Intro. ''The Hook''

Allan Rodriguez

"I'm going to have to agree with Theo. Based on the fact that he was having angry words with the victim in incident 1 and that the victim in incident 3 was already saddened by the death of his son, his power does not appear to extend to creating these emotions from nothing. He has to induce them in someone without his powers, or they need to already be feeling something for a different reason. Should we come face-to-face with him, we must not let him make us feel anything - scared, angry, sad, or possibly even joyous emotions depending on the details of his power works. I don't know what mind games he'll want to play, but engaging in them could be the death of us."

Allan takes a breath.

"We need to start tracking him down now. We can't let more innocent people die."

Edited by Perlin (see edit history)

Declan L'estrange

Declan frowns, examining the text.

"There doesn't seem to be any relationship between the victims, as far as I can tell. This MO, killing someone every week is worth looking into."

He suddenly notices his cold coffee and takes a swig of it anyway.

"Seems like we have to stage surveillance at this Perrin's office on the 27th. But until then, perhaps we can have a look around, see if there are any rumors about this guy."

Edited by raschlain (see edit history)

Brianna Lopez

Brianna looked over the documents on the table. She ate some fries and took a couple sips of cola while she did so.

"I don't get it. Why does he have a gun?

In any case, we have three people we can talk to and we have a date and location for the next attack.

This isn't really my wheelhouse, but why don't we split up, three of us each take a witness at one of these locations and one of us goes and figures out what Perrin's all about."

Day time foot work, ugh. Looks like Night Hood will be taking a few nights off this week.

"And don't make me pick, I'm fine doing whichever task the three of you don't want."

Theo Richardson

"I don't think splitting up one-to-one is wise..." Theo mutters. "Maybe we can split into pairs instead & decide which two of the places to tackle first? I think I can call up one of my media connections for maybe... some leeway in getting into the Bancroft's?"

Das listens carefully, nodding in agreement.

I am of the same opinion. There are a lot of things we don't know, a lot of guesswork, and that's dangerous. Declan is right. There doesn't seem to be any connection to the victims, and there have been no reports of items missing in any of the past three incidents. And yes, Brianna, why does this guy have a gun? If he can make people drop dead, why does he need it?

Her phone beeps. Das looks at the screen and sighs.

Gotta run. Duty never ends. A few things before I go. First, I agree with Theo's idea that you approach this in groups. This guy is dangerous, and while some of you know how to protect yourselves, others lack the training. I'll be on speed dial if you need anything. Keep me posted and I'll do the same. And finally: If you encounter this man... don't do anything rash. He's dangerous. And this is still a police matter. It should end in an arrest, not a dead man. Call me, then call for backup and we'll go from there.

Show this

Unless anyone has something to add, Das will take her leave.