Barrowmaze - OOC

cailano

Just now, LarsWester said:

@cailano how should we be accounting for rations while staying at the Strumpet are we consuming half rations since we get food included in our 2 GP a night? Should it be no or full rations?

You get breakfast and dinner at the Strumpet, and it's easy to survive on that. No rations are required unless your group doesn't feel like skipping lunch.

57 minutes ago, LarsWester said:

I know Thomas suggested leaving the 3' tall Amphorae until we had a mule and cart.

I think we agreed about doing a share for party goods. So we have 8 1/4 shares to split 90 GP.

Party Share and each PC = 10GP and 9SP (13 XP with human bonus)

Tamson = 2GP and 8SP

If you're sure, I'll go ahead and update the exp thread at some point today Or tomorrow. At work right now.

51 minutes ago, cailano said:

You'd love the machine learning class I'm taking then...

Ahhh yes machine code. Took that in college after c++ and visual basic and the like. Neat stuff but a little too obtuse for the 21st century. There's a reason we made compilers lol.

3 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Ahhh yes machine code. Took that in college after c++ and visual basic and the like. Neat stuff but a little too obtuse for the 21st century. There's a reason we made compilers lol.

No, this is different—AI stuff like neural networks, gradient descent, etc.

any ideas for good party fund buys?

maybe a mirror to peek around corners (25gp), hand drill (10gp), holy water (10gp/vial). Do we already have thieve's tools? other options are retainers and stuff like pack animals

14 hours ago, matt_s said:

any ideas for good party fund buys?

maybe a mirror to peek around corners (25gp), hand drill (10gp), holy water (10gp/vial). Do we already have thieve's tools? other options are retainers and stuff like pack animals

Thomas has a small metal mirror and thieves picks and tools. Hard to say no to a holy hand grenade of Antioch though. Oh wait might have garble together two items there. I am good with Hand Drill and Holy Water but also fine with saving up for better armor for whichever fighter lasts long enough to wear it. Thomas is pretty set up with his items but might consider buying a hand drill with his own coins.

Ideas for tomorrow.

Swing by Mr. Mags place

Check out the mound where Bertrand's Brigands were at to see if they made it past the strange door. (Mound 7).

Check some of the other known mounds:

Mounds 2, 4 and 10 are sealed mounds so just a bust in job.

Mound 8 is covered so would require some excavation.

Mound 12 is plundered already but might be some missed stuff there.

My vote is to swing by Mr. Mags and then hit up mound 10 to keep us far from the Bertrand's Brigands for now. Depending on time check out Mound 12.

Do we want to keep Tamson with us as a guide or do we leave him at home?

Edited by LarsWester (see edit history)

I love the idea of keeping some distance from Bertrand's Brigands. I don't think we're ready to pick that fight just yet.

As for Tamson, I'm of two minds--I don't think we need him any more so we'd be more profitable without him, but I also don't want him working for others. The Barrowmoors, especially the mounds closest to Helix, can quickly become a crowded place. Taking a resource off the table for competitors seems smart. I think the cost of having him come along is worth it for now, but it's not a hill I'm prepared to die on if others feel differently.

I think we can manage without Tamson at this point as far as pure directions go, but if the fog rolls in or if we get into trouble and need to send a runner back to town for help, he's not a bad little dude to have around. I'll gladly vote however the majority of the party votes on whether to continue having him as our guide.