OOC Chat

8w_gremlin

9 hours ago, Dixi said:

OOC: My bad. Was sure Attack Rolls are special and utilize d20 (they do but for enemies only, right?) Re-rolling below.

Btw, is it possible to make CS on Demiplane editable by DM? Not saying we need it now, but some DMs do like to handle HP and consumables by themselves.

17 with modifier 6+9+2 (End result: -1 Hope, +1 Stress. Since the resulting Hope was bigger than Fear, no Fear added?)

Yes, all player actions are done with hope and fear dice. (there is a rare instance where a player can have a 1d20 as a Hope dice, but usually it's 2 d12s)

if you succeed with Hope, you get 1 hope back.

I don't know about GM having editor rights to character sheets, usually its up to you to be honest and track your own hp, consumables etc.
As this takes extra burden off the GM who is already tracking the game, 6 players and the monsters as well.
So appreciate it if you do honestly track it, thanks

Looks like that worked! I fiddled and it seems to let me move stuff about. Added a little "flying" indicator to the token as a test and looks like it stuck. Thanks!

I'm not a big fan of battle maps with locked in grid, but a battle map that you can drag to see distances. This game wasn't built around having hard numbers, but I do understand the need to have a map so people can see relative distances.

That said, I have been trying to read the new rule release, since I barely got started on the last one. So trying to read this, but there is a lot of little things I am noticing, especially minor wording changes with large game impacts.

image.png.8d739c515a4c12bdfecaa37011d2b993.png

Posted (edited)

Thanks for this @solyrflair 
I've added you to the map, but if you want to move the token, you'll need to accept the invite
https://app.roll20.net/join/17022060/1fen0A
(invite link)

I've noticed you've not posted for a while on Act 1.
https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/18023-act-one-on-the-road/page/3/#comment-281658

Edited by 8w_gremlin (see edit history)

I was doing the survey and looking at some sheets and i've noticed a few things and i want to bring them up and see if i'm thinking of them wrong, or missing something.

As far as i can see, there is nothing like a 'spell slot' in Daggerheart, which means that you don't really have spells, you have abilities that you can use as much as you like, which is great.

Maybe it changes at higher levels, and maybe other domains are different, i've looked at a few but only really dug down into a couple of them, but it seems that, at least to start with, most abilities are basically very, very similar, there doesn't seem a lot of reason to use one over the other.

For example, the wizard gets a few to start with, so lets look there (i'm also the most familiar with them)

Book of Ava has two powers we can look at. Power Push and Ice Spikes, and also the most common weapon, the Great Staff, so first lets see what they do.

Power Push
Damage:
1d10
Range: Melee
Effect: Push target back to Far range
Ice Spikes
Damage:
1d6
Range: Very Far
Effect: -
Great Staff
Damage:
1d6
Range: Very Far
Effect: Roll extra damage, drop lowest

So Power Push can be used in melee to get space, and deal 1d10 damage which is great, but then you look at Ice Spikes and the Great Staff and i can't see a single reason to use ice spikes.. ever? Unless they had some environmental effect that isn't shown, the ability is just 100% less good than the great staff.

I wonder if something like Ice Spikes was put in just to give that card three powers like the others have and its just one that'll never be used, has anyone noticed this in the other Domains? I've noticed that most don't have three powers like the early wizard ones do, so it might be unique to the wizard.

The book does say that the GM is encouraged to be open to creative interpretations of spells, and Ice Spikes could do that - it could be used to block areas (or make difficult terrain) or break objects like doors and so on, but that is so much up to the GM/Player dynamic i'm not sure if that should count as 'use' in this sense.