General Thread

1 hour ago, Excior said:

BLUEGIANT.jpg.990c76ff8267cbc65e4718c39b8f462c.jpg

The rumble of hidden machinery abruptly interrupted Jouka's reverie and communion with his gods. Great bronze doors slammed shut, their echoes reverberating throughout the complex. In the darkness, the blue giant's steel restraints clanked ominously. Just as he was about to speak, movement caught his eye. Turning, he saw the Slorth advancing upon the intruders.

"Watch out," he warned, "A Slorth advances on you. It is the guardian and tormentor of this room."

For the first time in a very long time, Jouka felt a surge of hope. Perhaps they were here to help him escape. Standing to his full height, towering over those in the room except for the Slorth, the skywatcher wrapped his arms around the great chains that held his arms. He looked toward the skies that were surely someplace above his head.

"Gods of the sky, hear my plea," he cried out, "Grant Jouka your servant the strength to burst my bounds and help those who have come to help me!"

OOC:

Not sure how this works but I would like to burn a FATE point to have the gods give him enough supernatural strength to help him burst the chains that bind him.

Go ahead and roll Initiative to determine order. That's 2d6 + Mind + Initiative. You're trying to beat 9.

You can go ahead and roll to break the chains. I'll make it a Formidable (-6) task. That's nearly impossible. Fortunately, Jouka has some things at his disposal. He's got friggin 4 for strength! He still has to roll a natural 11 or better. I'll allow invoking Hurm to rally his strength by burning one of his Fate Points (or four dice if you want to burn 2 Fate at once). So, he'll be rolling 3 dice and taking the best two. If he fails that, you can spend a Hero Point for Favor of the Gods (re-roll) and still take the best 2 of 3 dice. It's still a tall order, but not impossible.

3 hours ago, Sir Lazeabout said:

I think I'll declare full defense for this round while moving towards the new guy. ^.^;

Noted!

7 minutes ago, roryb said:

Go ahead and roll Initiative to determine order. That's 2d6 + Mind + Initiative. You're trying to beat 9.

You can go ahead and roll to break the chains. I'll make it a Formidable (-6) task. That's nearly impossible. Fortunately, Jouka has some things at his disposal. He's got friggin 4 for strength! He still has to roll a natural 11 or better. I'll allow invoking Hurm to rally his strength by burning one of his Fate Points (or four dice if you want to burn 2 Fate at once). So, he'll be rolling 3 dice and taking the best two. If he fails that, you can spend a Hero Point for Favor of the Gods (re-roll) and still take the best 2 of 3 dice. It's still a tall order, but not impossible.

you want me to put all of that in the post I just made or a new one?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Excior said:

you want me to put all of that in the post I just made or a new one?

Sure, put the rolls in your first post. Edit as needed.

And Tiki gets initiative. If Jouka’s might proves insufficient to break the chains, the locks are simple enough Tikina can pick them without a penalty.

Edited by roryb (see edit history)

19 hours ago, roryb said:

I want to make an impression here so I will burn both of my fate points for this feat of strength on the dice roll thread I will roll 3d6 and take the best two?

How convenient that Asara said she would keep Tikina safe… only for Tikina to end up all alone in the scary half of the initiative block. 😛

On 4/2/2024 at 11:42 PM, roryb said:

the locks are simple enough Tikina can pick them without a penalty.

This merely means it's a Moderate difficulty task, right? I will still have to roll?

3 minutes ago, Dybrar said:

How convenient that Asara said she would keep Tikina safe… only for Tikina to end up all alone in the scary half of the initiative block. 😛

This merely means it's a Moderate difficulty task, right? I will still have to roll?

First part...I won't require initiative to declare the positioning you have all specified. We can assume Asara and Balathu stand between Jouka/Tikina and the slorth.

Correct on the difficulty and roll.