NASA made an RPG

All i can do is lol at this. Maybe I'll be the weirdo that actually tries running it here on the boards lmao i mean it's both fantasy and real world? What?

I'm not easily seeing the details of the system but you can tell this was "universal as long as you play d&d or pathfinder" because it references level 7-10. That's no OSR romp! Definitely not a PbtA or 24XX game...

27 minutes ago, matt_s said:

if i (1) worked at NASA and (2) didn't value my job I'd have made an Event Horizon style oneshot instead. Complete with high quality artwork.

I love where this thread is going.

10 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

All i can do is lol at this. Maybe I'll be the weirdo that actually tries running it here on the boards lmao i mean it's both fantasy and real world? What?

I'm not easily seeing the details of the system but you can tell this was "universal as long as you play d&d or pathfinder" because it references level 7-10. That's no OSR romp! Definitely not a PbtA or 24XX game...

Yeah, they seemed to be trying suuuuuper hard not to invoke the wrath of WotC, despite there being plenty of evidence that they could have been a little more up front with the branding. I feel like it would be have been pretty easy to make it system-neutral since there are so few stats provided, too.

3 hours ago, matt_s said:

if i (1) worked at NASA and (2) didn't value my job I'd have made an Event Horizon style oneshot instead. Complete with high quality artwork.

I've worked with NASA folk in the past. There are absolutely people there doing this already, just not on official letterhead.