General Chat

1 hour ago, rauhric said:

@Vecnahand I would like to submit my interest as well. I have always wanted to play with this system, and briefly got an opportunity some years ago with the Aeon title, but that game never got out of the introduction phase. Anyways, how much knowledge about the lore and system is needed in order to apply? Because I have none on both. I found a pdf I can read over but I doubt I will be up to speed once the game gets started. I will still need help understanding mechanics and lore.

I mean there is some lore but it's not overwhelming. The short version of things, the world was pretty much like our world until 2018 when N-Day happened and Novas started appearing. Novas have been part of the world for 10 years (current year is 2028 in game) and unlike many other superhero settings where super inventor didn't use their powers to change the world...the world has been changed, clean energy, Opnet (basically replacement to the internet is basically free and make the internet looks like a snail, available everywhere) and various other improvements. Novas are pretty much superstars and there are a few of them only 2000 of them worldwide. Project Utopia and the Aeon Society helped the world during the chaotic period of the Novas eruptions in 2018 to now. The UN holds a great amount of influence in the world.

Team Tomorrow is part of Project Utopia and do things that you would expect from Superheroes teams. There are multiple T2M based in different places around the world, still the presence of a teleporter makes it possible for members to show up anywhere for assistance.

Beyond that, you can just make a character that erupted with powers and took the offer for Team Tomorrow Canada.

21 hours ago, Vecnahand said:

Alright that's fair, well think of a concept first and can help with the mechanics later.

Yep already had that down for sure.
Kind of looking at the build now.

I'm... Kind of done? In that I'm at 140 out of 150 now.
Would not mind some one looking over my sheet build wise to let me know if I've screwed it up or not? And or if there is anything glaringly obvious I'm missing...

I did actually have a question.
Skill Specializations.
Is there a list some place I'm missing or are we just kind of making them up?

Other then that, Just need to do my characters background and all that, and I've got that line up in my head. Just maybe some input on names/set up.

As to @Inquisitor D
I'm up for background links?
I mean that would all depend on characters however.

4 hours ago, DecoyGirl said:

I'm... Kind of done? In that I'm at 140 out of 150 now.
Would not mind some one looking over my sheet build wise to let me know if I've screwed it up or not? And or if there is anything glaringly obvious I'm missing...

I did actually have a question.
Skill Specializations.
Is there a list some place I'm missing or are we just kind of making them up?

Other then that, Just need to do my characters background and all that, and I've got that line up in my head. Just maybe some input on names/set up.

As to @Inquisitor D
I'm up for background links?
I mean that would all depend on characters however.

There's no list for specializations; they're made up. Keep in mind though, unless I'm missing something, they don't help you with the skill you take them on? They're more 'how does this skill help me do other stuff'? Like, 'Oh, I know all about guns - so I can totally identify this gunshot wound'. That sorta thing

As to links, well like you say, there's an 'if this makes sense' quality to it. :) For my part, Tox doesn't fit too neatly with most options for links, but she's been with Utopia for a while now - anyone who has dealings with the project might've run into her already.

Quick question...

If you pick up the ranged (Say Short Ranged) Trait on Quantum attack.
Does it become ONLY a ranged attack.
Of you can you us it as both a close/ranged?

Or would you need to pick up Variable for that?

Edited by DecoyGirl (see edit history)