Barrowmaze - OOC

cailano

2 minutes ago, Excior said:

standard hall size unless other wise noted is 10 feet?

Correct. It should say that on the map. 1 square = 10 feet.

Rather than creating a new table, I just posted the standard Turn Undead table from the BFRPG core rules and noted the -2 cumulative penalty.

I also made note of a setting rule indicated in the Barrowmaze campaign book: Clerics of 8th level or higher may also attempt to turn infernal creatures such as demons and devils.

One more clarification before I update IC: Per BFRPG rules, characters in non-magical metal armor and carrying normal gear have a movement rate of 20 feet.

During dungeon exploration, you move 3x your standard move rate per turn. You only move as fast as the slowest characters in your group.

So, when you tell me you are moving in a particular direction, I will assume you are moving the full 60 feet unless you run into something.

This tactic worked in a convention game I was part of once. Close the door!

Then we can douse the floor outside the door with lamp oil, open the door and ignite the pool. Rats can run through flame to get us while someone can shoot into the room. Thoughts?

Or we can just rig one of these up outside the door...

image.png.76d00cb06b11747577991eb024f01c65.png

21 minutes ago, Sellsword said:

This tactic worked in a convention game I was part of once. Close the door!

Then we can douse the floor outside the door with lamp oil, open the door and ignite the pool. Rats can run through flame to get us while someone can shoot into the room. Thoughts?

Or we can just rig one of these up outside the door...

image.png.76d00cb06b11747577991eb024f01c65.png

I believe they won't run through the flames; instead, they'll likely wait until the flames die out before attempting to exit. My suggestion is for him to close the door, step to the side, and then, once we're all in position, open the door. This way, we can take advantage of the bottleneck provided by the door way and attack them as they enter the hall.

I'm happy with the bottleneck approach. It worked for the 300 a couple thousand years ago, so hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

That said, I am intrigued by the giant block of cheese trap. Never thought of that one before. :)

Internet has been down all morning, will try and get a post up after lunch I was right behind BD when all this went down so if you need to post before I can GM Allen will take up a position beside the door to help slay the rats when they come though

18 hours ago, Sellsword said:

I thought the doors opened inward?

Okay, so I've recovered from my moment of inexplicable stupidity (I swear I will no longer post before coffee in the morning), and I've recovered some sanity points.

The vast majority of doors in Barrowmaze open inward. Assume that's the case unless I go crazy again indicate otherwise.

The rat door is an exception only because of all the posts that have gone into it.

I've deleted all the posts on this issue to reduce confusion.

Sorry about all that.