Barrowmaze - OOC

cailano

15 minutes ago, LarsWester said:

Thomas.PNG.27c6461ee7d33253283c0b6725a507bd.PNG

HP 5/5 | AC 16 | Base To Hit +1 | Stats | Saves | Thieves Abilities | Bullets/Silver x20/5

"Taycee you serve the best cup in town. I'll take two of them just as quick as you're able." When Taycee leaves the table to fetch the drinks Thomas continues "So a tie it is Zaivie which means we both still got as good a shot as any. What's Black Dougal up to with those Brigands folk. Might want to keep an eye on that situation. Everyone have fun but stay alert."

Trying to make it so that if anyone gets killed, it's just me! 😉

@cailano Does the bowyer have any stock beyond what's listed in the book? (edit: Oh wait there's lots of Basic Fantasy books I downloaded)

Or perhaps I could start paying them to work on a mastercrafted weapon for me or something? "You missed a payment so your piece will collect dust for a week. Sorry." lol

I see all the OOC posts and I'm going to take each of them up as best I can. One challenge is that they all happen on different time scales. For instance, BD's exchange with Bertrand might only take a few moments, while Tharnakalian heading to Karg's smithy might take a couple of minutes. I'll do my best.

4 hours ago, cailano said:

Tharnakalian

A few minutes after you leave Dougal to complete negotiations with Bertrand, you arrive at The Axe and Anvil, Karg Barrelgut's shop.

Inside, you find Karg deep in conversation with a young dwarf, who jumps when you enter. Karg settles him down and then crosses to you.

"Ah! You come for the shield, heh? I have it. Karg Barrelgut keeps his word! You bring back Gern, this good. Smart idea, you talk to Bertrand instead of getting killed. Maybe even you smart enough to get rich out in the Barrowmoor instead of dead, heh?"

It seems highly unlikely that Dougal arranged Gern's release before you could walk here from the Strumpet.

Am I reading this wrong I thought Gern was the young dwarf in this post?

huh I didn't connect those dots because i'm dumb. that's... interesting.

what better way to RP a low int character than to not revise my own IRL mistakes though lol...

All part of a team effort!

If nothing else, the potential dissension caused in Bertrand's ranks is worth the 10 gold I lost. Plus it's a favorable outcome for Gern, we earn some reputation with Karg (even if we weren't directly responsible for Gern's release). It's a net win for us all. My pride can take a little beating.