Barrowmaze - OOC

cailano

17 hours ago, cailano said:

Hmm. I don't want to be the cause of excessive bookkeeping. Maybe we can just keep track of who has the light while you're underground?

We can resolve other stuff randomly as needed. Obviously, a character would have whats on their sheet, but if someone falls down that bottomless pit I might make a couple of rolls to see what else they happened to have one them, and only if it makes sense.

I'm good with that if you guys are, or you can keep handling it explicitly. I don't want to put a requirement in place that makes the game less fun.

I'm good with this. I think keeping track of the light source at this point. If anything else needs to be tracked let me know.

Edited by LarsWester (see edit history)

No, no, Cyrus is just wondering if this was the bad crowd his mother warned him about, or if he's overreacting. I'm playing him as a bumpkin that talks a big game but hasn't experienced much. Nothing is meant maliciously. 😊

2 hours ago, matt_s said:

Any look like dwarves from where we stand?

Maybe. You're far enough away that at least one could be a dwarf or maybe someone standing downhill. You could get a better view up close, but that also increases the chance that they could spot you.

Quick question: I want to get a Hide roll for Black Dougal associated with his latest action. Would you guys rather I ask for that roll when necessary or just make it for you? I'm okay either way.

If I roll, that is obviously faster, but some players like to roll their own dice.

Let me know! For now, I need a roll from Black Dougal at +30% thanks to the mist and high grass.

from my perspective, the only thing would be making sure players understand IC that what they are doing has a meaningful risk of failure. Here it's fairly obvious from your comment about "you'd need to sneak closer" and so on. Same goes for "I try to pick the lock" and "I try to forge the manuscript". But "I try to climb the rock wall" then a GM roll of failure and then severe injury, that could be a misread of how hard climbing that wall was in the first place.

But generally I cannot fault you or anyone else for making pbp run faster. Friction is bad.

Okay, I will go the route of reducing friction then. If you ever think you might need a roll, you are welcome to add it to your post. In the worst-case scenario, I'll just ignore it.

If there are modifiers to the roll, I can always add them afterward.

I'm totally good with you making rolls on my behalf, especially for thief skills when I wouldn't necessarily know if I have succeeded. I assumed that a move silently roll would be needed, wasn't sure about hide (given the fog). In any case, here you go!

Name
Hide (40%)
1d100 66

we (or rather Dougal) found the dwarf! How much of this do we see? I figure that the details not really, but can we tell that Dougal has been spotted?