Input on starting a new game here

I mentioned that I'm considering starting a new game here in one of the other threads. I also mentioned that I'm struggling with what to run. A lot of people do these 'fishing trips' to help focus their efforts so I figure maybe I should give it a try.

One) I wrote up an adventure loosely based on the Netflix Voltron; Legendary Defender series. I wrote it with the intention of using Starfinder as my TT group had only played it once for some reason (since we enjoyed it). The problem is, for me, that Starfinder came out with rules for sharships and big giant mechs and stuff that was much more 'thin' when I started working on the adventure (and was waiting for the group to be available to play it). I had worked up new Mass Combat space ship battle rules that incorporated the PCs building a fleet with the different allied races, mecha stuff, and special Paladin weapons. Both the paladin weapons and Lion would 'level up' as you use them, gaining new special abilities. The main problem I have now is A) I'm not ready to learn all the 'new' rules and B) I really like the stuff I worked up.

Outside of what I've already done, M&M would probably be the best system to convert to if I ran this adventure but I'm not a fan of running M&M (I've tried it twice). For the Super Genre, I am VERY partial to the old Marvel Superheroes (FASERIP) System (and am running a supers game here in that, yay me and thanks to my players) and Champions (Hero System). I LOVE Champions and think I'd like to run the game most in it... but sadly, its hard to run on PbP, mainly due to the Speed issue and I don't know how much of a following it has here (though, yeah, you only need five!)

Two) I have an old Homebrew adventure I actually ran on another site (well, two, technically as it moved... long story... well, not that long, but not relevant) for nearly 8 years. That's been over a decade since I brought that adventure to a close and have been thinking about running it again in D&D 5th edition (it was run in Pathfinder). The setting is a novel I wrote (and hope to publish one day... eh, who doesn't?) in a land called Enber. Enber is a massive valley surrounded by a high mountain range. Though much war has ravaged the valley over ages, the various races keep to themselves and have lived in relative peace over the past three hundred years. However, something ominous is happening and a group of young adventurers will find themselves embroiled in adventure to try to defeat the presumed return of the evil wizard, Rox'Voroth who was defeated that three hundred years ago by a band of adventurers from each of the different races. Is Rox'Voroth returning? How will his bid to take over the Enber Valley be different from the time before? Is he even alive and able to 'return' and if not, just what the heck is happening?

Three) Something superhero-y. There's just not enough supers for me :D

The crux here is an M&M game can get rolling pretty easily but I'm not good with M&M. As stated above, I'd much prefer Champions or MSH. I've some other systems, but not played them before so there would be an additional learning curve if I did that. That's probably significant because I don't really have a story to convert (well, I have LOTs of supers stories, but no adventure written down specifically). I just want supers! I was in a short-lived Champions adventure not long ago (here on the weave) and was loving it and enjoying the heck out of my character but the GM got angry about something on the Discord channel and quit MW. I want that back :(

I don't usually do modules/Adventure Paths as I just have a lot of stories bouncing around inside my head that I want to tell (the aforementioned novel. yeah, I want to be a novelist too) but I did run into a Dark Champions adventure a long time ago that I have always thought I'd like to run. So maybe that?

Anyway, there's more, but those are the three things eating away on my soul the most right now.

Apparently!
This is awesome!

@cailano, I remember a thread where we were discussing how to deal with Speed in Champions. I believe you've run Champions in PbP a couple times (if I remember correctly) and I'd like a refresher on how you've handled it.

My idea is this (and I'm open to suggestions and input)

Everyone is required to have Speed 4. This way a normal (for those other bland RPGs) Our Turn/Their Turn order can be used, which is just easier in PbP instead of waiting on a specific person to post when their speed/dex comes up in the initiative order.

THEN, mooks and such might have a speed of 3 (or 2) granting the heroes extra attacks every so often while a big bad boss might have a speed of 5 and get their own extra attack every so often (you know, for the extra challenge).

Would you lot be good with a speed system alteration like this?

I'd be fine with that. A potential alternative is something similar to a houserule I've done for GURPS to avoid issues where people would spend, you know, five 'rounds' of combat reloading because each round in GURPS is a second, which was that everyone acts in 5-second 'blocks.' Obviously here it would make most sense for them to be in 12-segment 'blocks,' so like someone with Speed 4 acts three times, someone with Speed 6 acts twice, etc. It would take away a bit of our ability to react, but it might be a price worth paying for the ability to actually have a higher speed. (To be fair I haven't really used the houserule I mentioned for GURPS that much yet, so I don't know how practical it is...)

I've never run Hero in PbP but that's how I did it at the table. The Speed Count system always annoyed me and when players had high SPD it felt like they hogged the table.

Plus, I think it's interesting to handle speedsters in other ways, as I think we discussed in that other thread. People had some good ideas there as I recall.