Scene 1 - The Washboard

Theo Richardson

Theo panickingly shows Declan the article's extra paragraphs. "Mr. Declan, I don't think we have any time left. We need to do something. Now!"

Night Hood

She counts the number of individuals surrounding the man on the ground.

They outnumber him, while beating him to death. I wonder how they would react to being beat to death themselves. Fanciful thought, but I think I would rather just kill them and be done with it.

Her sights tighten on the man who seems to be in charge as she unleashes Sekhmet's power, channeling it into the blade in her hands. A lightless flame engulfs the blade as it extends in length to that of sword.

The darkness of the night both hides her approach and keeps her from realizing her full power. But this is something she is used to and she takes full advantage of the fact that she has yet to be spotted. Before she gets close enough to be seen or heard, she takes a few steps up the side of an alley wall and leaps into the air. The only sound she makes now is the sound of drops of water as they bounce of of her body.

As she gets within reach, Night Hood swings her blade at the man's neck.

Hit With All You've Got

Tags

Power:

Lioness's Roar, No Mercy, Night Hood, Maria

Weakness:

Dark and Stormy Night

Name
Hit With All You've Got
2d6+3 4,3

Declan L'estrange

Declan curses, "Alright, I'm gonna go for the bald man. Allan, do you think you can do anything about the singer? Theo, get eyes on the doors! If Brianna enters, get her attention."

Theo Richardson

Theo scans the bar & looks back at Declan. "O-Okay. I'll also try a bit of something here!!" He then raised his most recent newspaper prophecy, took a deep breath & began to shout. "EXTRA!! EXTRA!! BREAKING NEWS!! KILLING 'BOUT TO OCCUR AT THE WASHBOARD!!! KILLING 'BOUT TO OCCUR AT THE WASHBOARD!!!"

Roll

Power Tags:
> Newspaper Prophecies
> Horrible Events
> News Publisher Employee
> Inflammatory Headlines

Imposed Status Proposal: Time to Run-4

Edited by LuckiDays (see edit history)
Name
Roll
2d6+4 2,6

Posted (edited)

Outside

There is a sizzling sounds as Maria, covered in an invisible flame, meets the rain. Brianna is vaguely aware of warm droplets touching her exposed fingers, but the feeling is too distant to distract her.

The blade comes down and the smell of burned flesh fills the alley. Time stops for a moment, and Brianna notices the jackal observing from the shadows, his gaze fixed on her. Was he here for the man? Who in this alley was in danger? Was he here for her?

Then screams rush in, as if to fill the gap. The bystanders scream as the man falls down, hands flailing, trying in vain to reach the wound on the back of his neck. If he hadn't moved at the last moment he would be a headless body, lying in the mud. He screams as well, but his own screams are a mix of pain and outrage.

His companions let out angry shouts but they do not freeze. One of them makes a sound. A click. Two others respond and move to flank her, as he levels a shotgun towards her. A fourth moves to the fallen man These men are trained. Anger? Yes. Panic? No.

Inside

A murmur spreads as Theo shouts. Then a couple gets up and heads towards the exit. Then another.

Then the balding man gets up.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please make your way to the front door. We apologise for the inconvenience, but safety first-"

A scream coming from somewhere outside cuts through the room.

People start yelling and rushing through the door, the staff and the balding man trying desperately to get them outside in a somewhat orderly fashion.

OOC: The Boys have given themselves Tactical Advantage - 2

For context, the scream heard in the club is from the man Brianna very nearly beheaded.

The club is in the middle of emptying. If anyone wants to do anything before the patrons are gone now is the time.

Edited by Samanos (see edit history)

Night Hood

She's a little surprised he survived her first strike. She is slightly more surprised by how quickly his subordinates responded.

Trained. Not your average thugs. All the more reason to see each one fall.

She spots an opportunity as the one she struck falls away from her. Another is coming to his aid. She steps into his shadow, hoping that her footing holds in the rain soaked ground. She uses this position to defend against any incoming fire, by using his body as cover. As she does so, she slides the edge of her blade against the the one she struck first. She understands that it is risky to attack the one person not actively engaging in combat, but she really doesn't want the man to survive the night.

Take the Risk

Tags

Power:

Lioness's Roar, Uncontrollable Rage, No Mercy, Maria

Weakness:

Dark and Stormy Night

Name
Take the Risk
2d6+3 3,3

Posted (edited)

Outside

Brianna does her work quick and efficiently. It is a relatively simple matter to feint, bypass and strike. These guys may be trained but she had a goddess raging inside her.

One down, four to go. The counterstrike of the nearest one is clumsy. Its easy to block the axe and-

A gunshot near her foot causes her to stumble, lose her balance. A kick on her good arm does the rest and "Maria" flies off into the dark, the flame fizzling out before the mud swallows up the knife. Damn.

Screams fill the alley now, people that so far were just observing now scramble to get back inside the bar. The men are all rushing her now, cursing, yelling, promising a slow and painful death. The flashes of lightning make them seem different. For a moment they look like Old Norsemen, dressed in Roman armour.

Inside

The chaos helps Declan out, takes the focus away from his veiled questions and the balding man seems all too eager for some help here. Sammy Jefferson Jr is his name, and he remembers the file mentioning he is the owner of the club.

Declan believes him when he mumbles that he doesn't understand what the hell is going on or why these men are here.

But when he asks about Darnell, the man gives him a side glance. A regular customer. He run into him and the skinhead having words and then Darnell dropped dead. First time he has heard anything like that.

