General Thread

Getting some stuff ported over. Hopefully I can kick off the play thread tomorrow, and if time, a little recap so far.

4 hours ago, Dybrar said:

Well, here I am. Using a stolen character sheet template, granted, but… eh. 😛

Welcome! Nice work on the character sheet. I had forgotten about milord. Is he with you during the current action?

Would it be uncool/cheap/a cop-out to say that he is circling somewhere overhead in a holding pattern, as it were, ready to be called down if required? 😗

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Dybrar said:

Would it be uncool/cheap/a cop-out to say that he is circling somewhere overhead in a holding pattern, as it were, ready to be called down if required? 😗

Not at all!

And sorry, everyone, I didn’t get a thread going yesterday. I’ll have time today. And we may have another player wanting to join.

Edited by roryb (see edit history)

23 hours ago, roryb said:

Play threads are up. We may have a blue giant joining us in the near future…

Speaking of that, what rules set are we using? I have the Mythic Edition

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

While we're waiting for others to post, I must say that BoL is still one of my favorite rpgs. I think I first found it in 2005 or 2006, which is longer than I played AD&D 2e. Kind of amazing for me, personally. I don't care if it's one of the free early versions without traits, or the current one. I sprang for the pricey premium hardcover POD of this one after contemplated for a few years on whether I would use it all that much (most of my rpgs are electronic).

Anyway, imagine my surprise, elation, and wee bit of frustration when the creator announced having the French version translated and published in English. I'm stoked, even though I already bought the Mythic version, and I don't know whether the "new" edition will actually represent any change. But for Emmanuel Roudier's art alone, it's worth it. The main image on this forum's landing page uses the front cover from the French version.

Here's some more eye candy:

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png