealing with inside the maze.

Per the BFRPG rules (pg 12, lantern), a flask of oil lasts 18+1d6 turns, with a turn being 10 minutes (pg 42), so each lasts just over three hours. Serpe has 5 flasks, Allen has 7 and I believe Dougal has some...as well as a few others probably. The oil itself is useful for tracking time, of course, especially in the event that the group is not going to be spending the night in the dungeon - in which case we'd want to head back to the entrance probably after 1.5 flasks (I'm assuming it's mid-morning now), or perhaps 2 flasks if we're willing to cut it closer to dark.

Should we decide to stay in the dungeon, we probably have close to 2 days worth of oil on us assuming we're burning the whole time.

19 minutes ago, Ephkabey said:

Serpe will start mapping and probably extinguish his lantern once we start moving. He was mostly just using it to examine the entry room. Having a backup running isn't a bad idea in case something happens to Allen suddenly, which is more probable now; but in the interest of maxing our oil out...it's probably better to save it until we know more about what we're dealing with inside the maze.

Per the BFRPG rules (pg 12, lantern), a flask of oil lasts 18+1d6 turns, with a turn being 10 minutes (pg 42), so each lasts just over three hours. Serpe has 5 flasks, Allen has 7 and I believe Dougal has some...as well as a few others probably. The oil itself is useful for tracking time, of course, especially in the event that the group is not going to be spending the night in the dungeon - in which case we'd want to head back to the entrance probably after 1.5 flasks (I'm assuming it's mid-morning now), or perhaps 2 flasks if we're willing to cut it closer to dark.

Should we decide to stay in the dungeon, we probably have close to 2 days worth of oil on us assuming we're burning the whole time.

I will have you know that I am confident my 18 AC will hold out for now but I want to invest in some plate mail if we do find a hoard down here soon lol.

7 hours ago, Ephkabey said:

Awesome, I was going to ask you guys to update the marching order. You're ahead of the game.

So: torches 1 hour. Let's be optimistic and say lanterns last four hours to make it easier to track.