The Village - OOC

Morphling

@Morphling I just read the section on death and dying. I assume we're not doing the "recovering the body" Luck check to not actually be dead for level-0 characters? I had missed that that was a thing.

Also, for recovering armor, it says there's a 25% chance the armor is destroyed, and I rolled a 1. Could I spend a Luck on that roll, if I wanted to? I'm not sure, since it doesn't actually say it's a d4 roll, just a 25% chance.

Edited by pesukarhu (see edit history)

We are using rules as written for recovering the body, which means it doesn't apply to 0-level characters. As it notes under bleeding out "A 0-level character that reaches 0 hit points is irrevocably killed." I shudder to think how difficult it would be for me to whittle down the party if everyone got a luck check to stay alive.

As for recovering armor, I think I will allow luck to be spent on things other than d20 rolls on a case by case basis. In this case, I think burning one luck to automatically recover armor would be fine.

On 4/23/2024 at 10:09 AM, Morphling said:

We are using rules as written for recovering the body, which means it doesn't apply to 0-level characters. As it notes under bleeding out "A 0-level character that reaches 0 hit points is irrevocably killed." I shudder to think how difficult it would be for me to whittle down the party if everyone got a luck check to stay alive.

As for recovering armor, I think I will allow luck to be spent on things other than d20 rolls on a case by case basis. In this case, I think burning one luck to automatically recover armor would be fine.

Thanks for the reference! I was pretty sure that a funnel would make no sense with that recover-the-body rule, but I hadn't spotted the bleeding-out one.

And, sure, what the hey, I think Bokk will spend a luck to recover Yaz's armor.

7 minutes ago, Morphling said:

@sleepydogboy Note that you have not met the new PCs yet. Ygg ran off ahead to the room they were in, and the rest of you still need to cross the bridge to catch up with him.

Whoops! Got mixed up with locations, will edit 👍

Each individual needs an artifact.

Horseflies are large agile insects with a nasty sting. These ones are large enough that three people could ride on one.

Also, everyone needs to make a DC 10 Strength check to successfully cross the bridge.