Barrowmaze Part One: The Barrowmoor

cailano

Thomas.PNG.27c6461ee7d33253283c0b6725a507bd.PNG

HP 5/5 | AC 16 | Base To Hit +1 | Stats | Saves | Thieves Abilities | Bullets/Silver x20/5

Back in front of the isolating wizard's tower Thomas read the sign posted and commented. "With the telescope up top I wonder if Mr. Magnificent isn't noxious. You know like owls. Sleeping during the day but awake and about at night."

Later on the barrow mounds when Tamson signaled for silence Thomas tried to look around for a place to hide to launch a surprise attack on the scorpions if they came after the group. He also took some quiet steps back as the other party members retreated following Tamson's suggestion.

image.png.06fd47ef5ad4defaf62a64a5804ac912.png

"If the path to us is that narrow, we could also unhitch the wagon and use it as another barrier to funnel their approach. I won't be so optimistic as to think we can block it completely, but as Zaivie wisely pointed out if we can limit their approach to one at a time, will increase our chances of dealing with them, I'd think."

Dougal pulls a few strips of cloth from his bag, getting ready to stuff them into the flasks as wicks. "Keep a torch handy, if you would please!"

Screenshot2024-02-26172632-150.png.e47863f7d5bc949ed98d29671fcc9e61.png"My aim isn't anything to write home about...but a flame, I can handle. I've got you covered, Dougal." Pulling out a torch and working to light it, Serpe prepares himself for the signal to begin the group's assault.

image.png.c1959066e0680bb9347bc314305da59d.pngMoving back with their guide Allen suggests " Why don't we pour oil on the ground and light it as they cross?" He looks to Black Dugal " If BD hits one of them with that thing they will ignite the oil on the ground as well perhaps that will drive them off."

OOC: sorry for such a short post but I wanted to include something for today.

Tamson has your group move about fifty feet back. So far, the scorpions either haven't noticed you or aren't interested in you.

"Those things are deadly," Tamson says. "Their shells are tough, and one sting is enough to kill a man. If we start shooting at them, we should be far away and try not to miss. Or, we can just wait them out. If they aren't hungry and don't feel threatened they'll probably leave us alone. I don't know what fire will do but it could work, I guess."

spacer.png

HP 6/6 | AC 13 | To Hit +1 | Stats | Saves | Arrows x25

The group quietly stepped back from the massive insects and began to talk about still engaging them.

"I dunno about all of you but I for one don't feel like being killed by giant scorpions today. You fight, I'll start running..."

"Oh, tha's good ta know. Don' worry, boys; when th' fightin' starts, our resident archer is plannin' on runnin' fer them hills, leavin' us ta die on th' end o' one o' them stingers. Makes ya feel all warm'n'squishy inside, don't it?" Zaivie whispers, dripping with sarcasm.

image.png.06fd47ef5ad4defaf62a64a5804ac912.png

"I won't argue against discretion, as Cyrus says. Forgive my eagerness, it's more a desire to get to the mounds than harass some scorpions." Dougal will keep his flasks ready in case there is a decision to fight them or try to drive them off, but won't press the matter if discretion is indeed the better part of valor.

HP 5/5 | AC 16 | Base To Hit +1 | Stats | Saves | Thieves Abilities | Bullets/Silver x20/5

Happy that most in the group seem to be taking a wait and see approach Thomas whispers to Tamson. "How fast are those things? Can we outrun them? I think if we truly got to the point where only one could attack us I'd feel much better about our odds of taking them on.

After you wait for about twenty minutes, the scorpions finish picking their meal clean and disappear into the marsh.

It's about 1:00 in the afternoon. What do you do?

Thomas stands up. "Thank good Gods that was uneventful. We should go see what those beasts left behind. Their lunch might have been carrying some loot from the graves." Thomas moves quietly up to the victim of the Giant Scorpions to see if they left anything inedible behind. He also attempts to discern from the remains if they were human, dwarf or elf.