And Declan knows. He is lying. He knows something about Darnell Fox or the hooded man. Something there made him tense.

Before he has time to formulate a response though a gunshot sounds from the back. Then screams as people burst into the room.

"They are killing each other!"

His eyes meet Theo and Allan and all think the same thing.

Brianna.

Edited by Samanos (see edit history)

Theo Richardson

Seeing the bar attendees rushing out & Mr. Declan, going to confront one of the suspects, Theo made his decision & made way to the back of the bar with Mr. Allan in tow. They soon arrived; bursting out of the back exit!! 

Theo saw the commotion. He saw Brianna. He saw the prophesied mercenaries. He… probably saw the dead body but he quickly ignored it. Instead, he took another deep breath in, raised his one article & shouted out again!!

“EXTRA!! EXTRA!! BREAKING NEWS!! VIGILANTE NIGHT HOOD STRIKES ONCE MORE!!! VALHALLA BOYS MEMBERS HUNTED DOWN!!”

The words in the article emit an eerie glow but only to all who turn towards it. The words he spoke seemingly manifested as wisps seeping into their ears. They will see the future!! They will see the grim sight of Night Hood hunting them all down & their dead bodies on the floor!!

… Or at least, that’s what Theo’s hoping.

Roll

Power Tags:
> Newspaper Prophecies
> Horrible Events
> News Publisher Employee
> Inflammatory Headlines
> Conjure Hallucinations

Weakness Tags:
> Not Enough Paper
> Dark & Stormy Night

Edit 1: I'll mark one Attention on Theo's Divination.

Imposed Status Proposal: Scared of Dying-3

Edited by LuckiDays (see edit history)
Name
Roll
2d6+3 4,1

Night Hood

Well. It looks like I kicked the hornets nest. Strange that I am not more worried about what comes next. I'm outnumbered and weaponless in a gun fight. But the opportunity to drown these people in their own blood fills me with too much excitement!

She see's her assailants approach with malice. She steps in time with the falling rain and uses the darkness to her advantage. One is closing the distance with an ax in hand.

Melee? What fools.

"Want to take my life? Try me!"

Her voice is no longer her own. The sound is as if a lion had implanted itself deep within her soul and just let out its roar as she spoke. To those that can see through the mist, her visage has completely changed. Her head now is covered in full regalia of an Egyptian goddess. Her eyes, her mouth, her entire face; transformed into that of a lioness's.

Face Danger

Tags

Power:

Uncontrollable Rage, No Mercy, Taking a Beating, Night Hood, Dark and Stormy Night

Weakness:

Beserk-2

Name
Face Danger
2d6+3 5,6

Declan L'estrange

Declan watches Allan and Theo head outside then claps the balding man on the shoulder.

"Alright, my man. Keep it up in here and I'll see what I can do about what's going on outside."

Declan readies his pistols and heads outside.

Night Hood

Combining Sekhmet's skill in battle and Night Hood's understanding of back alley brawling, ensures that the axe-wielding assailant will fail in his attack. Furthermore, said assailant's lack of experience left him open for a rebuttal from Night Hood, in the form of slicing into his own leg. The man falls in pain and agony, victim to his own attack. She watches as a satisfied smirk forms on her lips.

I'll see to his death after the other three, but I'll need a weapon to make things fair.

Her eyes, now evoking the wrath of Sekhmet, scan the area to find something suitable to hold as a weapon. The falling rain and darkness of the night do little to aid her.

Change the Game

Tags

Power:

Lioness's Roar, Uncontrollable Rage, Night Hood, Unfair World

Weakness:

Dark and Stormy night

Name
Change the Game
2d6+3 1,6

The man screams as Brianna slices as his leg and falls down. Night Hood has a moment to savour the strike, but the feeling is cut short as another one tackles her and they roll away from the wounded man.

Brianna rams a boot in the man's face, pushing him away but he seems barely winded and both combatants jump into their feet. Brianna has a new weapon now, dragged from mid and trash: the shotgun of the man she just killed. Night Hood feels her lips form a savage smile as her flame engulfs the weapon.

The men face her with their weapons but before they can react shots start echoing from the side. One of the Boys takes cover and starts firing back at Declan, while Allan jumps at another thug from the shadows.

Gold glimmers under his gold and Brianna hears a metallic sound as his makeshift armour manages to repel a throwing axe. The teamaker awkwardly throws a fist at the mercenary, who blocks easily. However, his hand immediately starts turning into gold, locking into place. The man looks at that and shrieks in horror.

The two remaining Boys waste no more time. They level their weapons at her and fire.

Night Hood

When she noticed Declan and Allan assisting, Night Hood had to bight her tongue. There was a deep desire to see them fall by her hands alone. But, Brianna knew better than let her bloodlust control all of her emotions.

Perhaps they will still fall by my hands, they are simply aiding me in ensuring I succeed with fewer injuries.

The thought rang in her mind in a separate voice, it was a manifestation of Sekhmet's will.

Night Hood stared at the two attacking her, unflinching for far too long when considering the circumstances. And just before it would be too late to move, she began dodging the incoming attacks.

Face Danger

Face Danger

Tags

Power:

Indomitable+2, Dark and Stormy Night, Taking a Beating

Weakness:

Work Alone

Edited by Feirgon (see edit history)
Name
Face Danger
2d6+3 2,6
Face Danger