OOC

Bobcloclimar

I'm OK with it if @RagallachMC is OK with it OOC. I'd rather the party not get into conflicts with each other in what should be a milk run (for now...).

I'm OK with retconning in the party figuring some sort of comm protocol or network during the post-briefing interlude. Given that Vershin contacted everyone via a network that allows for secure but anonymous communication, I imagine there could be a method for piggybacking off that to allow the team to communicate in near real-time (maybe limited to text only) without identifying themselves personally.

I'm cool with him hacking my phone, Badge might not be though 😄

Or we can say that we have some sort of shared comms that we came up with in the car ride over. Either way.

Posted (edited)

Note that all hacking attempts will be very obvious to casual observers, since it requires a cyberdeck (which are laptop-sized) + crown/jack, even when hacking wirelessly. Wolf could make a Sneak/Cha or Convince/Cha check vs Badge's Notice/Int to pass it off as something else.

The Blast Furnace may be a hive of scum and villainy, but it's more of a place where operations are planned, versus carried out, so a similar check would need to be made if Wolf was planning on hacking anything there.

Rule text

A hacker generally needs to be plugged into their cyberdeck in order to hack, whether with a cranial jack or a VR crown. This is going to be enough to catch the attention of people around them, who may not know what the hacker is doing, but they’ll know that the hacker is prepared to do something. Decks with 0 Enc might be small enough to hide discreetly, if the user is wearing a head covering.

Edited by Bobcloclimar (see edit history)

I don't think Wolf would want to hack a cell phone inside of a bar. At best, she would want to access public records on her cell phone and see if she can pull-up the relevant data on Badge. Failing that, she would just talk to him.

I'd say something like 5 meters or so. Close enough to notice when he leaves, not close enough to hear more than a couple of loud words, and hopefully not close enouhg to be spotted either.

4 minutes ago, Thot said:

I'd say something like 5 meters or so. Close enough to notice when he leaves, not close enough to hear more than a couple of loud words, and hopefully not close enouhg to be spotted either.

Yea. 15-20 ft. Sounds about right

On 5/10/2024 at 10:48 AM, Bobcloclimar said:

Badge and Arm settle in to wait for Ed to make another move; the man continues drinking and gesticulating animatedly, seemingly without a care. Now that they can get a better look at him, they can see the grease-stained jacket on the back of his stool with a "Shadi" nametag above the breast pocket, and a telltale bulge in its pocket betraying the presence of a datapad.

I meant Shadi...sigh.