General Thread

12 minutes ago, Excior said:

I was hoping to let one of them pos first then I can reveal what I know more dramatically ( I think lol)

the other captives are they so far gone that killing them now would be a service to them?

Given that play by post is what it is, you might just go into the explanation now. And yes to that second question. It would be a mercy for them to end their torment.

31 minutes ago, roryb said:

Given that play by post is what it is, you might just go into the explanation now. And yes to that second question. It would be a mercy for them to end their torment.

ok I will work up a post over the weekend ( Hopefully)

8 minutes ago, Excior said:

ok I will work up a post over the weekend ( Hopefully)

No worries. Gives others a chance to post too.

37 minutes ago, Dybrar said:

@roryb Starting with this post you show Tikina as being at 5 LB, but as far as I can tell she took no damage during the encounter. Just a copy-and-paste error, maybe?

I think so. I’ll correct my last post to make sure it doesn’t repeat going forward. And that’s a note for everyone. Don’t trust my numbers…

I assume I'd be using the Mind attribute for that prospective Thief roll, rather than Agility? And what about my thieves' tools? I have to admit I am not entirely sure how they could be useful in looking for a hidden trigger.

12 hours ago, Sir Lazeabout said:

Hmm... I hate to say this, but I think I was down 5 LP, not just 2? I got bitten twice, and I was at 8 LP when I saw you roll a 3 on damage.

You are right! See how I can't be trusted with numbers and such? You wouldn't want me as your tax accountant. So that means a total of 5 damage, 2.5 returned (rounded to 3) + 1 for his physician career. Back to 9. I've updated my last post.

1 hour ago, Dybrar said:

I assume I'd be using the Mind attribute for that prospective Thief roll, rather than Agility? And what about my thieves' tools? I have to admit I am not entirely sure how they could be useful in looking for a hidden trigger.

Sure, your choice is mostly tied to your description. So if keenness and observational skills are part of it, then Mind makes the most sense. For thieves' tools, you can go wild. Perhaps she has some sort of tiny ball ping hammer made of silver which helps resonate against hollow structures. Who knows? If you can come up with an interesting tool, describe it to get that benefit. I'm not picky provided its not some sort of atomic powered x-ray device.

2 hours ago, Excior said:

Can we see how those Slorths gained entry into the chamber?

Does Jouka have any idea where is gear is? weapons at least

There are several sealed bolt holes around the perimeter of the room with firmly closed doors that shut after the slorths (slorths! say that three times fast) entered.

Jouka's masters would never permit him to have his weapons there, but he remembers passing an armory along the main corridor inside the palace. There he can find whatever best suits him in any size or whatever.

5 hours ago, Excior said:

Sorry for the slow posting rate, I had a long weekend. I will get a post out this afternoon. I need to get some gear.

No worries. I'm trveling today, so I'll post either tomorrow or very late tonight.